Hannah Gale #3 A leopard never changes its spots, just its domain name

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think it’s pretty tit that she hasn’t made her version of an apology a grid post. I know she’s saved it in stories but that isn’t the same.

Reactions: 6
Some of you guys on here were way too nice to her claiming she’s taking time off social media to write a book lol! That slob...I don’t think so! I remember when she mentioned in her Facebook post that she’s ‘working’ on a ‘new project’ and she really just renamed her old blog😂
She lacks respect for her audience if she thinks her content is acceptable and worthy of posting. She’s lazy and a crappy writer. She doesn’t even try to work on her style of writing as it clearly hasn’t changed for years despite the fact that it needs updating. Come on Hannah, it’s been ten years, you’ve had two kids, if you’ve matured, your style of writing should too. She needs to make way for more creative and talented writers who actually educate themselves, aren’t racist, and put more interesting content out into the world as opposed to writing about Sainsbury’s Christmas sandwiches when so many people are stuck at home and are at least trying to work on their cooking skills to make the most out of lockdown.

Reactions: 9
All of this furore would have been avoided if she had only written a grid post explaining what she’s done since that original post AND inviting BAME contributors to write on the site or feature products from BAME creators. By not doing so, she’s now come across as tone deaf and no credible influencer or brand wants to be associated with it. A highlight on Stories that will eventually be pushed down to the bottom as more Highlights are added is not good enough. The tone of her story was just 🤷🏻‍♀️ The website feels cobbled together, what was the hurry? Why couldn’t she have waited until the New Year to gather decent content and not rehashed garble? It’s been a disaster.

Reactions: 8
I think the right thing to do on her part in terms of the comments defending her or saying ‘but she was pregnant’ would actually be for her to reply saying something along the lines of

‘it’s kind of you to weigh in for me however my behaviour in this instance was out of line and can’t be excused due to my pregnancy, I take full responsibility ... blah blah blah’

leaving them up and not responding makes it look like she agrees with it and shouldn’t be held accountable!

Reactions: 17
It really annoys me that her break coincided with her being pregnant. It was maternity leave, nothing else.

Reactions: 15
I messaged one of the illustrators she used in that post - they didn't ask permission and she had no idea her brand was being associated with HG. She knows she was racist and hasn't supported her content for years. If I was her, I'd call her out for using her content without permission. HG is a total disgrace.
One of the brands I messaged replied to me! This is what they said:

"Thank you so much for your message and for bringing this to our attention. Any posts on her new blog are not endorsed by us and we will not be working with her on any collaborations."

Please, if you have a spare few minutes, message the brands she is targeting and ask them not to gift her anything or work with her and that you as a customer will not support them if they do. It works.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I find it interesting that apart from a couple of pre-written blog posts Gemma hasn’t said anything.

Reactions: 4
The articles read like if you set a Year 10 group the task of writing a magazine. It's so infantile and insulting of them to think grown women with responsibilities, hobbies and just even a basic interest in the issues of society would be interested in this badly written fluff. Give me candles, but give me emerging black owned candle businesses. Give me midi skirts, but give me how ethical retailers exclude plus size. Putting a grown up angle on her overplayed topics isnt hard.
This is exactly it. When I was school, we had to write a piece in the style of a movie/tv/music review, and had to research typical phrases and words used etc. This blog is like that, it's written like a school project. It's embarrassing.

"Thank you so much for your message and for bringing this to our attention. Any posts on her new blog are not endorsed by us and we will not be working with her on any collaborations."

Please, if you have a spare few minutes, message the brands she is targeting and ask them not to gift her anything or work with her and that you as a customer will not support them if they do. It works.
Please say you messaged Aldi.

• Haha
Reactions: 10

I really wonder what she will do when the brand deals start to dry up. Has she ever explained why she needs childcare help from her dad when she "works" from home anyway? Or has she split up with Chris and moved out?

Reactions: 1
Comments are still limited and here we have a grid post of Hannah's gifted bed and gifted bedside tables... With comments like this pearler. Are people really likening her return to social media to Trump being kicked out the Whitehouse and a light at the end of the global pandemic tunnel? witch, please.

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Her writing hasn’t matured because she can’t seem to grow up! She lives in the past still thinks she’s 18 waiting for Thursday night to go to "The Pier" nightclub and have a VK in each hand and do a little slut drop to flo rida!! It’s actually so embarrassing!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Her writing hasn’t matured because she can’t seem to grow up! She lives in the past still thinks she’s 18 waiting for Thursday night to go to "The Pier" nightclub and have a VK in each hand and do a little slut drop to flo rida!! It’s actually so embarrassing!!!
the whole writing style is sooooo dated, it seems like she is just hanging onto the time when she had that minor success as a journalist with some buzzfeed esque list that trended as if she can somehow replicate that again. What did the other woman do before? She must be regretting this whole mess.

Reactions: 10
I really wonder what she will do when the brand deals start to dry up. Has she ever explained why she needs childcare help from her dad when she "works" from home anyway? Or has she split up with Chris and moved out?
I dont think thats fair really for working parents. Most normal people who work from home do need childcare if they have toddlers or babies at home. I couldnt work from home doing my job properly and watch my kids. I realise people have been doing it this year but in an ideal world for the most productivity unless you can do all your work once theyre in bed, kids in childcare is the best option.

Im not sure the content Hannah is putting out requires so much effort that childcare is required however. I too can eat cheesy lunches and take selfies while watching my two.

Reactions: 8
Funny how all the people in the comments defending her apology are white women!

i’m sure if the tables were turned and a slur was used against them they wouldn’t be so quick to forgive.

if only Hannah’s firsg apology wasn’t a victim statement then maybe people wouldn’t still be so angry.

Reactions: 11
I dont think thats fair really for working parents. Most normal people who work from home do need childcare if they have toddlers or babies at home. I couldnt work from home doing my job properly and watch my kids. I realise people have been doing it this year but in an ideal world for the most productivity unless you can do all your work once theyre in bed, kids in childcare is the best option.

Im not sure the content Hannah is putting out requires so much effort that childcare is required however. I too can eat cheesy lunches and take selfies while watching my two.
Yeh I agree, that was badly worded sorry, I meant as she does barely anything, those "articles" she writes must take minutes, I doubt she is working a standard 8 hour day (if she is I would be shocked this is what she manages to produce) . I totally get how someone really working would need help.

Reactions: 7
Comments are still limited and here we have a grid post of Hannah's gifted bed and gifted bedside tables... With comments like this pearler. Are people really likening her return to social media to Trump being kicked out the Whitehouse and a light at the end of the global pandemic tunnel? witch, please.
OH MY GOD, Hannah Gale- saviour of civilisation 🤣🤣🤣 this is too good!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.