Great British Bake Off 2020

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes, I just wish theyā€™d get rid of Paul ā€œI love myselfā€ Hollywood.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Agreed 50sGirl!

I'm looking forward to Matt Lucas and Noel combo!

Hopefully they'll have more of the older bakers too, I like a proper mix, middle aged men, less curry inspired flavours just good old baking!!!

Reactions: 6
I don't mind Paul Hollywood but I'm not sure what Matt Lucas will be like.
Will have to wait and find out I guess.

I don't mind Paul Hollywood but I'm not sure what Matt Lucas will be like.
Will have to wait and find out I guess.
As long as he is Matt and not too 'in character' and they bounce off each other as opposed to scripted nonsense, it should/could work šŸ¤žšŸ¤ž

Reactions: 5
I canā€™t bear Matt Lucas so not sure how I feel about watching this year. I was wary of the Noel/Sandi combo to begin with but grew to like them in the end even if they did seem overly scripted unlike with Mel and Sue.

Reactions: 13
I dip in and out of it - not really watched it since itā€™s been on Channel 4. But think I might give it a go this year as Iā€™ve got into baking during lockdown (like thousands more!)

Reactions: 3
So excited about this!! I used to treat myself to a cake (shop bought! Shhhs!) once a week to have while watching but Iā€™ve been eating cake almost every day in lockdown so... I will continue eating shop bought cake every day including bake off day and dreaming that Dan Levy (Schittā€™s Creek and also used to be a host on the great Canadian bake off) could be a host on our show!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I think Matt will be great and hopefully bounce off Noel well! I did like Sandy though

Reactions: 2
So excited about this!! I used to treat myself to a cake (shop bought! Shhhs!) once a week to have while watching but Iā€™ve been eating cake almost every day in lockdown so... I will continue eating shop bought cake every day including bake off day and dreaming that Dan Levy (Schittā€™s Creek and also used to be a host on the great Canadian bake off) could be a host on our show!
We have a tradition where we eat whatever the week befores theme/bakes were. So if last week it was pastry week we go to town on the danishes for the next weeks show!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
We have a tradition where we eat whatever the week befores theme/bakes were. So if last week it was pastry week we go to town on the danishes for the next weeks show!
Definitely going to make this our new tradition!

Reactions: 4
I canā€™t wait but at the same time Iā€™m going to miss Sandi, Iā€™m not the biggest Matt Lucas fan though. Be interesting to see how Noel & Matt fit.

Reactions: 5
Yes! This is exactly what I did. Iā€™m glad to hear you did too, it makes bake off night even more fun, At one point my local coffee shop did the same too. It was great for an independent business! Apparently some people DONā€™T eat cake while watching it? Sacrilege!! Although they wouldnā€™t have put on half a stone over the course of the series! So..,,šŸ¤£

Reactions: 4
Can't wait for GBBO to come back! I am excited to see how Matt Lucas fits in. I love love loved Noel and Sandy together so I hope Matt works well with Noel.

The return of GBBO signifies autumn is here, lots of cosy autumnal nights ahead, and it means I can treat myself to a fancy doughnut every week from the bakery near me so I can eat whilst I watch šŸ‘€

Yes! This is exactly what I did. Iā€™m glad to hear you did too, it makes bake off night even more fun, At one point my local coffee shop did the same too. It was great for an independent business! Apparently some people DONā€™T eat cake while watching it? Sacrilege!! Although they wouldnā€™t have put on half a stone over the course of the series! So..,,šŸ¤£
I couldnā€™t watch bake off and not eat! We eat last weeks bakes/theme though so we get abit of variety šŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 2