Hannah Gale #3 A leopard never changes its spots, just its domain name

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Obviously using the word in the first place was horrendous and I made my feelings about that clear to her. The final straw for me was the blocking of the words and deleting comments. That just means you know what you’re doing and don’t give a tit and don’t wanna be told off.

I assume people commenting that they forgive her and we should get over it are saying that because they use this word too and don’t want to be made to feel uncomfortable.

Reactions: 9
OH MY GOD!

Just seen she’s back with some half arsed ‘apology’ and clearly doesn’t give a duck still.

I can’t believe Gemma (don’t know who she is?) wants to be associated with her?!?!?

100% agree, I don’t think she even thinks the term she used was offensive and thinks everyone is overreacting.
I think this is indicated by the fact she hasn't even commented on her fans who say they view this racism as normal. I have seen a few people here from the NE of Egnland saying it is/was usual there, but didn't she grow up in London? As someone who also did I find it insane to think this could be seen as normal but regardless, if she somehow did, when people called her out wtf did she do nothing?!

Reactions: 4
There’s a post on IG worth a read about all this, too long to fit in a screenshot
A7330C58-30F4-4448-8E35-8975D38CCD54.png

Reactions: 2
There’s a post on IG worth a read about all this, too long to fit in a screenshot View attachment 317880
This is exactly what I’m talking about when I say that her actions have directly and indirectly affected thousands of people and her way of dealing with it is running away again?

This woman’s post eloquently lays out her thoughts and feeling from someone from the community her racist slur was undermining and being derogatory towards. I hope Hannah reads every single word of this post written by queenie.

Reactions: 5
And you see that this talented, eloquent and quite good at photos instagrammer has less than 1k followers! This is what frustrates me about influencers, it’s all the “cool kids” when there are so many talented people out there hidden away because they don’t have mates with huge followings that’ll drop them in their stories, or they haven’t written a post that’s gone viral because nobody gives them a second look. It’s a crying shame.

Reactions: 19
And you see that this talented, eloquent and quite good at photos instagrammer has less than 1k followers! This is what frustrates me about influencers, it’s all the “cool kids” when there are so many talented people out there hidden away because they don’t have mates with huge followings that’ll drop them in their stories, or they haven’t written a post that’s gone viral because nobody gives them a second look. It’s a crying shame.
Was going to say the same. The fact they even got that number of followers on The Leopard with the poor quality of the content insane. As you say, much more talented people who don't make it near to that number of followers.

Reactions: 12
I think it says a lot about supposed "cancel culture", too.
Hannah referred to her blog as "personal". She's upset because she can't make money from it, because she's finally being held accountable for her actions, and that's the crux of it, but here's an idea.....post because you want to, and not for the money and "fame". No one is banning her from social media. She's just proved that she can't be trusted with such an influential platform, given both her views and how she handles being called out on them, so should dial it back a bit.
No one can "cancel" another person. If she has friends and family, then post to them, and keep it private from the greater public. No one needs 7000+ people to hear them...and very few deserve it.

The biggest issue I have is that with her apology she said that as soon as she was made aware of her racist comment she deleted it....but that's not what happened. She was told multiple times, over multiple months, by multiple people, in multiple ways, and just ignored, deleted and blocked. Until she explains why she didn't address it as soon as she was educated about the word (giving her a massive benefit of the doubt, as I actually can't see how she'd ever think it's an acceptable term) everything else is just noise and isn't good enough.

Reactions: 16
I think it says a lot about supposed "cancel culture", too.
Hannah referred to her blog as "personal". She's upset because she can't make money from it, because she's finally being held accountable for her actions, and that's the crux of it, but here's an idea.....post because you want to, and not for the money and "fame". No one is banning her from social media. She's just proved that she can't be trusted with such an influential platform, given both her views and how she handles being called out on them, so should dial it back a bit.
No one can "cancel" another person. If she has friends and family, then post to them, and keep it private from the greater public. No one needs 7000+ people to hear them...and very few deserve it.

The biggest issue I have is that with her apology she said that as soon as she was made aware of her racist comment she deleted it....but that's not what happened. She was told multiple times, over multiple months, by multiple people, in multiple ways, and just ignored, deleted and blocked. Until she explains why she didn't address it as soon as she was educated about the word (giving her a massive benefit of the doubt, as I actually can't see how she'd ever think it's an acceptable term) everything else is just noise and isn't good enough.
exactly, also event the implication that "personal" made it better/acceptable was just.... so it is fine she is racist personally? ugh

Reactions: 6
No one needs 7000+ people to hear them...and very few deserve it.
Love this, really interesting. It's interesting to think of the reason why people want followers, and seems the majority now is for ego, an easy ride, and free stuff. Hannah came back to talk about sandwiches, and seems to think that deserves thousands of followers and partnerships with brands? It baffles me how many of her followers seem to think this is good content worthy of engaging with.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
We all know how much Hannah used to love a takeaway, do we think this has ruined a Chinese for her?? Has it ruined her precious pineapple and cashew rice? 🙈

• Haha
Reactions: 15
She literally wrote in her own statement that she didn't do the work. Absolutely wild that so many followers are choosing to defend her. White women so committed to sandwich reviews they can't even see she's admitted not taking action.
This killed me. White women nailed in one.😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I can't be doing with people offering up sainthoods for 'content' that was basically a who's who of bleeping sandwiches.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
The Instagram is haemorrhaging followers now. I wonder if there will be any more posts or comments on there from them.

Reactions: 2
The more I think about it, the more I’m angry that Hannah has decided it’s not worth keeping this platform going and using it as an opportunity to share resources, take accountability and show the steps she’s taking to be anti-racist . Too much work so she’s flounced!

Reactions: 21
All the followers who are bleating about trolls and wanting her to stay for ‘amazing content’ are probably feeling a gap in the market for slobby, entitled, kid resenting influencers. There aren’t many who are as ‘open’ about doing duck all and I guess they could relate.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Interestingly, I've noticed a few accounts I follow have now commented on their post but prior to today had stayed out of it and not made their opinion on the situation known publicly.

Reactions: 3
Interestingly, I've noticed a few accounts I follow have now commented on their post but prior to today had stayed out of it and not made their opinion on the situation known publicly.
Staying silent isn’t helpful. I understand it could be painful but this is something that needed to be addressed a week ago. Maybe they wanted to give Hannah the benefit of the doubt that she would speak up?

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.