Hannah Gale #3 A leopard never changes its spots, just its domain name

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think in the ultimate show of Hannah-style laziness they have literally just stepped away and left the page as it is!

Reactions: 9
At the very least she needs to address her white audience to let them know she fucked up and THEY fucked up for trying to defend her, before she leaves. Letting your audience get away with thinking ppl should 'get over it' is not the one, Hannah.

Inclusivity isn't just putting BIPOC on your platform, it's about making it a good space for them to be. And letting white tears into your comments section is NOT the what to do that.

In a shock turn of events, you might need to alienate racists in order to be anti-racist... What a concept...

Reactions: 19
I honestly can’t believe that Hannah was this unprepared for the backlash she would get from this episode. That she thought she could segué back into the picture without acknowledgment of her mistakes. Yet again she’s let herself down by dropping the hot potato and running away. The “statement” on their page pretty much says “see ya later bye”. Hideous!

Reactions: 14
I see alex (frugality) has unfollowed the account now.

i mean whats the point in doing it now? Now that the venture has backfired people are stepping back.

Reactions: 6
I honestly can’t believe that Hannah was this unprepared for the backlash she would get from this episode. That she thought she could segué back into the picture without acknowledgment of her mistakes. Yet again she’s let herself down by dropping the hot potato and running away. The “statement” on their page pretty much says “see ya later bye”. Hideous!
I keep thinking about their first post saying they planned to launch their venture in a posh hotel with champagne. Wearing lipstick and cute clothes 😷 you're right they are hideous

Reactions: 20
There is a bye, but there won’t be a “see ya later”.
By doing this now, she’s burying her brand forever. She’s flounced twice, she has ZERO credibility now. People were willing to give her a chance had she done it right, but she fucked it up massively. If she comes back in two months it’ll be the same backlash. If she comes back in two years, nobody will even remember her.

That’s it, go be a normal, actually useful person.

Reactions: 13
There is a bye, but there won’t be a “see ya later”.
By doing this now, she’s burying her brand forever. She’s flounced twice, she has ZERO credibility now. People were willing to give her a chance had she done it right, but she fucked it up massively. If she comes back in two months it’ll be the same backlash. If she comes back in two years, nobody will even remember her.

That’s it, go be a normal, actually useful person.
Sadly, I don’t think she’s capable of being a ‘normal’ useful person. What could she possibly do? You think in a regular job she’ll be able to just flounce off whenever anyone pulls her up on anything? She would also not be able to have multiple naps a day, I really don’t think she would cope tbh.

Reactions: 10
And she has two kids, how could anyone expect her to work with two children?! It’s just not feasible, people don’t do that

• Haha
Reactions: 14
And she has two kids, how could anyone expect her to work with two children?! It’s just not feasible, people don’t do that
Maybe she'll have to get a job in Aldi or somewhere like that. Seriously though if she can't work online, she will be restricted to her local area and what is available there. Then start factoring in the cost of childcare and she will soon start to see how difficult life is for most of us trying to juggle family & jobs. It would be a good reality check for a lot of influencers to see what actual normal life is like when they are constantly whinging about being busy and stressed.

Reactions: 17
I just thought they'd remove it all rather than just leave it running. Anyone feel sorry for Gemma at all?

Reactions: 2
I just thought they'd remove it all rather than just leave it running. Anyone feel sorry for Gemma at all?
Not really. She would surely have asked Hannah why her blog needed rebranding when getting involved. Sure maybe Hannah downplayed it or outright lied but why would you get involved without looking it up? Best case she just wanted a fast track to becoming an influencer

Reactions: 15
She got into bed with someone who was asked to face their behaviour; didn’t. Yes it’s not her actions directly but surely in 2020 if she has learnt anything she should have told Hannah that she couldn’t work with her till she had created a properly drafted apology and several blog posts on what she was using to educate herself

Reactions: 8
She got into bed with someone who was asked to face their behaviour; didn’t. Yes it’s not her actions directly but surely in 2020 if she has learnt anything she should have told Hannah that she couldn’t work with her till she had created a properly drafted apology and several blog posts on what she was using to educate herself
In a way though, her jumping into bed with someone who behaves like that is exactly her actions. Staying quiet and not calling it out I think makes you just as bad. Gemma clearly thought it would “all just go away” and isn’t that part of the problem?

Reactions: 12
Also maybe the collaboration with Gemma had been planned for a long time. When she got backlash for the racism she was quick to leave IG while announcing in her fb group she would be back shortly with a new project. It was almost like you can all say what you like to me, I quit as HG thinking she had the new partnership as a get out.

Unless Gemma had no idea then no. Even if Hannah is a coward, Gemma could have asked that she do the right thing before they announced this. It's honestly not hard.

Reactions: 6
Unless Gemma had no idea then no. Even if Hannah is a coward, Gemma could have asked that she do the right thing before they announced this. It's honestly not hard.
Sure she would have asked her why she left? She would have been following her? Seen her “statement”

Reactions: 4
Sure she would have asked her why she left? She would have been following her? Seen her “statement”
This is true! No way she wouldn't have known then. Honestly whilst Gemma hasn't done anything, you still have to side eye that she thought that all of this would go smoothly.

Reactions: 7
I am not sure how she thought she could get away with saying nothing. She could have done the right thing. People would have listened and respected her. It's a shame. I know a lot of people didnt like her but at one point I really enjoyed following her. I feel she really messed this up. Why oh why did she think she could come back and say nothing.

Reactions: 7
I envision she will come back as a faceless parent blogger at some point and won’t reveal her identity. Like someone said earlier if she comes back in a few months and hasn’t changed or proved she’s done something she will still get the backlash so there’s no point.

Reactions: 4
If she does come back as a faceless blogger she would need to completely change her writing style as it would be so obvious it’s her otherwise. The terrible grammar and the use of words like “lads”, “babein”, “hubba hubba” and “huzzah”.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.