Grackle #3 Barely dated and married off. Zoe Sugg must be devastated

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I didn’t think it was possible, but I’m even more bored of her content. Who is her audience even at this point? She’s simultaneously immature and posting about weddings. I think it feels weird because in my mind she’s like 17.

Reactions: 20
A gifted honeymoon is NOT a stretch. Many influencers have received gifted honeymoons. Pretty weird tbh. Would rather plan my own honeymoon in stead of getting one pre-packaged and having to make ""work"" out of it. but maybe that's just me

Reactions: 17
I didn’t think it was possible, but I’m even more bored of her content. Who is her audience even at this point? She’s simultaneously immature and posting about weddings. I think it feels weird because in my mind she’s like 17.
Likewise!
I start watching her videos but I am so bored of drive thrus and taste tests and at this point even her “cute day of self care” while I’m drowning in work was boring!

Reactions: 8
A gifted honeymoon is NOT a stretch. Many influencers have received gifted honeymoons. Pretty weird tbh. Would rather plan my own honeymoon in stead of getting one pre-packaged and having to make ""work"" out of it. but maybe that's just me
She spent a bit of time talking about how she’d love to go on a cruise (not in relation to the honeymoon, just in general) - I highly doubt she’d turn it down if for example after talking about it on her vlog a travel company reached out to her and offered her a luxury cruise for their honeymoon.

Grace is not immune to the influencer culture especially now she’s planning a wedding. It wouldn’t surprise me if she got other parts of her wedding gifted so it’s definitely not a stretch to assume the possibility of a gifted honeymoon - it’s a business move influencers and the company. Most of the time when influencers as for “recommendations”, it’s code for wanting companies to reach out to them.

Reactions: 8
She spent a bit of time talking about how she’d love to go on a cruise (not in relation to the honeymoon, just in general) - I highly doubt she’d turn it down if for example after talking about it on her vlog a travel company reached out to her and offered her a luxury cruise for their honeymoon.

Grace is not immune to the influencer culture especially now she’s planning a wedding. It wouldn’t surprise me if she got other parts of her wedding gifted so it’s definitely not a stretch to assume the possibility of a gifted honeymoon - it’s a business move influencers and the company. Most of the time when influencers as for “recommendations”, it’s code for wanting companies to reach out to them.
I've seen loads of influencers go on paid cruises recently, especially disney cruises. She's never mentioned a cruise before that I can recall so i'm inclined to agree she was putting the feelers out.

Reactions: 7
It makes me laugh when she says she’s having a quiet day or some ‘me time’ what else does she do??

• Haha
Reactions: 17
It makes me laugh when she says she’s having a quiet day or some ‘me time’ what else does she do??
It's exhausting to taste pastries and to go out to shops to buy coffee and pretending to be surprised you don't like it!!! a full day of work and then some!

After such a day of slaving away you definitely need a day of bath whisking to calm down!

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Can't believe they let 13-year-olds get married these days. What a crazy world we live in..

Untitled.png

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 30
She contradicts herself in that video "I thought theyd be like lidl (regarding bakery)" to "i've always got a queue in aldi" which is it grace? Can't help but question when she'll understand doing these videos in the height of a cost of living crisis, is in such poor taste. Like who exactly is your audience? When does she realise her market isn't 12 year olds shopping 'for the fun of it', and in fact adults with feckin jobs unable to keep the roof over our aheads. This isn't lockdown gackle, those attitudes have long disappeared. Ughh she annoys me with her inability to be self-aware. Has mummy and daddy always done the household shop? It was obvious you've never stepped foot in aldi, otherwise you'd know they've never had a bloody bakery, like ever. That is the only one up lidl can do on aldi. Waitrose and their apparent luxurious one off items, are available in asda love. I don't even live in England (or any part of the uk lol) and I know this!! :rolleyes:

She definitely has a nice life, to be able to wander through the supermarket at her leisure, not worried about how much anything costs, stay at hotels on a whim, and being able to write it all off. Not to mention everything that gets gifted to her. I can't see her hacking a regular job, even something relatively menial or non-customer service

Reactions: 16
She definitely has a nice life, to be able to wander through the supermarket at her leisure, not worried about how much anything costs, stay at hotels on a whim, and being able to write it all off. Not to mention everything that gets gifted to her. I can't see her hacking a regular job, even something relatively menial or non-customer service
The problem is there’s a change going on and people are starting to hate unrealistic “influencers” who lead a different lifestyle. It’s happening on TikTok and I can see it making it’s way across all social media - I think the days of being an influencer, those with a lifestyle where money doesn’t matter may be the beginning of the end

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Yeah but- granted I'm not in the UK, cost of living is biting in Australia but not in the same way- isn't grocery hauls and stuff like that a lot more realistic luxury than other influencers where it's first class travel, endless holidays, designer clothes, and plastic surgery (Lydia Millen etc) like I think Grace has gotten boring but her main problem is she's boring and doing the same videos over and over again. It's not really prestige stuff, though clearly money isn't an issue either.

Reactions: 2
Yet still she gets more and more views and subscribers. She totally infuriates me as much as she bores me now with her regurgitated crap content that is pointless extravagance, but the sheep flock is definitely growing.

