Gypsy Rose Blanchard

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thanks for the recap, I have actually watched the show in its entirety.

It still makes absolutely no sense to me that she could run away to be with the boy she was seeing, but couldn’t run away to a place of safety. She had no problem stealing money from her mother’s safe (I think it was a thousand dollars) to fund this attempt to run away so she could be with this ‘boyfriend’ yet she couldn’t go to a motel or call the cops or a lawyer etc! Or even her father or stepmother.

I’m sorry but I’d have been telling anyone I could and focussing my attention on hatching a plan to run away to safety, not to run away to have sex with boys I hardly know.

She also had no problem meeting up with Nick at the cinema, to “lose her virginity to him” whilst her mother was sat watching the movie! Come on, it’s ridiculous!! Something is really off about this whole thing and as a survivor of child abuse, I really want to be able to understand her choice of actions and to champion her freedom, but all things considered (the things that came from her own mouth during the Prison Confessions doc), I just can’t!

Something is suss. She was the one who set it up and sent him a video of her walking through the place and seemingly took great delight in standing over her mother's bed and stabbing with an imaginary knife (something that even shocked the defence who had no idea of it's existence) She also shot her mother eight times with a BB gun...it was in Dee Dee's medical records but she claimed it was an accident when she went to get it treated. There were also other guys she was talking to apart from Nick.

I don't think we will ever know the full story because out of the three who know what happened, one is dead, one is in prison and the other seems to be hooked on attention which makes me side-eye a lot of what she is now claiming and what she has said before.

Reactions: 24
There’s a support page of Nick on fb, came across it when I googled them. There’s a video of gypsy on webcam to him and it’s titled gypsy manipulating Nick if he doesn’t do as demona says she will take gypsy a way from him. I’d post the link but I’m not sure what the rules are on here

• Wow
Reactions: 5
I’m not sure if it’s been mentioned here. But take a look at “The Goodwives Network” on FB & Insta they used to work along side Gypsy and are disproving and exposing an awful lot about her “story””
Can you link us please?
---
There’s a support page of Nick on fb, came across it when I googled them. There’s a video of gypsy on webcam to him and it’s titled gypsy manipulating Nick if he doesn’t do as demona says she will take gypsy a way from him. I’d post the link but I’m not sure what the rules are on here
If they don’t want the link posted they will remove it 😊
Give it a try

Sometimes the way she says things sounds like parroting to me. Like when she almost cheerfully said “murder is wrong!” on the View. I do wonder how much of it she believes and how much she’s saying just to appease people.
Yes yes and yes, this is exactly how I feel. It’s like she is reciting a poem. She sounds fake to me

Reactions: 6
I said it upthread but she learned from an expert 🤷‍♀️ That clip doesn't surprise me at all.

Not sure how DeeDee never heard that though. Their house was tiny and they often slept in the same bed. She must have been a deep sleeper. (Maybe why she probably never heard Godejohn coming on the night of the murder either).

Reactions: 4
Need to read previous pages on this thread but here are my two cents.

What her mother did to her was awful. However, what her boyfriend did to her mother an Gypsy’s part in it were also awful. I disagree with championing/making a celebrity out of someone convicted of such a serious crime...

Something about her making money out of the situation just doesn’t sit right with me. She needs an income of course but tv interviews? Books? Instagram? It’s all a little bizarre to me.

(Unpopular opinion maybe?)

Reactions: 15
Thanks for the recap, I have actually watched the show in its entirety.

It still makes absolutely no sense to me that she could run away to be with the boy she was seeing, but couldn’t run away to a place of safety. She had no problem stealing money from her mother’s safe (I think it was a thousand dollars) to fund this attempt to run away so she could be with this ‘boyfriend’ yet she couldn’t go to a motel or call the cops or a lawyer etc! Or even her father or stepmother.

I’m sorry but I’d have been telling anyone I could and focussing my attention on hatching a plan to run away to safety, not to run away to have sex with boys I hardly know.

She also had no problem meeting up with Nick at the cinema, to “lose her virginity to him” whilst her mother was sat watching the movie! Come on, it’s ridiculous!! Something is really off about this whole thing and as a survivor of child abuse, I really want to be able to understand her choice of actions and to champion her freedom, but all things considered (the things that came from her own mouth during the Prison Confessions doc), I just can’t!
Its a fascinating and tragic story. I havent seen The Act, only the Mommie Dearest documentary, and the first 2 episodes of her Prison Confessions And there seem to be differences in how the story is perceived or told?

