Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

DipsyDoodle

VIP Member
What about her husband? Maybe I'm wrong, but I feel like someone who wrote to a notorious child abuse victim in prison and then ended up dating and marrying her may not be the best person for her to be with 😬

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 77

Asterix

I'm gonna say it, I foresee a slo-mo car crash from the way she's come (literally) out of the gate.

Reactions: 53

wthamidoinghere

VIP Member
I think she's a master manipulator who learned from the best and I wouldn't trust her to babysit an egg, let alone have a child of her own.

Unfortunately, and people can say I'm horrible, some traumas are too deeply ingrained and that woman still thinks she's a make a wish kid. God, I hope all this talk of babies is just fluff, I really do.

• Heart
Reactions: 46

DipsyDoodle

VIP Member
Oooh good thread! I'm pleased that she's out, however a bit concerned that she's throwing herself into the spotlight so quickly (straight on Instagram/TikTok, book coming out soon etc). No doubt she'll be doing the rounds of all the US talk shows, but I feel like she could probably do with quietly getting on with her life, learning how to live. She went from being held by her mother straight into prison, so she has basically been imprisoned all her life.

Reactions: 41

RinsedHoops

Chatty Member
Mixed feelings on Gypsy. I'm one of the people who believed it was right that she go to prison- she was a victim and a perpetrator.
I also think it's right she is now released. But she has no life skills, doesn't know how to properly conduct herself online, I don't think she's been well advised when it comes to her relationship and obviously wants to cash in, which is possibly understandable (how else can she make money?), but leaves her open to a lot of negative attention I think she's too fragile to manage.

Reactions: 41

ChubClubThug

VIP Member
Maybe she's more like her mother who she hated, than what she thinks. She seems to have slipped into the same role of manipulator, attention seeker and money grabber all too easily.

Yes what she has been through is horrific, it has bound to have messed her mind up in ways I can only imagine, but she's not the only one who has suffered in this way. Plenty of people are abused beyond belief, and hurt by those they're supposed to trust. But they don't go and murder and then continually milk the sordid story for every last drop. She didn't give a shit about that guy who she manipulated into killing her mother. She was enjoying the male attention he gave her, and wanted her jailer out the way.

She was used to getting a lot of attention and money through her jailer mother and her fake illness. Seems like she's not ready to give that up yet.

Reactions: 40

DipsyDoodle

VIP Member
I'm glad she is out of jail.

I am very skeptical of her husband. I assume he contacted her and married her while she was in prison? She came across so damaged and childlike in the documentaries I saw about her before - Why would someone want to get romantically involved with her at that time in her life?

And now she's going straight from prison to the public eye, with no time to just learn to live as a healthy normal adult with a regular life. This could go very wrong.
Apparently her now husband wrote to her during 2020 when his mate talked about writing to Joe Exotic, and between them they agreed that if his mate wrote to Joe, he'd write to Gypsy 😬 they started a relationship and got married in prison.

Is it really awful of me to say I hope she doesn't get pregnant any time soon? I believe she needs to learn how to just be herself. She's never even lived with a man before, growing up it was just her and DeeDee, then into prison, and now straight into married life. It all just feels like she's throwing herself into everything when all she needs is a quiet life and lots of therapy.

• Sad
Reactions: 38

onservantannie

Chatty Member
It’s undoubtedly awful the way her mother treated her but I just find it astounding that she couldn’t signal for help from authorities or another person, yet manages to source and convince someone to kill the mother

• Heart
Reactions: 34

MsPelzer

The husband picked her up from prison in a car with the license plate HITMAN
---
The more I hear/see of her I suspect she was in on it with the mum. She was in a wheelchair yet would stay with her dad and had no mobility issues. Same with the feeding tube. When she was with him she ate normally. Which does lead me to question why he didn't speak up.

She had internet profiles, had online relationships, met a guy in the mall for sex, ran away from home multiple times....

I really dislike the celebrity status she has. Shes a murderer ffs. Why didn't she at age 23 just go stay with her dad????
---
It's like a train wreck though. I can't just look away

Last edited:
Reactions: 33
She is a very dangerous and manipulative person imo. A friend of mine suffered terrible abuse at the hands of her mother, however she turned out to be a well rounded, kind adult in the end. I do believe that Gypsy seems to be given a free pass by some because of her childhood. I also think Godejohn was manipulated into saving her and then thrown under the bus. I am no way condoning what Godejohn did but feel that Gypsys innocent act got her off lightly.

Reactions: 32

Bob93

Chatty Member
I am struggling with the idea of her being in the public eye, on social media and doing the series and interviews etc.

I'm one of the people who thinks she was very much a victim and had a terrible time, and IF there was ever going to be mitigating circumstances for getting someone to kill your mother, her case and the original story given is probably as close to it as you could reasonably get.

However, I think this means she should do her time, which she has, and get out to be able to rebuild her life, in peace and quiet and live like a normal person.

I don't think it means she should be able to come out and become some sort of weird celebrity figure, capitalising on a murder that she orchestrated? It's very odd to see.

Reactions: 31

Anna Delvey

VIP Member
How many kids get abused daily? They don’t go on to plan the murder of their abuser and go ahead with it.

we should not be making this girl a celeb it’s fucking wrong.

DipsyDoodle

VIP Member

"As much as I have resisted the public role, it keeps finding me" oh so you accidentally ended up on talk shows, podcasts, and plugging a TLC show about women who marry US inmates?

I feel sorry for what she's been through, but I think she is reverting to the attention seeking behaviour that she learned from DeeDee during her childhood. I know that's not her fault, but her husband and family should be protecting her better.

Bob93

Chatty Member
I'm glad she is out of jail.

I am very skeptical of her husband. I assume he contacted her and married her while she was in prison? She came across so damaged and childlike in the documentaries I saw about her before - Why would someone want to get romantically involved with her at that time in her life?

And now she's going straight from prison to the public eye, with no time to just learn to live as a healthy normal adult with a regular life. This could go very wrong.

Reactions: 30

Impleo

VIP Member
I feel very uncomfortable about it all. I know it was her abuser who was killed but it was premeditated by Gypsy and she manipulated someone else into doing it. She's been dealt a shit hand in life but so have others and they don't premeditate murder

Reactions: 30