Hannah Gale #3 A leopard never changes its spots, just its domain name

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think one of the main issues is that she probably believes her writing is powerful enough to ‘fix’ everything when it’s just... not. She may have a background as a journalist, even at the time it was writing listicles, stuffing SEO keywords and essentially fluffy pieces for now defunct glossies and Metro online. There’s been no depth to her content and writing for a long time and it shows.

I also find the whole sandwich and glittery Tesco skirts so tone deaf right now. I’m their target demographic and this year has really made me realise that I don’t need another cheaply-made crappy skirt from a supermarket. I’d rather save up and spend 3x that on an independent designer, made ethically that will last. The premise of affordable seems to be all about wanting MORE OF ALL THE THINGS rather than through the viewpoint of it being affordable for those who need it.
You write with actual intelligence and depth. I'd read your blog/IG. 😚

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Well they've gone on a follow spree at some point. Sure they were only on 40 something last time I looked.

I saw someone commented saying they loved their midi skirt, where was it from and the royal we responded 'which one?' and I wanted to comment underneath 'not yours, Hannah. It looks like a fitted sheet' 😂
100% thiswill be quoted in the next Cosmo article 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Her pretending that it was her personal blog really irritates me. No it was your business. You were making a living from it. It wasn’t somewhere you shared pictures of your cats and half arsed baking or whatever, you were making money from it.
It’s like she’s erasing that she worked with brands and she was an influencer in an effort to minimise what she did wrong. She must have thought enough time had passed and that everyone had forgotten what she did but she’s missed the opportunity now, she can’t disappear again for another few months and relaunch, there’s only one chance to do it and she’s messed it up because ultimately she still can’t see why what she did was unacceptable.

Reactions: 26
Yes she's not owned it at all. It's all excuses and avoidance tactics. It would be fitting now if the blog & IG lost all views and followers. She has nothing of substance to say. We gave her a chance & she messed it up.

Reactions: 6
You write with actual intelligence and depth. I'd read your blog/IG. 😚
Awww, shucks! 😚

I think the main takeaway I have is that the site has been repurposed created as a money-making scheme. And while I understand they need to make money to live, if she had relaunched with the intention of providing interesting, relatable content with a core purpose and addressed the huge thing (a video would have been better, out of her comfort zone shows growth) she *may* have had a fighting chance.
If she had pitched magazines and newspapers with her side of the story and how she had tried to address it, with some help from a good editor to get the messaging right, and not turned it into a “me, me, me” piece she may have had a fighting chance.

If she had launched The Leopard as a stand-alone title without highlighting WHO was running it, it could have had a chance.

This however seems like a corners cut way to boost the SEO, grow the DA quickly and maximise on the previous successes and audience she had. It’s a cut and shut.

Reactions: 16
I think the thing that gets me is the so called apology is then followed by we will be back tomorrow sharing the biggest stories so see you then!! It literally is like right so I’ve got that inconvenience is out the way now on with business!!! She sees us "trolls" as nothing more than annoying as we are getting in her way of freebies!!! She really is just the most self obsessed person ever!!!

Reactions: 13
I'm still on follower count. Dropping still. I think I saw it up to 7297 at one point and now it's at 7261. Come on everybody, have some balls and unfollow. Then do what I do, search her 13 times a day to check the follower count 😂

Someone else has asked for a life update because they've missed her...

'I had a baby and haven't stopped moaning about it since. One day, I went to Aldi and they were out of pretzel chocolate so I came home and let Chris 'do childcare' because I needed to take care of my mental health. And that brings us up to date, lads'

The brown nosers are out in force since her 'apology' last night. Someone actually called a girl suggesting Hannah apologise 'preachy' and accused her and 'many others' of being 'on their high horses.

Lots of people suggesting if you don't like Hannah, unfollow. This is how to combat deep-seated racism! Why did none of us think of this before? 'If you don't like it, don't look'. Problem solved...

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
duck’s sake, when are people going to stop using the fact she was pregnant to excuse her?! You can be pregnant and still be a dick, I’m pretty sure I was at times 🤣

Reactions: 27
duck’s sake, when are people going to stop using the fact she was pregnant to excuse her?! You can be pregnant and still be a dick, I’m pretty sure I was at times 🤣
yes so annoying when people always try to use conditions as an excuse to be dicks, especially the person on question does it themselves.

also they seem to forget she used the slur when she wasn’t pregnant

Reactions: 8
Yes but no one told her about it! We all waited until she was heavily pregnant to out her.

• Haha
So Gem Ellis has shared a post about the racist Sainsburys comments but supports HG...

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
So Gem Ellis has shared a post about the racist Sainsburys comments but supports HG...
She can't possibly be held responsible all by herself! She has children, for god's sake! And so on... I'm practising being a moron like the rest of her followers but I can't do it without sounding incredibly sarcastic...

Reactions: 4
Does anyone know when she's likely to have given birth? I thought she'd still be pregnant since she wasn't away that long but i guess she did announce it when she was quite far along, didn't she?

Does anyone know when she's likely to have given birth? I thought she'd still be pregnant since she wasn't away that long but i guess she did announce it when she was quite far along, didn't she?
I'm sure when she said it was due in September if I remember right.

Reactions: 1
Her stories, who the hell says hubba hubba?! She is literally so cringe! I don’t know about "the leopard" should have been called the skunk because it stinks!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 15
It’s a shame she came back just after mercury retrograde, imagine all the content she could have put out

• Haha
The Christmas tree for flat shares, who is the leopards market? Hannah is a mother of two in her 30s.

I’m also a mother of two in my 30s and I have no interest in Percy pig cakes and £25 supermarket polyester skirts. Equally though, is this content aimed at women in there 20s?

• Heart
Reactions: 15
And then if we put that issue to one side for a moment (please excuse my flippant turn of phrase for something which is not flippant at all) but the blog is so crap. It’s just press releases re-released with different words. It’s mid 2000s magazine style. Adding a few phrases like “Hubba hubba” doesn’t add personality anymore.
Amazing to see that HG must have read this whole insightful comment and clearly disregarded the feedback

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.