I think Gypsy had such a dysfunctional childhood, she is going to be in therapy for the rest of her life, she obviously has very little understanding of concepts like truth or lies, or the differences between facts and fiction. Her mother manipulated and controlled her so completely and Gypsy knew nothing else. I also think that there isnt much money in the family, and to some extent, Gypsy sadly needs to do this publicity stuff to fund her continuing treatment and support.

She is a great example of the whole Fight, Flight or Freeze kind of psychological thing. Where she was so confused/or badly educated or frightened she spent most of her life Frozen into inaction. She was so isolated, who is she meant to trust? She didnt go to school, had no friends her own age, and no close relatives she saw, apart from her mum. Who was she meant to trust, who was she meant to run away to?

In the Mommie Dearest, documentary, they had comments from her, from the trial I think? that meeting Nick at the Cinema was a disaster, and they barely had a chance to speak to each other. Something about meeting up at a showing of Cinderella, and Nick looking extremely weird and standing out, as a single man at a teenage girly movie. They did go into the toilets together, but .....it wasnt a great success!

I do feel very sorry for Nick, and hope that he gets some kind of retrial, as its not fair that he is still in prison, but she isnt. Gypsy is of course guilty and complicit in the murder of her mother. But she came across in interviews as a irresponsible child, who had no understanding of the effects of her actions. And she was under considerable stress and pressure- Her mother abused her for years.

She is an odd creature....and not necessarily coming across that well in this reality show style format... but I do feel sorry for her. She was too compliant and well behaved as a child, to be able to cope with the conflict generated with her mum, as she became as a teenager desperate for a boyfriend/relationship, adult life.
She never had any money of her own, or 'street' skills of knowing how to cope on her own. knowing who to trust, etc

Reactions: 10
She refused therapy in prison apparently. I feel like that should have been non negotiable considering therapy is now a parole requirement. She had, what is it, 8 years to be in there working on herself? Sounds like all she's done is wrap herself up in fantasy land with numerous men. Again.

Reactions: 14
This whole thing, her early life, her crime, and her post release celebrity is all fascinating to me because it’s all so part of a grey area and there are no easy answers.

I get why people make jokes about celebrating her release and stuff and I think she does have the potential to do good, but people always take things too far. Putting her on a genuine pedestal is wrong. I honestly can’t help but like her and I’m rooting for her but at the same time I’m extremely aware of her history and how much of her charm is just that. Superficial charm.

Reactions: 7
I’ve just finished watching the two parts of the prison confessions.

she seems to contradict herself a lot. She seems to remember a lot but then when doctors question stuff she claims she can’t remember or it didn’t happen 🙃 which is ironic. She also mentioned a time when she was really close to her mum when child services came round, yet then she says she knew what her mum was doing 🥴

I’m really not taking away any abuse but I do think it all suited her until it seems things seemed to catch up with them both and I don’t know, maybe she didn’t wanna get in trouble so she’s done what she can to purely pin it on her mum. There’s no denying she knew what her mum was doing 🥴 end of the day, we will never truly know cause her mum isn’t here to give her say on things. I do think her mother was tit but I don’t think gypsy is completely innocent either

also it was very awkward when she accused the grandad of sexual abuse and he denied it and then said gypsy tried to touch him. Then it never got mentioned again as if it wasn’t a very serious allegation 👀

the whole thing just feels very crazy to me

Reactions: 12
I’ve worked with many abuse (sexual/physical/emotional) survivors. Many have false/confused memories, will accept behaviour that they see as ‘normal’ as it is what they have been subjected to day in and day out and have trauma bonding with others. In Gypsy’s case - she would have trauma bonding with Dee Dee as on the surface they went through her ‘illnesses’ together. I am not surprised she contradicts herself.

• Sad
Reactions: 15
At least she's now done a video talking about Munchausen (or FII). I feel like if she wants to be in the public eye, it should be for this, and not for touting herself around talk shows and talking about her sex life with her husband.

Reactions: 7