Hannah Gale #3 A leopard never changes its spots, just its domain name

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I kinda think it's the right thing to do, step away from this business project. Cos now they can have a proper think and learn about it. And that's what we all want, right? Accountability and for her to do better? And there's no way you can do that authentically while also trying to grow a business?

Cos like realistically, she didn't do anything while she was away the first time. So she's got to spend now actually understanding, you know?

EDITED - nah I've changed my mind, it's nonsense to remove herself from the narrative without addressing all the white women still defending her, who will be crying 'cancel culture' now.
Once again playing the victim. She really just needs to deal with this all like a full grown adult and a parent. I dread to think of her quitting and then potentially regaling her kids later on about how “mummy was cancelled by mean trolls”.

Reactions: 11
I suspect part of the reason they are 'stepping away from the venture' because I imagine Gemma wants absolutely no part in it. She turned her insta private last week didn't she, and then hasn't done any insta stories on the leopard. Gemma posted the statement on the site. Might have veered into fanfic here but the wording makes it seem like maybe there's no partnership anymore so there's no option.

Reactions: 16
She really couldn’t be arsed to write about racism and what she’s learned, so much so that this whole thing has blown up again.
I guess she wondered where the aff links would be in that blog post?? What’s in it for Hannah??

Reactions: 5
I feel bad for Gemma. Not sure who she is or if she was a blogger/influencer already, but unless she knew about Hannah's behaviour then it's a shame for her. Hope she didn't invest too much money into the project.

Reactions: 8
She had this “new” platform and could’ve done so much good with it. Instead she showed everyone crappy Xmas sandwiches and cheap trackie bottoms. Absolutely clueless. I was aghast looking through it and wanted to shout “address the racism for duck sake!!”. A lot of people commented asking for some accountability but Hannah was just like “ooooh, look! A candle!”. Ridiculous.

When will she be back? I say April. Lol.

Reactions: 9
Gemma is a working freelance journalist. I think she should be ok though. Based on what I’ve seen the trad media community don’t seem to be too aware of what’s occurred.

Reactions: 6
She had this “new” platform and could’ve done so much good with it. Instead she showed everyone crappy Xmas sandwiches and cheap trackie bottoms. Absolutely clueless. I was aghast looking through it and wanted to shout “address the racism for duck sake!!”. A lot of people commented asking for some accountability but Hannah was just like “ooooh, look! A candle!”. Ridiculous.

When will she be back? I say April. Lol.
for real, like I’m white, I don’t know a single person except a colleague I’m vaguely friendly with who isn’t white. I have definitely unknowingly used hurtful language. I have completely had my eyes opened this year about racism in the uk because it’s not something I’ve ever seen in ‘real’ life (because I don’t come in to contact with anyone who isn’t white british) and I would have loved for Hannah to document her journey through learning about these issues and educating herself! Whilst I personally don’t use it, until maybe 5 years ago, most people I knew used that word. It has always made me cringe but I didn’t really understand the breadth of the issue. I have found some of the stories on this thread heartbreaking, and I would have loved to have read stuff like this on her site? I don’t think It’s really the use of the word that’s been the biggest issue (I understand it’s awful), if it truly came from ignorance would you not have handled it better?

Reactions: 21
Wow it’s been what, a week?? Didn’t even get a chance to chat to you lads, been so busy!!
Unfortunately for her, 2020 has shown that as consumers we want something better for our content than a rehash of Cosmo in blog form. I work with some of the biggest brands in the world and they put SO much work into campaigns and projects and think about what they will be discussing on SM almost 18 months ahead with a few gaps planned for spontaneity. She needs to work very hard to make this work and that’s without her appalling behaviour and ignorance about using a slur then not apologising properly.

Reactions: 19
This seems like another bad move in an endless run of bad moves. I don’t see someone respectfully stepping away, I see someone unwilling to take accountability and educate themselves.

Reactions: 10
The main reason she is stepping away is because she’s realised she won’t be able to get money from this soon, partly because of your efforts guys (well done on emailing those brands and commenting but also the following didn’t get off to a great start).

I appreciate the words in her statement, I wonder if the people who have been hurt by her actions also accept it but that’s not up to me to decide.
Us nonbloggers very quickly figured out what the best thing to do would be as opposed to running away from social media and avoiding the topic of racism. She genuinely thought she could get away with it...well she thought wrong!!!! The only thing that pissed me off was the mentioning of allyship...a group of racist white women saying it’s ok to be racist is not allyship. To be honest, she got what she deserved, I’m glad she won’t be able to make money off her half hearted, racist writing. Hopefully see you never Hannah. Please just focus on something else of LEARN SOMETHING for once girl. Your kids are growing up slowly, you should be too.

Its a shame she has run off again.

just had a scroll of her followers and it’s all white women so not surprising everyone wants to ‘move on’- they honestly can’t see their privilege, as pointed out already they don’t get to decide whats enough.

i do think if bloggers had supported her she wouldn’t have run off so quickly but none of the bigger ones supported them publicly.

Reactions: 5
She literally wrote in her own statement that she didn't do the work. Absolutely wild that so many followers are choosing to defend her. White women so committed to sandwich reviews they can't even see she's admitted not taking action.

I think the post was to judge the reaction and I think she’ll stay. Maybe this has been the plan all along? Come back, cause a drama, look to flounce then rise from the ashes with new content and a lot of traction.

Then I could be giving her too much credit? 😂
You are. She's not playing 4D chess

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Its a shame she has run off again.

just had a scroll of her followers and it’s all white women so not surprising everyone wants to ‘move on’- they honestly can’t see their privilege, as pointed out already they don’t get to decide whats enough.

i do think if bloggers had supported her she wouldn’t have run off so quickly but none of the bigger ones supported them publicly.
I don't get how she is so clueless that she thought her approach was the best one, she really is so unintelligent

Reactions: 7
Bahahahahaha! #FindYourOwnSandwich

Are people seriously upset that some racist they don't know won't be telling them where to spend £2.99 on a candle anymore?
and what about the vague, not even exactly priced sandwich reviews? how will we cope?! I really do not get who her fans could be at this point

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.