Hannah Gale #3 A leopard never changes its spots, just its domain name

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Convinced she read it - she's just written Hubba Hubba on a story about a reworded press release

• Haha
Reactions: 4
The Christmas tree for flat shares, who is the leopards market? Hannah is a mother of two in her 30s.

I’m also a mother of two in my 30s and I have no interest in Percy pig cakes and £25 supermarket polyester skirts. Equally though, is this content aimed at women in there 20s?
She's desperately trying to be Jo Elvin I reckon. Look at me, a magazine founder and editor writing shite about self love I found from illustrators on the Internet and not paid them for and look at this sneaky brand deal I'm trying to secure my kissing their arse.

Reactions: 7
Morning lads! This thread is giving me life right now. My toddler has just shat on the floor but I’m fine about it’s coz I’ve just read ‘HUBBA HUBBA’ on their latest story 😂
God give me strength.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Whyyyyy is she sharing that post about menstrual journaling again? Yes, some women have periods - woop di bleeping doo! The fact that I may or may not bleed out of my vagina once a month should not result in me planning my life around it.

Reactions: 10
I just can’t, it’s so so boring! Is this what they think people actually want to read...another article about nails and how to do them yourself during lockdown?
Lockdowns been going on for nearly a year girls, these articles have been done by every major magazine/newspaper and every Tom, Dick and Harry instagramer and blogger.

Seriously Hannah (because we all know this is 100% HG) you had all this time on maternity leave to think of new ideas and new content and how you could develop as a ‘journalist’ and a as per usual you’ve typically done sweet FA

Just caught up with the thread and bleeping hell this woman pisses me off like no one else!! It screams lazy and privileged. She just took some time away because she couldn’t be bothered to ‘blog’ anymore (if you can call HG10 with no proof reading blogging or working). She could afford to take the break, and she left with the clear intention of coming back even thought she admitted her heart isn’t in it anymore. Getting paid for being lazy is the only thing she knows how to do so she came back. Following BAME accounts whose content she won’t watch isn’t inclusivity or educating yourself. She didn’t read her DM’s before despite the fact that it was her job too, what will her excuse be now? I’m so busy with two kids. And what the duck is it with coming back and bringing nothing new or creative to the table, midi bleeping skirts and cakes. duck off. Everything you need to know about a sandwich my ass. She is so lazy, she doesn’t deserve to be an influencer as her content is clearly just an attempt to make other people as lazy as her. If she genuinely educated herself she wouldn’t be back with this bullshit. If tattle life was so bad why is she still reading it? I remember the fact that she didn’t include her apology in her highlights being mentioned of here before, so she now comes back and says the apology will now be included in her highlights. What’s the aim of their business anyway. Doesn’t promote anything good and is v lazy, Hannah Gale needs to get off the internet and spend some time on building herself up because she’s the bare minimum right now.

Reactions: 11
Disappointed, but not surprised.
I mean, a *little* bit surprised. She’s even more stupid than I thought.
I used to really like her when she discussed her issues with food as I was suffering from similar at the time, she has become such a disappointment, first of all it was just her sheer laziness which was annoying but this racism issue is just :mad:

Reactions: 3
Anyone else noticed the social links in the top right all point to Hannah’s social media pages, even the Instagram one?! Can’t tell if it’s a mistake or HG trying to rule the roost
Catching up. I’m sure the convo has moved on from this comment, I’m only on page 5 😂 but had to jump in and say WOW what a PISS POOR LAZY effort to not even change the social links on the blog before launch. They are beyond useless and unprofessional.
The fact that the links still point to Hannah’s socials confirm what I suspected - they just changed the domain name of Hannah’s original site, added some leopard styling, and that’s all - lads it’s essentially the exact same site.
Imagine being so useless and tone deaf as to relaunch, with no apology, incorrect links on the homepage of your site, and for me, aside from the lack of an apology, the new content is utterly tone deaf. Where’s the intro post? Where’s the acknowledgement that LADS we’re in the middle of a global pandemic and life is tough right now? It’s embarrassing. Hannah (and this Gemma character) are terrible writers, even worse business owners, and completely tone deaf.

The whole thing is just laughable. It really is a complete embarrassment and a total farce. She clearly saw ££ signs in her eyes in the run up to Christmas and I’m guessing money has been a bit tight (mortgage holiday as soon as they moved in, Chris working in Aldi and Hannah quitting the ‘gram), so thought she’d show her face a month before Christmas in order to make a few quid.

