Gruffudd & Alice Evans #218 Mr Gruffudd loves his children very, very much

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can you imagine being the foster family? Eeek. I think the only way re-housing could maybe succeed is if they live with the family of a friend, with whom they already have a positive relationship. Who knows if those people even exist or would be interested in taking on that burden?

To repeat myself from earlier, I think Alice will retain primary physical custody - hopefully with mandatory therapy requirements - and Ioan will share legal custody and have visitation.

Alice may well see this as "winning", but the power balance shifts to the kids. Every time mom does or says something they don't like, "I'm going to go live with dad!" (Of course they'd hate that too. There are no winners in this game.)
It's sad really that she probably will get primary physical custody even though she absolutely does not deserve it but what is the alternative?

Can't see them going to IG full time, the reunification therapy isn't going to work miracles and they would only keep running off back to Alice anyway.

It's a lose lose for IG because he either gives up on his kids and they hate him or he fights for his kids and they still hate him. I honestly think they are lost to him now and maybe in future he can build a relationship with him but it won't be easy until they can see what Alice has done.

Edited to add I don't think he should give up on them, far from it! He should fight for them as much as he can, at least in years to come they can look back and realise he tried so hard.

• Sad
Reactions: 20
It's sad really that she probably will get primary physical custody even though she absolutely does not deserve it but what is the alternative?

Can't see them going to IG full time, the reunification therapy isn't going to work miracles and they would only keep running off back to Alice anyway.

It's a lose lose for IG because he either gives up on his kids and they hate him or he fights for his kids and they still hate him. I honestly think they are lost to him now and maybe in future he can build a relationship with him but it won't be easy until they can see what Alice has done.
I'm still going to pick the corner where the kids will be medicated into compliance. After that video release, it seems more likely than ever.

It is for their own safety and health. Alice is not capable and their dad is a functioning adult.

• Wow
Reactions: 8
The judge isn’t going to leave kids with a parent that abuses them. Foster care is better than abuse imo.

Reactions: 9
I just hope there’s a hope for reconciliation further down the line for him and the girls. Especially as they mature, get jobs, go to college / Uni etc and surround themselves with “normal” people and particularly, children whose parents are also divorced and still see their other parent.
BIB I grew up in a grossly abusive household who stayed together because my Mom was too scared to leave my dad. I honestly thought it was normal until 15, in an art class with one of my other friends who was also abused by her dad. We were talking about how they were arseholes, things they had done to our mom etc. And honestly we believed it was normal as both our Moms were the same and said the same things - and they were abused. One of the other girls was horrified. She said to us, "Is that what you think of your parents and your dad?". We both said yes. She was quiet for a moment and then said "I am so sorry for you. I have the most amazing Mom and Dad and me and my brother just love spending time with them every day. They are our best friends". We were literally stunned into silence when the rest of the class said "Yup us too". The Art Teacher was amazing, she arranging counselling for both of us.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 51
I'm still going to pick the corner where the kids will be medicated into compliance. After that video release, it seems more likely than ever.

It is for their own safety and health. Alice is not capable and their dad is a functioning adult.
Oh I fully agree Alice is not capable of raising those kids, I just don't see a situation where they will be removed from her (not full time anyway).

Reactions: 7
@Hiraeth, when do we get to see Alice's witness list? Is it only before the custody trial? And could Ioan also put in new witness?
---

If the girls are removed from Alice, there will be tit ton of socks and dubious characters like Loopy, Robbie Harvey and his ilk going batshit and trying to cancel Ioan. But the only thing that happens if Ioan is cancelled is Alice can't afford to live. So yeah, Alice, I know you are not a strategic thinker, but if the kids are removed from you, loads of people are going to believe there is a reason why, so you, Alice, will be cancelled alongside Ioan. Ioan will probably move to Australia with the girls. Alice, Home Depot is your best friend long term. Because Loopy, your loyal, loving friends who have been so amazing and your FM's are clearly not going to support you more than $5,524.
One of the things that shocks me most about Alice is her financial recklessness.

I’m not much younger than her but don’t have dependent children and own my own home.

I’m not someone who is terribly smart with money but have a decently paid professional career and can get well-paid ad hoc consultancy work.

In recent years I have thought about my pension, my future and security in a way I never did in my thirties and forties.

The idea of short-term rentals and housing insecurity wasn’t a problem a decade ago but would be now. That’s without kids and schools to worry about.