Groan.

Yet still she gets more and more views and subscribers. She totally infuriates me as much as she bores me now with her regurgitated crap content that is pointless extravagance, but the sheep flock is definitely growing.

Groan.
Exactly. Why would she try to do anything differently if she sees results doing what she always does?

While most of the criticism on here is valid what she's criticised for isn't actually affecting her income (or is, but in a positive way). Her second and third Grackle tries videos from 2021 (that probably took a decent amount of work) have much fewer views than most of her typical, lazier content. It actually makes better business sense to stick to the regular format where she tries food/tests recipes. It may not work for her forever, but for now it does.

If she put more effort into it she would at best make the same money and at worst lose money.

The problem is there’s a change going on and people are starting to hate unrealistic “influencers” who lead a different lifestyle. It’s happening on TikTok and I can see it making it’s way across all social media - I think the days of being an influencer, those with a lifestyle where money doesn’t matter may be the beginning of the end
I hope you're right. I feel like prior to tiktok going viral and sustaining an audience was a lot harder.
With the risk of sounding old it annoys me how young kids seem to have no interest in respectable professions now like becoming a doctor, they all want easy money from influencing.

Can't believe they let 13-year-olds get married these days. What a crazy world we live in..

View attachment 2025775
She looks too old to be able to pull this look off to be honest. Her face is getting old and I'm not saying that she looks like a grandmother but you can see she's aging and getting into her late 20s (which, again, is not a bad thing! we all age and that is totally fine). This is a look for a 13 year old, not someone in her mid/late 20s. I swear she's going to be one of those adults that refuse to grow out of their teenage style to the point it just looks odd. We all know that one man or one woman that tries to pull off the "youngster" look/vibe thinking they look young but they don't and they just look like an old person with children's clothes on and a teenager's hairstyle. It just looks weird. Like grow the hell up.

She contradicts herself in that video "I thought theyd be like lidl (regarding bakery)" to "i've always got a queue in aldi" which is it grace? Can't help but question when she'll understand doing these videos in the height of a cost of living crisis, is in such poor taste. Like who exactly is your audience? When does she realise her market isn't 12 year olds shopping 'for the fun of it', and in fact adults with feckin jobs unable to keep the roof over our aheads. This isn't lockdown gackle, those attitudes have long disappeared. Ughh she annoys me with her inability to be self-aware. Has mummy and daddy always done the household shop? It was obvious you've never stepped foot in aldi, otherwise you'd know they've never had a bloody bakery, like ever. That is the only one up lidl can do on aldi. Waitrose and their apparent luxurious one off items, are available in asda love. I don't even live in England (or any part of the uk lol) and I know this!! :rolleyes:
I do not live in the UK either, but I do live in Europe. We used to go on summer holiday to Germany and the Aldi North does have bakeries like Lidl does actually.
As far as I know the Aldi in my country doesn't have fresh bakeries either, but I can see the mix up and confusion if you have never been there before.
But otherwise I totally agree with you, especially because she contradicts herself in that same video. It just doesn't add up. She has definitely lived a VERY comfortable life if they never had to go to Aldi before when she was growing up!
Though to be fair, I think her mom always had to do all the shopping, so perhaps she only wanted to go to just 1 store and picked the store that was closest or had the most items they liked/wanted. Can't really blame her mom for that to be honest, grocery shopping for a larger family is tiring when she also had to work and do a lot at home (cooking/cleaning/taking care of the kids).

Exactly. Why would she try to do anything differently if she sees results doing what she always does?

While most of the criticism on here is valid what she's criticised for isn't actually affecting her income (or is, but in a positive way). Her second and third Grackle tries videos from 2021 (that probably took a decent amount of work) have much fewer views than most of her typical, lazier content. It actually makes better business sense to stick to the regular format where she tries food/tests recipes. It may not work for her forever, but for now it does.

If she put more effort into it she would at best make the same money and at worst lose money.
I loved her videos recently of baking some cakes from the old childrens cake book but it must be hard when those videos take effort and you get paid the same amount of money or more for strolling into a bakery, taking a bite of a croissant and saying whether it’s nice or not. Not much incentive to work hard on content. I did enjoy the baking videos though

Reactions: 4
I loved her videos recently of baking some cakes from the old childrens cake book but it must be hard when those videos take effort and you get paid the same amount of money or more for strolling into a bakery, taking a bite of a croissant and saying whether it’s nice or not. Not much incentive to work hard on content. I did enjoy the baking videos though
But she must be bored surely? She likes baking so something like that shouldn't be a chore for her

Reactions: 4
But she must be bored surely? She likes baking so something like that shouldn't be a chore for her
You reckon she's lost a bit of passion for baking? Because she started doing it for her channel ("work")?

You reckon she's lost a bit of passion for baking? Because she started doing it for her channel ("work")?
I guess maybe? But if I was her , thinking about any kind of future career I would be baking /inventing recipes to prove I am doing something. At this point imagine her going to a job related to her studies? But then maybe she has changed her mind and doesn't want to work in food development erc

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.