Hannah Gale #13 Hannah Gale and the MaGiCaL nEw ChApTeR, Featuring As Few Children As Possible

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The BMJ would be more relevant to a medical student than the New Scientist!
It’s because they will never give her a PR gifted subscription.
Being a doctor is going to be such a shock - she’s going to have to pay for her own GMC, idemnity, royal college, membership, scrubs, stethoscopes and pens - limited aff link too

Reactions: 5
It’s because they will never give her a PR gifted subscription.
Being a doctor is going to be such a shock - she’s going to have to pay for her own GMC, idemnity, royal college, membership, scrubs, stethoscopes and pens - limited aff link too
She won’t make it to be a doctor. I firmly believe she will either drop out or fail. They’re very strict on pass marks and I don’t think she actually has the drive to work hard. She likes the idea of being a doctor but she isn’t cut out for the job

Reactions: 15
She is such a greasy egg. I wish she’d wash her hair. Surely when she looks in the mirror, she does not think ‘I look GREAT with my hair flat to my very round head’.

Reactions: 8
Isn’t smudging with white sage an indigenous practice… she’s giving ✨ cultural appropriation ✨
Absofuckinglutely. I think the general consensus is non-native people might 'cleanse' with sage, but smudging, as I understand it, is more than waving burning sage around and involves prayers and rituals etc.

ETA - I see she didn't actually use the term smudging but yeah, it's still seen massively as cultural appropriation by many native people.

Reactions: 1
It’s not as glamorous as she thinks. Interesting, but definitely not Grays anatomy! Plus you can get treated quite badly as a junior sometimes because you move onto a different job every 6months so you always feel at the bottom of the heap. I’m sure she’ll love getting verbally abused by the Friday night mob, or being called at 3 am to sort out a perineal abscess (top tip wear eye protection 👀)!
---
There are quite a few points that they can boot people out over the 5 years!
She won’t make it to be a doctor. I firmly believe she will either drop out or fail. They’re very strict on pass marks and I don’t think she actually has the drive to work hard. She likes the idea of being a doctor but she isn’t cut out for the job

Reactions: 4
It’s not as glamorous as she thinks. Interesting, but definitely not Grays anatomy! Plus you can get treated quite badly as a junior sometimes because you move onto a different job every 6months so you always feel at the bottom of the heap. I’m sure she’ll love getting verbally abused by the Friday night mob, or being called at 3 am to sort out a perineal abscess (top tip wear eye protection 👀)!
---
There are quite a few points that they can boot people out over the 5 years!
Someone here said earlier that Hannah will struggle with the academic stuff... I agree but I don't even think that'll be the problem. She won't survive placement.

Reactions: 7
Maybe it will finally wake her up to what a hard day’s work looks like. Hard graft, long hours and difficult decisions without social media sycophants constantly patting you on the back.

Does anyone remember a few years ago when she did a day in the life of a working mum blog post? It was awful and cringe - basically her eating snacks and going to Aldi with a bit of social media posting and photo editing in between. Obviously it completely backfired because parents with proper jobs responded saying this is barely work! It read like a parody.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Maybe it will finally wake her up to what a hard day’s work looks like. Hard graft, long hours and difficult decisions without social media sycophants constantly patting you on the back.

Does anyone remember a few years ago when she did a day in the life of a working mum blog post? It was awful and cringe - basically her eating snacks and going to Aldi with a bit of social media posting and photo editing in between. Obviously it completely backfired because parents with proper jobs responded saying this is barely work! It read like a parody.
I remember being particularly offended when she did this.

Reactions: 5
Maybe it's not aesthetic enough but I have a free Libby account via my local library (again, free) and I can download any and all New Scientists back as far as I can be bothered to scroll. She doesn't have to rush to the shop and part with her own money for it.
She won’t do this, even if it saves her money, because how can she take stupid photos of herself carrying it around and showing off how clever she is.

She isn’t going to become a dr. Like someone else said, she can’t hack it and is too lazy. She’s never had to endure a crappy job where you get abused and get no thanks for it. She’s definitely not going to endure it at 3am on a Sunday.

She will get so far and then there will be a self indulgent post about how she’s CHOSEN parenting over becoming a doctor because she’s just SUCH a good selfless mother. And idiots will pat her on the head for it. Thus, the self congratulatory cycle continues. Because don’t you know she absolutely COULD have been a doctor she just CHOSE to focus on her kids 🙄

Reactions: 15
She wants the qualification so she can be like Dr Alex from Love Island.

Reactions: 9

Yes I brought this up on the last thread and someone found it in the internet archive. It was unbelievable and she works even less hard now! She used to at least trot out a couple of poorly written blog posts a month.

She is in for a cold, hard shock when she starts training. My SIL is a GP and it's honestly unreal how poorly doctors are treated during training and once they start work.

Omg we are really scraping the barrel for content here aren't we
Looks decent in that photo though.
For some reason I like the glasses on her in that image, the hair is not scraped back completely, smile seems nice and genuine, outfit weeken-appropriate.

Looks decent in that photo though.
For some reason I like the glasses on her in that image, the hair is not scraped back completely, smile seems nice and genuine, outfit weeken-appropriate.
Just remember that underneath the table she’s probably wearing thigh cutting cream jeans or a floral muumuu or foreskin boots or a babein black thong with period stains or harem pants or a satin maxi skirt or brightly coloured joggers with a sparkly pink handbag and a copy of the new scientist and a lighter for an outdoor Jo malone candle or possibly all of the above?

• Haha
Reactions: 40
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.