Reactions: 8
She hasn’t added the leopard print styling, that’s from her OG site 🐆

Love how we’re still running with Chris works in Aldi. I missed you lads.

• Haha
I think one of the main issues is that she probably believes her writing is powerful enough to ‘fix’ everything when it’s just... not. She may have a background as a journalist, even at the time it was writing listicles, stuffing SEO keywords and essentially fluffy pieces for now defunct glossies and Metro online. There’s been no depth to her content and writing for a long time and it shows.

I also find the whole sandwich and glittery Tesco skirts so tone deaf right now. I’m their target demographic and this year has really made me realise that I don’t need another cheaply-made crappy skirt from a supermarket. I’d rather save up and spend 3x that on an independent designer, made ethically that will last. The premise of affordable seems to be all about wanting MORE OF ALL THE THINGS rather than through the viewpoint of it being affordable for those who need it.
I couldn’t agree with this more if I tried. Hannah’s blog is just about buy buy buy. It’s sad.

Reactions: 4
Long time lurker here... I genuinely cannot believe how half arsed that apology is. It’s PAINFULLY obvious that she’s only posting it because she feels she has to - not exactly the mark of a genuine apology. I’d say she must be mortified but don’t think she’s got the self awareness for that kind of thing
I don't get why she points out that it was in a "personal" post, surely her whole blog was personal?

Reactions: 1
I wonder if she thinks they are going to be another duo- Pandora Sykes/Dolly Alderton style? I wouldn’t be surprised if there was a podcast soon... although we all know Hannah is ashamed of her accent 🤣

• Haha
Awww, shucks! 😚

I think the main takeaway I have is that the site has been repurposed created as a money-making scheme. And while I understand they need to make money to live, if she had relaunched with the intention of providing interesting, relatable content with a core purpose and addressed the huge thing (a video would have been better, out of her comfort zone shows growth) she *may* have had a fighting chance.
If she had pitched magazines and newspapers with her side of the story and how she had tried to address it, with some help from a good editor to get the messaging right, and not turned it into a “me, me, me” piece she may have had a fighting chance.

If she had launched The Leopard as a stand-alone title without highlighting WHO was running it, it could have had a chance.

This however seems like a corners cut way to boost the SEO, grow the DA quickly and maximise on the previous successes and audience she had. It’s a cut and shut.
i think she likes the fawning from her fan girls too much to do this tbh. I don't understand how either of them thought launching a site which is basically advertising needless crap to buy in the midst of the worst recession in recent times was a good idea. Surely also lots of her fans must be uni/leaving uni kind of age, i.e. probably one of the worst hit groups interms of not finding jobs etc

It speaks volumes that they've limited their comments too. It's just 'finger in ears if I csnt hear you lalala' - it doesn't exist. Since you mentioned the following count dropping I'm now a little keen watching it drop too. A part of me wonders if Gemma knew HG drama. I don't know who Gemma is but if she didnt, I feel sorry for her. If she did, she's a complete muggins.

And additionally, very lazy to not have rebranded at least. It's basically all HG and another name to shield her.

Reactions: 8
The articles read like if you set a Year 10 group the task of writing a magazine. It's so infantile and insulting of them to think grown women with responsibilities, hobbies and just even a basic interest in the issues of society would be interested in this badly written fluff. Give me candles, but give me emerging black owned candle businesses. Give me midi skirts, but give me how ethical retailers exclude plus size. Putting a grown up angle on her overplayed topics isnt hard.

Reactions: 17
It speaks volumes that they've limited their comments too. It's just 'finger in ears if I csnt hear you lalala' - it doesn't exist. Since you mentioned the following count dropping I'm now a little keen watching it drop too. A part of me wonders if Gemma knew HG drama. I don't know who Gemma is but if she didnt, I feel sorry for her. If she did, she's a complete muggins.

And additionally, very lazy to not have rebranded at least. It's basically all HG and another name to shield her.
Their numbers are not dramatically dropping (7,285 last night to 7,249) but not a good start for a new venture when these should be steadily increasing day on day

Reactions: 3
She's desperately trying to be Jo Elvin I reckon. Look at me, a magazine founder and editor writing shite about self love I found from illustrators on the Internet and not paid them for and look at this sneaky brand deal I'm trying to secure my kissing their arse.
I messaged one of the illustrators she used in that post - they didn't ask permission and she had no idea her brand was being associated with HG. She knows she was racist and hasn't supported her content for years. If I was her, I'd call her out for using her content without permission. HG is a total disgrace.

• Wow
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.