Gruffudd & Alice Evans #218 Mr Gruffudd loves his children very, very much

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Foster care would offer more stability than staying with Alice. They wpuld no longer be walking on eggshells and living with her anger and social media obsession.

Reactions: 12
I'm glad that Bianca is no longer hiding her light under a bushel. She is young, she deserves to live her life without having to worry about the crazy antics of her partner's ex-wife. That is no way to live.

Reactions: 55
Bianca is just pure class, Alice is just all arse.
This is great, really made me smile 😄 I don’t remember either Alice or Ioan ever posting something so affectionately jokey about each other. Alice’s posts were dressed up as self-depreciating jokes but were always just veiled put-downs.

Reactions: 37
I wonder if he hadn’t gone to Australia and everywhere else if they’d still be together or if they’d be another “lightbulb” moment where he’d have gone “ENOUGH”… something I think yeah, other times I think he’d still be trapped there.

The job was clearly the best thing to happen to him on that score, even if it did unleash the hellmouth. He had to get his oxygen mask on first… I just hope there’s a hope for reconciliation further down the line for him and the girls. Especially as they mature, get jobs, go to college / Uni etc and surround themselves with “normal” people and particularly, children whose parents are also divorced and still see their other parent.
---

Same, except not with drink as teetotal but when I’m in a manic episode 🙈😭🤣

The random stuff that turns up sometimes is…bizarre 🤣 Usually involves stuff for the cats 😆
When I’ve had a drink I usually buy random musical instruments. 😬 My kalimba playing is getting quite good though. 😳

• Haha
Reactions: 34
I’ve always thought the time away gave him the chance to breathe and reflect.

What does surprise me is the lack of family visits.

I’ve worked with lots of people who do long overseas contracts and families normally come out several times a year.

He was on ok money for Harrow so it should have been the norm. My guess is Alice got sloppy and lazy drunk and couldn’t be bothered with the effort and he didn’t push it.
The one thing that I dislike is how how slow (IMO) Ioan has been in tackling the alienation. I am not sure if this is actually due to Anne K's advice (and she delayed a lot on the Brad Pitt case too, until the PA was pretty much solid) or due to Ioan's caution/fear or whether he was angry and did not want to engage. We will never know. But over 3 years alienation is a very very very long time in the life of any child. From 11-14 children literally undergo the most complex changes they ever will and move from children to young adults. It is an absolutely crucial time in emotional development (other than the 3-7 year old time). Alice at this time was totally drunk often, on video and going nuts on Twitter. I understand he could not come in and take his children, but he was far far too weak/sympathetic in this time. The absolute length of time she was able to prevent him seeing the girls and the girls insane behaviour (running away, refusing to visit) was huge. And during that time he was working less and therefor available to see the girls more.And all it would do is reinforce Alice's narratives that their father doesn't care - "Girls, would I lie to you? Have I ever? Your father doesn't want to see you - he hasn't even phoned you for xxx weeks. would NEVER do that - I would phone you every day - I have never left you to sleep without checking you are breathing, how could I leave you for even a day?"
I feel incredibly sorry for Ioan, but don't think the Bianca relationship helped. I understand he needs to be happy too, but this is a situation which is hugely complex. A normal family would have been able to navigate a new partner, had it been sensitively planned, but Ioan did not even let his girls know he was dating. It's just such a duck up, and I honestly can't see how it will get better. Hopefully, the reunification will help and he can move to Australia or UK with the girls, but if it doesn't, well I hope that he and Bianca are able to have a long and happy life together. Otherwise everything is for tit.

Reactions: 18
BIB I grew up in a grossly abusive household who stayed together because my Mom was too scared to leave my dad. I honestly thought it was normal until 15, in an art class with one of my other friends who was also abused by her dad. We were talking about how they were arseholes, things they had done to our mom etc. And honestly we believed it was normal as both our Moms were the same and said the same things - and they were abused. One of the other girls was horrified. She said to us, "Is that what you think of your parents and your dad?". We both said yes. She was quiet for a moment and then said "I am so sorry for you. I have the most amazing Mom and Dad and me and my brother just love spending time with them every day. They are our best friends". We were literally stunned into silence when the rest of the class said "Yup us too". The Art Teacher was amazing, she arranging counselling for both of us.
Crazy when you realise isn’t it? What’s normal and what definitely isn’t…then it’s like a whole reprogramming but the effects of being around abusive people / in abusive relationships stay with you for a long time.

Certainly with me, the effects of what my daughters Dad did to me have stayed with me…don’t like sudden loud noises. Can’t have my phone on ring at all ( he used to call constantly - he was at sea a lot and needed to know my whereabouts 24/7. Then when we split he’d call and leave abusive messages so I just turned my phone off ring and unless I’m expecting a call I never have it on). There’s loads of other small things that will stay with me forever…Just little things like that, when you look back and the penny drops - I was very young when I got with him ( he was 9 years older ) so I thought all relationships were like this. Even the violence. Because he was my first “serious” boyfriend, extremely naive and very easy to control very very quickly. Young minds are so impressionable…

I don’t know if that penny will drop for the girls - I really hope so. But I don’t think it’ll happen for years. At least though, that no matter how much time passes, we can be pretty much 100% sure that Ioan will welcome them back to him with open arms.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 27
One of the things that shocks me most about Alice is her financial recklessness.

I’m not much younger than her but don’t have dependent children and own my own home.