Her fecklessness, when she has serious parental responsibilities, upsets me as much as her meanness and batshittery.

Reactions: 46
btw what does everyone think about Bianca's (I suspect it's her, but it's generally hard to attribute the voices, it actually sounded like the same voice that said "my god/dog" but it definitely wasnt said by Ella). "Close the door completely" maybe?
@welp This one should have a working link to the CHRO filing.

All, please download this instead. And I was very remiss in not thanking @sweetnessfollows and @ButterTart and others who have purchased these documents for us! Thank you, you are awesome!! đź’śđź’ś
now I cannot open anything :ROFLMAO:

I’ve always thought the time away gave him the chance to breathe and reflect.

What does surprise me is the lack of family visits.

I’ve worked with lots of people who do long overseas contracts and families normally come out several times a year.

He was on ok money for Harrow so it should have been the norm. My guess is Alice got sloppy and lazy drunk and couldn’t be bothered with the effort and he didn’t push it.
apparently he was allowed to take a week off on every project he did. Sometimes he used it to travel back to LA, sometimes he flew his family in for two weeks (basically spend his free week with them and then they visited him on set the 2nd week)

I suspect it's far easier when you have either a lot of money to pay tutors or if the kids are small enough for longer trips.

Reactions: 11
I was the one who questioned yesterday why Alice didn't release a clip of Ella getting slammed in a door, since she is so adamant it happened. The clip she has posted ain't it.

Two things I did notice - Ella is clearly hyperventilating, which isn't surprising given the food carnage that's just occurred. And I was surprised that although she has lived in the US all her life, she doesn't have an American accent. She must spend a significant amount of time around people with English accents. Maybe that's a result of extended home schooling.

Having said all that, was it 'worth it' to have that clip posted. Nah, it's pointless innit? Doesn't show anything resembling what that poor girl alleged, only that her adrenaline level must have been through the roof and her father remained calm in the face of his child's emotional outburst.

So blame me if you like for being subjected to that peculiar video.:rolleyes:
I totally felt Ella having an English accent is indicative of not being in school or with American friends. She was born in the US and should be speaking with an American accent and it’s disturbing that she’s not. It’s another sign of how isolated she is or how like Alice she’s being moulded to be

• Sad
Reactions: 51
My uncle did this many years ago. He let his girls know he was there for them if they needed him and obviously paid for them but then stepped back. It was hard but every person has their own life and has to live it, a parent is still an individual as I saw with my own and he cannot (and is not) going by how happy he looks, just dragging around in a cloud of misery because of this situation. He didn’t create it so why should he? He’s with a lovely woman and has to look ahead, to his work and what he’s now going to do. Probably, as A has poisoned the girls, the best thing he can do is let it be known he is there but not force or expect anything and wait. The fault is all that malignant slug and it’ll come back on her tenfold over time.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 32
I totally felt Ella having an English accent is indicative of not being in school or with American friends. She was born in the US and should be speaking with an American accent and it’s disturbing that she’s not. It’s another sign of how isolated she is or how like Alice she’s being moulded to be
The accent was INCREDIBLY weird for an American child

Reactions: 35
btw what does everyone think about Bianca's (I suspect it's her, but it's generally hard to attribute the voices, it actually sounded like the same voice that said "my god/dog" but it definitely wasnt said by Ella). "Close the door completely" maybe?

now I cannot open anything :ROFLMAO:

apparently he was allowed to take a week off on every project he did. Sometimes he used it to travel back to LA, sometimes he flew his family in for two weeks (basically spend his free week with them and then they visited him on set the 2nd week)

I suspect it's far easier when you have either a lot of money to pay tutors or if the kids are small enough for longer trips.
I think it sounds like Ella saying oh my god. …no.

Reactions: 4
Yes!! That is so weird!!

Emily Blunt talks about how quickly her kids' accents change, just from wherever she and John are fiming.

Reactions: 14
I totally felt Ella having an English accent is indicative of not being in school or with American friends. She was born in the US and should be speaking with an American accent and it’s disturbing that she’s not. It’s another sign of how isolated she is or how like Alice, she’s being moulded to be
Yes, my youngest daughter came to the USA with a strong Scottish accent, and within a couple of years, everyone thought she had been born locally. My eldest two also had thick Scottish accents, and although it took longer for them, they also sound American, but they sound more mid-Atlantic. I am English; Dad is Scottish. Ella has lived here all her life!

Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.