Gypsy Rose Blanchard

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Even if the abuse “suited her” ( 🤢 ) that still doesn’t make it right. She was a child being medically abused by her own mother from a very young age. Whatever you think of her now as an adult and her involvement in the murder of Dee Dee, it was her mother who was in the wrong for putting her through all of that in the first place. Most adults struggle to break out of abusive relationships, which is what they had, so I’m not surprised that their story ended the way it did. I don’t agree with her being hailed a celebrity/influencer/whatever now that she’s free, and I don’t agree with her manipulation of the boy into committing the crime. She’s served her time though, and I’d much rather she got on with her life in private personally. It won’t happen though, she’ll be earning plenty for selling her story and we all know in this age of social media/reality TV that she’ll be rammed down our throats until the novelty wears off.

Reactions: 16
I’ve just watched the first two episodes of the latest documentary. I watched the act a few years ago and thought how crazy this whole thing was.

Do I think she has served her time and should be out? Yes.

Do I think she deserves the level of press, books, and tv shows? No. She should have had some time to process her new life in the real world and maybe come back in a few years and be an advocate/ambassador for MBP/factitious disorder.

Do I think the fiancé is weird? Most definitely. There is something strange about him

Reactions: 16
And now they have added a puppy to their family. Lets see how this goes-she specifically said it was too soon to have a baby, and so this is the closest thing to it.

Reactions: 6
I mean it just pisses me off that shes making a ton of money form being someone who basically killed someone and there's actually good people struggling

been seeing a few tiktoks of people saying she needs to be careful because she agreed she was a murderer basically and hence why shes on parole after 10 years she could get into trouble with her probation keep saying im not a murderer as she says she wasn't the one who stabbed her..

Reactions: 23
I know I asked this here before, but can anyone recommend a decent podcast on this whole case?

Not a podcast but Mommy Dead and Dearest is I think the original documentary about Gypsy. It has some police footage of interviews and interviews members of Gypsy's family. I haven't watched the new TV series yet.

Reactions: 5
Not a podcast but Mommy Dead and Dearest is I think the original documentary about Gypsy. It has some police footage of interviews and interviews members of Gypsy's family. I haven't watched the new TV series yet.
I can't even watch the last 2 episodes of the prisons confessions series. I just found her so... practiced. I just couldn't watch anymore.

Do we think Gypsy has a compensation claim against the medical professionals who “maybe” did unnecessary procedures against her based on Deedee’s word ?

Do we think Gypsy has a compensation claim against the medical professionals who “maybe” did unnecessary procedures against her based on Deedee’s word ?
I doubt it, she could try though. Medical litigation is huge in the US. She would run into problems though because a lot of diagnosis’ is done via clinical history, which, in children, is often provided by the parents or carer. Gypsy was told my DeeDee to act cognitively impaired so couldn’t provide her own history. As she was a child, she wasn’t complicit, but her mother was.
From what I’ve seen, her doctors haven’t done anything wrong.
In the UK, you MUST report suspected child abuse but I don’t know what the case is in the US and specifically in the states she was receiving medical care in. And even if it’s a necessity now, it might not have been at the time she was being treated.

Reactions: 1
I can't even watch the last 2 episodes of the prisons confessions series. I just found her so... practiced. I just couldn't watch anymore.
I agree, she expresses herself almost too well.

I’ve also noticed that whenever she get emotional and “cries”, there are no tears. Her eyes get a bit watery, but there are no tears. Isn’t that a sign it’s forced or is that an urban myth? Or did any of her procedures cause an inability to cry?

I don’t have any specific examples but some of what she says doesn’t add up to me. I’m also struggling to believe she got away with messaging Nick constantly via a phone and her mum’s laptop. Didn’t she describe DeeDee as a light sleeper the night Nick turned up to murder her? How did she sleep through all of Gypsy’s activities (i.e. texting, browsing the internet) during the night? And she apparently researched poison online. How would she know to cover her tracks so her mother wouldn’t find out?
---
I think what’s bothering me about the documentary is that the interviewers don’t question *anything*? There never seem to be any truly hard-hitting follow-up questions to her claims

Reactions: 13
This thread is wild.

Do people forget she was physically and mentally abused and essentially held captive from birth?

If someone who was abducted stabbed their captor, would there be this level of cynicism?

• Heart
Reactions: 12
This thread is wild.

Do people forget she was physically and mentally abused and essentially held captive from birth?

If someone who was abducted stabbed their captor, would there be this level of cynicism?
This is a gossip thread babes. We gossip. The abuser is dead and therefore, other than medical records, we only have Gypsy's word to go on. Some of us don't believe she's telling the whole truth because, as per her words, even her lawyers don't know the whole truth.

Reactions: 24
This is the problem with her exposing herself so much though…

What doesn’t sit right with me is that she is virtually being celebrated for her actions

But ok, maybe I took it too far, I’m sorry

Reactions: 7
This thread is wild.

I agree with you, I view it as she had no other option and it was self defense. But people can disagree and post what they think too.

Reactions: 8
This is a gossip thread babes. We gossip. The abuser is dead and therefore, other than medical records, we only have Gypsy's word to go on. Some of us don't believe she's telling the whole truth because, as per her words, even her lawyers don't know the whole truth.
You don't just have her word though babe, there's quite a lot of evidence out there documenting her abuse.
---
I agree with you, I view it as she had no other option and it was self defense. But people can disagree and post what they think too.
Absolutely people can post what they like.

I think she 100% would've been killed by deedee if she hadn't done what she did.

Reactions: 8
You don't just have her word though babe, there's quite a lot of evidence out there documenting her abuse.
Okay? I'm not denying she was abused?
---
If she'd done it herself, I'd agree with you. But she didn't. And she could have. She was very capable. Deedee was knocked out heavy most nights. She didn't need to manipulate somebody else into doing it for her. And that is what she did. You only have to read their message exchanges to see that.

Last edited:
Reactions: 14