Hannah Gale #3 A leopard never changes its spots, just its domain name

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Her story is basically: I've already apologised, I'm not going to be doing anything more about it, so from tomorrow it's business as usual

Reactions: 12
Disappointed, but not surprised.
I mean, a *little* bit surprised. She’s even more stupid than I thought.

Reactions: 10
Anyone seen the comments that have managed to slip through on the most recent grid post? Some girl calls her out and all Hannah's blind followers just jump on her. DON'T FOLLOW THEN. Oh that's what I need to do! To stop the pain of her racism, I just unfollow her!

Reactions: 11
Anyone seen the comments that have managed to slip through on the most recent grid post? Some girl calls her out and all Hannah's blind followers just jump on her. DON'T FOLLOW THEN. Oh that's what I need to do! To stop the pain of her racism, I just unfollow her!
The thing is I think most of us WANT to like her? I know I used to like her page a couple of years ago and actually bought a fair few things on her swipe up links.

Reactions: 8
‘Apologise wholeheartedly again’ AGAIN!?

If she’d put that out 6 months ago as an initial attempt to smooth things over, and then followed through on her words, it might have been forgivable. Instead she made it about her and being bullied and, let’s not forget, she admitted she didn’t to be an influencer anymore anyway. She bleeping flounced! Anyone who believes she has already apologised needs to give their head a wobble.

*Maybe MAYBE* she was hormonal due to her pregnancy and so she dealt with things badly the first time round. But to think THAT is all that’s needed now is SO idiotic.

And lads, the HG Ten Leopard List is only going to be fortnightly, not weekly. Amend your diaries accordingly.

• Haha
It’s basically the shittier version of the already very crappy and equally racist “this is mothership” yawn!

Reactions: 5
Long time lurker here... I genuinely cannot believe how half arsed that apology is. It’s PAINFULLY obvious that she’s only posting it because she feels she has to - not exactly the mark of a genuine apology. I’d say she must be mortified but don’t think she’s got the self awareness for that kind of thing

Reactions: 12
Erica Davies posting about the launch on Friday is the only reason I found out that Hannah was back. Interestingly, she doesn’t follow their page though 👀

Also, someone said that Faye Ellaby was all over their posts but she isn’t following the page either. Have both now unfollowed?!

Reactions: 3
Erica Davies posting about the launch on Friday is the only reason I found out that Hannah was back. Interestingly, she doesn’t follow their page though 👀

Also, someone said that Faye Ellaby was all over their posts but she isn’t following the page either. Have both now unfollowed?!
think people are dropping them after the lame apology, followers have been going down since I last looked this evening. I’ll be surprised if she is able to make this venture work, unless she properly owns up and shows how she is trying to make amends and educate herself

Reactions: 6

Erica unfollowed on Saturday- I think she probably saw herself mentioned here and realised her mistake. Although I might detest Erica and her whining more than Hannah! I don’t reckon she unfollowed for the right reasons, if that was the case she wouldn’t have followed her at all.

Reactions: 6
Lurker here but I had to post as I am CRINGING. One of the black influencers they have followed this evening has been liking all the comments on their posts asking Hannah to acknowledge where she went in the first place. How embarrassing!

Reactions: 20
Is Hannah or the other one responding to DMs? I assume not, but wondering if anyone has had any luck?

Yesterday at 3pm I took a screenshot of the profile, 7,277 followers. Today that’s only gone down by 10. The number of accounts they were following yesterday was only 36, all brand and PR.

I almost feel bad for Gem for being so naive. She must have thought HG would bring in credibility and this would be her quick buck on SM. Gem should have insisted on Hannah making amends as a condition of her getting involved because she’s sullied her name now. Who enters into a business partnership without thinking about public perception? No sympathy.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
What this needs, IMO, is a BIPOC person to call her out. Preferably one who is articulate because Hannah tries to cutesy her way out of things and succeeds because her most defensive followers are dumbasses and can't see her words for what they are.

Reactions: 3
What really annoys me about all of this is how difficult Hannah is making it. Why is it so difficult for her to make a proper apology? Why can’t she learn from her mistakes? It’s all so gobsmackingly thick. I work in crisis comms and she’s done everything wrong and instead of even trying to fix it she just keeps making it worse. It’s one of the reasons I have no sympathy for her, because anyone else would have made a better apology, would have actually detailed exactly what she’d done to make it better, but she hasn’t. So I think she’s sitting there thinking everyone is out to get her which proves she’s learnt nothing at all.

And then if we put that issue to one side for a moment (please excuse my flippant turn of phrase for something which is not flippant at all) but the blog is so crap. It’s just press releases re-released with different words. It’s mid 2000s magazine style. Adding a few phrases like “Hubba hubba” doesn’t add personality anymore. I used to like Hannah’s blog but now her content is so boring and the same thing again and again. You can see the same thing happening with so many blogs but it’s so apparent with Hannah’s. I can’t think of another influencer who needs to give it up as much as she does. She could probably make a great living doing content for a brand but she’s clearly too lazy to do that. She’s had an easy ride for too long. I think it’s time for her to just go away and live a normal life.

Reactions: 21
What this needs, IMO, is a BIPOC person to call her out. Preferably one who is articulate because Hannah tries to cutesy her way out of things and succeeds because her most defensive followers are dumbasses and can't see her words for what they are.
Michelle Chai has alluded to it on Twitter but as far as I can see hasn’t had direct public contact with Hannah. I’d also say, it’s not her job, or any BIPOC persons job, to teach racists why they are racist and how to apologise.
I am white and have learned a lot about white privilege over the past few months, and I don’t think the onus should be put on BIPOC people to challenge racism. That confrontation must be unimaginably emotionally draining and triggering. Allies must step up now to ensure Hannah’s apology is sincere and that she has learnt something from all of this. So far, I can’t see that has happened.

Reactions: 27
Michelle Chai has alluded to it on Twitter but as far as I can see hasn’t had direct public contact with Hannah. I’d also say, it’s not her job, or any BIPOC persons job, to teach racists why they are racist and how to apologise.
I am white and have learned a lot about white privilege over the past few months, and I don’t think the onus should be put on BIPOC people to challenge racism. That confrontation must be unimaginably emotionally draining and triggering. Allies must step up now to ensure Hannah’s apology is sincere and that she has learnt something from all of this. So far, I can’t see that has happened.
Oh totally I don't think they should teach. But the fact that Hannah just sees us all as sad gossips that mean nothing in the grand scheme of things, I think it would be a big shock to her system to be called out by the exact people she offended. I'm wording this really badly but I hope you understand.

Reactions: 11
What an tit apology.

sorry you’re feelings got hurt lads but i’ve learnt my lesson and will be more inclusive, here is a link about midi skirts 👍🏽

they could have launched with what Hannah has learnt on her time off 🙄

I think one of the main issues is that she probably believes her writing is powerful enough to ‘fix’ everything when it’s just... not. She may have a background as a journalist, even at the time it was writing listicles, stuffing SEO keywords and essentially fluffy pieces for now defunct glossies and Metro online. There’s been no depth to her content and writing for a long time and it shows.

I also find the whole sandwich and glittery Tesco skirts so tone deaf right now. I’m their target demographic and this year has really made me realise that I don’t need another cheaply-made crappy skirt from a supermarket. I’d rather save up and spend 3x that on an independent designer, made ethically that will last. The premise of affordable seems to be all about wanting MORE OF ALL THE THINGS rather than through the viewpoint of it being affordable for those who need it.

Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.