I’m not someone who is terribly smart with money but have a decently paid professional career and can get well-paid ad hoc consultancy work.

In recent years I have thought about my pension, my future and security in a way I never did in my thirties and forties.

The idea of short-term rentals and housing insecurity wasn’t a problem a decade ago but would be now. That’s without kids and schools to worry about.

Her fecklessness, when she has serious parental responsibilities, upsets me as much as her meanness and batshittery.
Ioan was Alice's pension plan!

Reactions: 29
It ruined their plans that the video didn’t end up on here I think. Surprised they didn’t make an account and load it themselves as they use to do these things back in the day, like doxx people on here with newly made accounts. Perhaps they can’t register an account atm.

Reactions: 19
It ruined their plans that the video didn’t end up on here I think. Surprised they didn’t make an account and load it themselves as they use to do these things back in the day, like doxx people on here with newly made accounts. Perhaps they can’t register an account atm.
Tattle is closed to new accounts just now. Remember when we had some new (and suspect) accounts recently? It’s been closed to newbies since then. Always wondered if those were Tattle alt accounts.

Reactions: 18
This is the dead giveaway that the account was Alice for me….

D43B0E39-F599-48BF-BC5D-FE88A2EF7B96.jpeg

B4CE3144-5BFB-4DCA-9EA9-961ED68ACBDB.jpeg

This is exactly what she did when they went to New York for work. She posted pic after pic of her with Ioan on her official Twitter account.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 56
duck meeeee! I cannot believe that mAlice leaked the video, I hope she faces the consequences of this. For someone who has just "apparently" had a door slammed on her, she seems pretty fine to me... having been slammed into a door myself, I was not up and walking about! Ioan is even saying, she didn't slam the door on you.
Right going back to the old thread, to read the previous few pages. I'd screen shot this, because I don't think I've seen it before, which now pales into insignificance after the fact that they posted that video. I'm dumbstruck 😔
Alice was closing in on 40 when she signed the prenup multiple times, how can a woman of that age not know what she is signing. Of course she knew.

Last edited:
Reactions: 44
Alice was closing in on 40 when she signed the prenup multiple times, how can a woman of that age know what she is signing. Of course she knew.
She had $13 in her account and thought he was the next James Bond. She had trauma bonded him and thought she was set for life.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
The one thing that I dislike is how how slow (IMO) Ioan has been in tackling the alienation. I am not sure if this is actually due to Anne K's advice (and she delayed a lot on the Brad Pitt case too, until the PA was pretty much solid) or due to Ioan's caution/fear or whether he was angry and did not want to engage. We will never know. But over 3 years alienation is a very very very long time in the life of any child. From 11-14 children literally undergo the most complex changes they ever will and move from children to young adults. It is an absolutely crucial time in emotional development (other than the 3-7 year old time). Alice at this time was totally drunk often, on video and going nuts on Twitter. I understand he could not come in and take his children, but he was far far too weak/sympathetic in this time. The absolute length of time she was able to prevent him seeing the girls and the girls insane behaviour (running away, refusing to visit) was huge. And during that time he was working less and therefor available to see the girls more.And all it would do is reinforce Alice's narratives that their father doesn't care - "Girls, would I lie to you? Have I ever? Your father doesn't want to see you - he hasn't even phoned you for xxx weeks. would NEVER do that - I would phone you every day - I have never left you to sleep without checking you are breathing, how could I leave you for even a day?"
I feel incredibly sorry for Ioan, but don't think the Bianca relationship helped. I understand he needs to be happy too, but this is a situation which is hugely complex. A normal family would have been able to navigate a new partner, had it been sensitively planned, but Ioan did not even let his girls know he was dating. It's just such a duck up, and I honestly can't see how it will get better. Hopefully, the reunification will help and he can move to Australia or UK with the girls, but if it doesn't, well I hope that he and Bianca are able to have a long and happy life together. Otherwise everything is for tit.
I remember Ioan trying to talk to the girls about Bee. Something that Al was furious about :unsure: Am I imagining things?

Reactions: 9
Ioan has Anne only since last year. His previous lawyer ran the same strategy, the strategy every lawyer would run because aggresive litigation usually backfires on child custody matters as it usually gets weaponised.

Now with the benefit of hindsight Ioan knows that Alice managed to manipulate the kids even with his very soft approach, and he also knows that Alice would never settle on anything. with that knowledge it's possible that his team would have opted to be more aggresive, but again, they didnt anticipated it, and even if they did it isn't necessarily better.

I continue to disagree about the relationship aspect, because I saw the video of Ella acting out in his apartment in spring 2021 and we saw already that she was generally impossible to deal with at that point in his court submissions. Bianca has nothing to do with this IMO. It didnt made it easier of course. But Alice would have continued to sabotage his relationship to the kids regardless of her. The only wildcard is Elsie (since she happily went to his place before France), but I strongly suspect had Ioan returned as a single to LA back then from France Alice would have withholded her as a punishment for still not coming back. In fact, IIRC Alice claimed at one point that Elsie only went to him (aka she allowed it) because she thought it would bring him back.

I remember Ioan trying to talk to the girls about Bee. Something that Al was furious about :unsure: Am I imagining things?
yeah, she was furious when a few weeks after the reveal he talked to Elsie and mentioned what he did with Bianca today.

Not only was the reveal taken off his hands by Alice, he also wasnt allowed to then normalize the fact that he has a girlfriend either.

• Heart
Reactions: 47
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.