Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

StephenTJackson

VIP Member
The catch up with the bakers always makes me emotional, and then I've just totally gone with the ending dedication to Luis! 😭😭

• Heart
Reactions: 15

StephenTJackson

VIP Member
Mel and Sue were good. Been watching old series of Bake off and they really did add something to the show.
I think Noel and Sandi, now Matt are all a bit too focused on making jokes and being quirky and funny. They forgot to actually give a shit, and there isn't that bit of heart, that bit of warmth you always got from Mel and Sue. I know they weren't everyone's cup of tea, but they just had that bit of heart that was needed when a baker was having a bad bake.

• Heart

Droosie123

VIP Member
Seen Laura crying about trolls and hate online again. I personally haven't seen any personal comments, everything is just related to how she shouldn't have made it to the final. 🙄 I find her so jarring

There was some horrific stuff on Twitter last night and she's also had some very nasty DMs.
I know this as I spoke to her Mum about it this morning (I don't know Laura).

The stuff on Twitter was horrible.

It was beyond (far beyond) saying she should have gone home.

So yes she's experiencing online bullying and some nasty trolls. ...same as every year that someone goes through by surprise.

People forget there's a human being on the other end...it's nasty.

• Sad

Tippingpoint23

VIP Member
Laura has become more likeable as the series goes on, they all have in a way because they get more comfortable with everything and aren't as rabbit in headlights.

She is clumsy and I find it really strange because it just shows a lack of care for what she's doing to me. When she tried to take her cake out of the tin by pulling it up by the greaseproof paper and transferring it as if it wouldn't fall out the bottom I just thought there's being clumsy and then being idiotic (or potentially, in a cynical world, sticking to a role she's created for herself).

The conditions are the same for everyone in the tent so the heat etc. can't be blamed for how she is, she's just slapdash. Whether that's because she's not good at baking to a time limit or under pressure, I don't know, but she knew what she was applying for, and everyone else is in the same boat.

Yeah her flavours are good, she obviously has a good palate, but that has never been enough to win bake off, or carry someone so far. Presentation has always been crucial and yet she's constantly told things are a mess.
its weird because I find Laura more and more unlikeable, I find her really negative and moany and huffy and I don't enjoy watching her clips. In fact I don't really like any of the finalists this year! They dont have the usual calibre of bakers thats for sure this year.

Droosie123

VIP Member
I like Laura. I know she’s messy but they both rave about her flavours. Her finish isn’t great but that tent is so hot. I hope she wins.
That's it in a nutshell, in a way she's been fortunate as ever week tnat she's struggled, another baker has produced something inedible and this has saved her, Lottie's ice cream cake, Hermine's showstopper for example.

We are not there, we are not seeing anything unedited and we are not tasting the bakes.

Laura may be messy but so am I when I bake and I can't produce anything as wonderful as she does. I feel a kinship with her when I see her knock stuff over as it's so like me.

Personally I think Peter will win due to his young age and huge talent.

MrsWolf

VIP Member
I just posted this in the meme thread, but thought it would be appreciated here too! 😏
07CF00AB-BB88-4E80-84E4-15C95323EC49.jpeg

• Heart
  • Haha

StephenTJackson

VIP Member
They couldn't win on brownies. If they went for a simple brownie, you just know the judges would've said it was too simple. So they all complicated it and fucked it up.

Reactions: 14

IrishGal2020

VIP Member
I think I will be livid if Laura makes it through to the final over some of the other bakers. I feel as though she's made it through by the skin of her teeth almost every week? She's like a cat with 9 lives!

That's it in a nutshell, in a way she's been fortunate as ever week tnat she's struggled, another baker has produced something inedible and this has saved her, Lottie's ice cream cake, Hermine's showstopper for example.

We are not there, we are not seeing anything unedited and we are not tasting the bakes.

Laura may be messy but so am I when I bake and I can't produce anything as wonderful as she does. I feel a kinship with her when I see her knock stuff over as it's so like me.

Personally I think Peter will win due to his young age and huge talent.
Absolutely agree with this. As much as I love Hermine and wanted her to be in the final, Laura's flavours won the day, both in the signature and in the showstopper. While Hermine is probably the better baker it all comes down to what you produce each week, and one bad week could see you go home. It was just unfortunate for Hermine that her bad week came this week.

I'm not a massive fan of either Dave or Peter but they both had an incredible week and deserve to be in the final.

hermine had a shocker of a week though, taste is alot and thats just about what saved Laura. Matt Lucas made me laugh at loud last night but I do find the antics of the two offputting and I'd say its a nightmare work around.
I thought Matt was lovely in the way he comforted Laura during the technical. He and Noel seem like such lovely guys. I love watching them but don't think I could cope with it if I was a contestant, it would be so distracting! 🤣

There was some horrific stuff on Twitter last night and she's also had some very nasty DMs.
I know this as I spoke to her Mum about it this morning (I don't know Laura).

The stuff on Twitter was horrible.

It was beyond (far beyond) saying she should have gone home.

So yes she's experiencing online bullying and some nasty trolls. ...same as every year that someone goes through by surprise.

People forget there's a human being on the other end...it's nasty.
And at the end of the day it's a baking competition. It's entertainment. Laura being in the final is not in her control, the judges have chosen her to through week after week, if people want to get mad, they should get mad at Paul and Prue, not Laura!

She seems like a perfectly lovely person, it's such a shame that what was probably a brilliant experience for her is being ruined by a bunch of Twitter fuckwits 🤬

Last edited:
  • Heart

rivermonster

VIP Member
What a shambles of a technical challenge. Basically they all failed it.

If Peter goes after one bad week and Laura survives after many many disasters then I will be fuming!
I don't understand why they were all under steamed unless they did not give them enough time -Prue said another hours steaming and they would have been cooked so why not give them more time.

DCICassieStuart

VIP Member
I'm disgusted with who went tonight. They were my favourite from week one.
The other person who was in danger had two terrible rounds. They should have been the one to go :mad:

bookworm1403

I won't lie, I'm loving watching shows with no social distancing atm (I love a bit of normality) so watching bake off on a Tuesday is like a little distraction from the real world... even if the contestants aren't the best this year - and I mean that in the nicest way - it's honestly been like respite for me, dreading it finishing 😂

• Heart

BelleAmie

VIP Member
Okay hear me out with this one because I realise it’s a bit random, but not only does Dave have serial killer eyes, he kinda reminds me of Lee from Steps. Anyone else see it ...?

• Haha