Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Blair-Waldorf

VIP Member
How amazing was Hermine’s jelly cake. She seems like such a nice lady. Was rooting for Marc but he had a shocker this week. How is Laura still there, she should have went last week instead of Lottie

• Heart
Reactions: 12

dee_mc

VIP Member
Right, I'm going to just admit it: I fancy Dave a bit.
I like em awkward and a bit sinister (I mean I don't think he's at all sinister but I think that's how such awkwardness is often misconstrued)

• Haha
  • Heart

dee_mc

VIP Member
Yea I'm another one very unhappy not to have two Marks in the final.
Peter really upset me last night, revealing with no warning that he doesn't like cheese. I felt there should have been a viewer advisory before the show, and an "if you have been effected" message at the end with helpline numbers etc.
Laura's flavours must be incredible because a lot of her bakes seem to go wrong, but still get lots of praise. I find it very hard to watch her as I feel she lacks finesse in a serious way- last night again she tipped a cake or jelly into her hand and sort of frisbeed it onto a serving plate, and the way she fecked her suet pastry into the fridge without looking or even fully opening the door just made me crack up laughing! Oh I also had to laugh when she was eulogising Mark at the end - I felt like someone needed to remind her he was being sent home, not taken round the back of the tent and shot 😂

• Haha
  • Heart

IrishGal2020

VIP Member
They're all a bit crap aren't they. Wouldn't it be good if they did a year of the best bakers from the previous years. I would like that

DigiDuino

She is definitely getting nasty comments on Twitter, plenty of weight comments especially after last night.

Dave left Twitter because of comments he received, I know bake off is a nice show but people on twitter can be horrible.

• Sad

malolo

VIP Member
Laura has become more likeable as the series goes on, they all have in a way because they get more comfortable with everything and aren't as rabbit in headlights.

She is clumsy and I find it really strange because it just shows a lack of care for what she's doing to me. When she tried to take her cake out of the tin by pulling it up by the greaseproof paper and transferring it as if it wouldn't fall out the bottom I just thought there's being clumsy and then being idiotic (or potentially, in a cynical world, sticking to a role she's created for herself).

The conditions are the same for everyone in the tent so the heat etc. can't be blamed for how she is, she's just slapdash. Whether that's because she's not good at baking to a time limit or under pressure, I don't know, but she knew what she was applying for, and everyone else is in the same boat.

Yeah her flavours are good, she obviously has a good palate, but that has never been enough to win bake off, or carry someone so far. Presentation has always been crucial and yet she's constantly told things are a mess.

IrishGal2020

VIP Member
This is the first year I've watched Bake Off. Been persuaded by workmates. And I'm loving it. So much so, I've went back and watched all the channel 4 bake offs which are fab.

But i do think that Matt isnt a patch on Sandi (who I don't usually like). But her Noel were fab together and she seemed to really care about the bakers. Not sure Matt gives a toss.

But, I was watching an episode in bed a couple of weeks ago, I must have feel asleep but woke up at 2am absolutely ravenous!!!

So I made myself some cheesy pasta (you know the stuff out of a box) and microwave chips. Which is really the extent of my cooking 😀😀😀

But I'll still sit in my living room eating crisps and critise people's baking 😂😂😂
I find all of matts jokes to land flat... they never seem to know how to take him. Doesn't seem to be a lot of banter this year it's almost awkward

DCICassieStuart

VIP Member
Does anyone remember Kate from 2014? She was lovely. Her partner passed away suddenly last month.
They were due to get married last Saturday 😢

• Sad

hrh89

VIP Member
No one is standing out to me tbh and they’re all a bit.. dull? 😂 also I was kinda bored this week because I always find bread week boring

Cupcakeapple

VIP Member
I think it’s sad that they get trolled their just competing in a wholesome baking competition. Apparently Dave had to de activate his twitter account because of the trolls which makes me sad becuase I actually like Dave now I think he’s just a misunderstood introvert

NC2020

VIP Member
This series has been soooo boring I find myself tuning out halfway through each episode. Probably won’t bother watching next year. Really it’s been limping along since moving from BBC. I hate the adverts, I miss Mel and Sue, can’t really warm up to Pru. Feel sorry for Noel because he’s single handedly carrying it. Matt just comes across as a bit of a weirdo truthfully 😂

50sGirl

VIP Member
I can’t believe how much of a slob Laura is! When she was pouring that chocolate it just went everywhere! She’s so messy, it’s almost like a badge of honour for her at this point.
Just because is messy doesn't mean she is a slob.

• Heart

Glaschelle

VIP Member
This is the first year I've watched Bake Off. Been persuaded by workmates. And I'm loving it. So much so, I've went back and watched all the channel 4 bake offs which are fab.

But i do think that Matt isnt a patch on Sandi (who I don't usually like). But her Noel were fab together and she seemed to really care about the bakers. Not sure Matt gives a toss.

But, I was watching an episode in bed a couple of weeks ago, I must have feel asleep but woke up at 2am absolutely ravenous!!!

So I made myself some cheesy pasta (you know the stuff out of a box) and microwave chips. Which is really the extent of my cooking 😀😀😀

But I'll still sit in my living room eating crisps and critise people's baking 😂😂😂

• Haha