Great British Bake Off 2020

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I just posted this in the meme thread, but thought it would be appreciated here too! ๐Ÿ˜
07CF00AB-BB88-4E80-84E4-15C95323EC49.jpeg

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
He came across as such a nice man! I'm so glad he took home the winners apron ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

How awful and cocky was Anne-Marie tho, what was her problem slagging off poor David's bakes all the time?! Made me laugh that he did better than her in the showstopper ๐Ÿ˜
I'm so old I didn't know who she was ๐Ÿคฃ still don't, will have to Google!

• Haha
Reactions: 1
How awful and cocky was Anne-Marie tho, what was her problem slagging off poor David's bakes all the time?! Made me laugh that he did better than her in the showstopper ๐Ÿ˜
I didn't like her at all. That stupid fake laugh, constantly laughing at nothing.

Reactions: 3
i can't find anywhere to watch/download it in croatia, i'm so sad, i just want to see james mcavoy work some dough :( ๐Ÿคค๐Ÿคค

I thought Anne-Marie was 18/19 sheโ€™s 29, she acts like a teen!
Wow, I thought she was about 18/19 too. Can't believe she's almost 30. She seems very childish.

My son found her quite endearing, me an irritant, the difference, our genders and a generation?
How old are you and your son? I'm 41 and definitely didn't warm to her. I know my 25 year old nephew watches it. I'll have to ask him what he thought of her.

Wow, I thought she was about 18/19 too. Can't believe she's almost 30. She seems very childish.

How old are you and your son? I'm 41 and definitely didn't warm to her. I know my 25 year old nephew watches it. I'll have to ask him what he thought of her.
Your question wasn't aimed at me but I thought I'd say my flatmate and I are in our late 20's and we both thought she was annoying as duck. My mum is 68 and hated her too so it seems Anne-Marie is hated by all ages ๐Ÿคฃ I'd bet a fiver that your nephew didn't like her either lol

• Haha
Reactions: 4

Son, twenties, me fifties

I like Anne-Marie, I met her at the Capital One Summertime ball in 2019. She was very sweet and lovely.
I think her behaviour on BakeOff was simply what she thinks people expect of her. A lot of her pop career in the early days was based on that persona. So she thinks thatโ€™s what people want to see.

I've only heard of 2 of the people in the latest celeb one. Didn't mary berry set a queen of pudding challenge?

Just adding a more truthful answer to my last response. I said I was in my fifties, I am. I said my son was twenties, he turned thirty a couple of months ago! I hate to lie, apologies, I guess I struggle with acknowledging I have a son in his thirties!

• Haha
Reactions: 3
It sounded almost American at some points! Really good bunch on tonight, caught myself laughing quite a lot! Poor John Bishop not knowing what a baking tray looked like ๐Ÿ’€
Nadine lived in the US for quite a while so must have picked up the accent there.

I thought Nadine's accent was very strong Norther Irish. John's Scouse accent stood out too.

I really like it when people keep their original accent and don't change it for the camera etc.

My own accent is very strong and even though I haven't lived in the place where I grew up in over 20 years, I've never lost my accent and I would never try to. I think so many people put on a fake one in order to try and 'blend in'.

I though they were all very nice tonight and the person who won (won't post a spoiler) was a deserved winner.

Reactions: 9