Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Practically Perfect

Chatty Member
i thinK Peter was just proud as punch as he had a rubbish time last week and he had done so well this week. I dont think it was ego just giddy as a kipper

• Haha
Reactions: 14

calmyourritas

VIP Member
There’s a big difference between saying on here we think she should have been sent home, and actively messaging her nasty comments about her weight!

Reactions: 13

StephenTJackson

VIP Member
Terribly sad news about Luis Troyano.

He was Mary Berry's favourite ever Bake Off contestant, because he knew the way to her heart was to just booze up the bakes. She loved those doughnuts he made. He was a cracking baker.

_methode_sundaytimes_prod_web_bin_5b5aa2dc-e24c-11e5-9dba-8247803f102b.jpg

• Heart

Droosie123

VIP Member
Laura is fabulous, she's been lucky as even in bad weeks she's pulled off great flavours and I honestly think that's what has saved her each time. I also think each time she's been fully prepared for hearing that she's going home.

In any case it's all academic as Peter will win. ...Perfect Peter as my husband calls him but for a 20yr old he's amazingly talented.

aimzalicious

VIP Member
I had a thought late last night when I couldn't sleep - Jo Brand does well on Extra Slice, I kind of wish she could have taken's Sandi position with Noel so we don't have to have Matt Lucas wandering around fingering people's dough and making Pingu noises...

• Haha

Jg182

Well deserved winner!!!
I’m an emotional mess though watching all the clips....and seeing that big group of people, I miss nornal life

• Heart

FakeSmile

VIP Member
I can’t bear Matt Lucas so not sure how I feel about watching this year. I was wary of the Noel/Sandi combo to begin with but grew to like them in the end even if they did seem overly scripted unlike with Mel and Sue.

onmylunchbreak

Hermine should win I think! Unless Peter absolutely smashes the next two weeks. He’s been generally very consistent right the way through, but had a terrible week this time.

Laura is annoying with her clumsy, carelessness. The way she dropped the cake, and just slapped it back on the plate with her hand 🤢 I’m sure her hands are clean but it bothers me. Normally the messy contestants don’t bother me but she winds me right up!

Dave has really grown on me. I actually like him now and find him so conscientious. He seems to really care about his bakes, and when they critique him I find myself feeling sorry for him because you can tell he’s gutted!

I was very sad to see both Marc/Mark go. Both lovely men!

I love his little shoulder wiggle after every bit of feedback from the judges.
yes that is so funny and sweet. He’s like a pigeon, all proud of himself 😂

• Heart

IrishGal2020

VIP Member
I actually don't even know if I'll watch the final. That is an absolute disgrace. Even Noel said Laura shouldn't be there. Poor Hermine and everyone else who deserved to be there over Laura. Joke

Bitofthebubbly

VIP Member
I think next years will be much better provided things can go back to ‘normal’ again. I’d imagine there were better contestants who had applied but then couldn’t do the whole isolation thing to film.

I wish they’d stop giving them impossible challenges though, ice cream cake in a boiling tent in the middle of summer?? At least invest in air con then so they have a chance! And then they don’t give them enough time and stuff. It’s just not entertaining when the odds are so heavily stacked against the contestants.

StephenTJackson

VIP Member
I was half expecting a video message for Laura from her pizza oven the way they went on about it in the first few weeks.

• Haha

StephenTJackson

VIP Member
Lottie and Peter are so amazing so far.

I really need Peter to become friends with Henry from last year, and ginger Andrew from a few years back. Then they can be the adorable, nerdy Bake Off friendship group I love so much! 😂

• Haha
  • Heart

StephenTJackson

VIP Member
The thing I'm most disappointed about is Matt Lucas didn't do a bit of Marjorie Dawes. I suppose it's probably a rights issue thing since Little Britain is a BBC show. But I did hope for a little bit even though I didn't actually expect it.

4c0d8457551a4639834fffc1deedb1b4.jpg

• Haha

Vanillaco

VIP Member
aww that's adorable

i would hate to be proposed to in public but the bake off would be an exception
I always feel public proposals are for people who are scared the other person is goingvto say no. Altbough if my husband had proposed to me in public I would have taken it as proof he didnt understand me at all, so would have refused 😄

• Haha

aimzalicious

VIP Member
Oh my the bin 🤣

Why did she take it out the freezer though?!
She was a dick, the fact she had a go at him and said: "you've got your own freezer" and removed his ice cream without even telling him!

I'd forgotten how truly inventive bakers from previous seasons were. The bloke that made an actual working well with a bucket that had white choc at the bottom? What a wizard!

50sGirl

VIP Member
I really don’t understand the Laura hate.
A few weeks ago it was Dave with his “serial killer eyes”.
The judges have said each week that her flavours are great, just the presentation that is lacking.
I’m not really bothered who wins tbh now Marc has gone.

PS it drove me mad that Dave cut all his silicone cube holders, what a waste.

DowntoearthDawn

VIP Member
Just because is messy doesn't mean she is a slob.
She’s not a slob at all. I think she’s lovely. It’s a good job she’s a Samaritan volunteer. She has the tools to not let the nasty Twitter trolls destroy her. I hope she wins. She has more personality too compared to two male finalists.

• Heart
Reactions: 12