Grackle #3 Barely dated and married off. Zoe Sugg must be devastated

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I honestly don't think she ever had any passion for baking. I know so many people who took up baking back in 2014 when the British Bakeoff became popular and they've all dropped off over the years. Grace was probably just like them, but she went further and took it to uni because she was more influenced at that age when the show kicked off.

Now, like the other fad bakers, she's grown bored of baking.

Reactions: 13
I do find her taste test videos boring but I watch them in the background while doing something else because I live on the other side of the world so I like seeing the different things that are sold in the UK lol I wondering how many just use her for background noise too

Reactions: 8
Back in 2020, I thought she'd have around 1mil subscribers by now; her channel seemed to be growing significantly around this time. But she seems to be at a standstill bc she hasn't switched up her content at all and these types of videos don't seem to be as popular now in comparison to 2020 and even 2021.

Reactions: 11
it's weird to me she's marrying someone she's never lived with. I just can't imagine that or how it would lead to a happy life. You learn so much about someone when you actually have to do life with them, the day in day out monotony. Surely marrying someone without really knowing how they live is marrying and idealised version of that person.

Reactions: 24
Back in 2020, I thought she'd have around 1mil subscribers by now; her channel seemed to be growing significantly around this time. But she seems to be at a standstill bc she hasn't switched up her content at all and these types of videos don't seem to be as popular now in comparison to 2020 and even 2021.
I think a lot of people found her in lockdown and saw her as a comfort watch but by 2022 she became just another youtuber and was sort of forgot about. She's an interesting personality but her vlogs themselves aren't that interesting, it's a lot of similar content recycled.
She's blown up on tiktok though. Idk, maybe she's realised it doesn't matter if she doesn't grow her channel because she can get sponsors now when before she was more hesitant.

Reactions: 7
agree about her popularity being lockdown related, which is when I used to watch her. Everyone was on furlough, baking a lot, the supermarket was the only place you could go. But then everyone went back to normal, and she stayed that way!

Reactions: 10
it's weird to me she's marrying someone she's never lived with. I just can't imagine that or how it would lead to a happy life. You learn so much about someone when you actually have to do life with them, the day in day out monotony. Surely marrying someone without really knowing how they live is marrying and idealised version of that person.
Completely agree with this, I also think you don't really know someone until you've been with them a couple of years, when the eating out every weekend honeymoon period ends. She's in for a huge surprise when she'll be clearing up piss off the toilet seat and picking up wet towels off the bathroom floor, bickering about who's turn it is to wash up and putting up with the smell of lingering man turds in the toilet 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Completely agree with this, I also think you don't really know someone until you've been with them a couple of years, when the eating out every weekend honeymoon period ends. She's in for a huge surprise when she'll be clearing up piss off the toilet seat and picking up wet towels off the bathroom floor, bickering about who's turn it is to wash up and putting up with the smell of lingering man turds in the toilet 😂
Not even just them living together but she has never lived with anyone other than family which is totally different from living in a house share/with a boyfriend /husband etc it's going to be a steep learning curve

Reactions: 12
shudder

But yes it’s true, it’s a game changer in any relationship, you stop having fun dates all the time and the monotony of life sets in. I’d want to know I enjoyed that monotony and liked someone enough before I became legally bound to them!

Reactions: 6
She’s going to be alone so much too with him working full time and no house full of parents and siblings, I bet she still spends most of her life at mum&dads. I really hope she can find some kind of routine and mature a bit in her own home. No doubt kids won’t be far behind, she’s obsessed with the idea of making them packed lunches.

Reactions: 7
Not even just them living together but she has never lived with anyone other than family which is totally different from living in a house share/with a boyfriend /husband etc it's going to be a steep learning curve
This is definitely going to be tough. For anyone, but especially someone like Grace who has always been doted on and let off to do her thing by her family with all the freedom in the world and her parents taking care of most of the things around the house. It's really difficult living with other people than your family.

Unless they hire someone, she has to pick up all the slack because she's basically at home all day and he's out working, so that's definitely going to tough.

Reactions: 8
This is definitely going to be tough. For anyone, but especially someone like Grace who has always been doted on and let off to do her thing by her family with all the freedom in the world and her parents taking care of most of the things around the house. It's really difficult living with other people than your family.

Unless they hire someone, she has to pick up all the slack because she's basically at home all day and he's out working, so that's definitely going to tough.
I don't think it's even the housework aspects of it as she seems pretty tidy etc. It is just fundamental different ways of doing things. I remember visiting an (now ex) boyfriends family for lunch and helping to clean up and being critisied for how i loaded the dishwasher (boyfriend and his whole family were awful but whatever) but everyone has basic, even tiny, things in their family that for them are normal that are different for others that can create tension when living together.
Also imagine getting back from a pretty taxing job and "what did you do today?" Well I bought 28383 scones from a supermarket to make a video....I think she will end upnhaving children quickly just to have something to do tbh (if she does I really hope she doesn't use them.for her social media)

Reactions: 13
everyone has basic, even tiny, things in their family that for them are normal that are different for others that can create tension when living together.
Yeah, this is the biggest thing! Moving in with someone shows you a completely different side of them, one you only ever see when you put together IKEA furniture or have to figure out where your gate is at an airport during a delayed layover. I'm a firm believer in doing all of these things before you get married to really test the person lol

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Am a bit confused why she acted in that video like she's never been to Waitrose before?? Girl you're in that shop all the time

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Has she ever traveled with her fiance?
She has gone to France with him multiple times and did a holiday with him along with her sister and husband last year.

I haven't watched her latest few videos so I may be wrong.. but didn't she hint that he might be living in the Booth's house already? When she mentioned he arranges her teddys on her bed in different ways every day.

I also just had the thought that maybe they will get married and still keep living with her parents (at least for a while). It seems like Chloe and her husband have been living there for quite a while so it wouldn't surprise me if Grace and her fiance stayed living there after marriage until they eventually buy a home. I don't know how he would feel about that and if it would suit his commute but I still wouldn't be very surprised if that's the plan.

Reactions: 4
I haven't watched her latest few videos so I may be wrong.. but didn't she hint that he might be living in the Booth's house already? When she mentioned he arranges her teddys on her bed in different ways every day.
Oh god, that made me want to vom.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Chloe and her husband moved out when they got married, they moved back in later for reasons we do not know (which is fine! she is not a public figure, she owes us nothing).
People here are thinking a couple of things: they are waiting for a new house/building one, they have mental or physical illness and need a bit of help and stability. All is fine and I hope it does them well living with their family again, no matter what the reason is I think it's amazing they have such welcoming parents to be honest. It's not easy to invite your children back in after they have moved out. You can say about the Booth family what you want, but their parents do really care for them a lot and I admire that.

I could see Grace and her then husband staying with Grace's family to be honest.
How difficult is it finding a house in their era for a decent price these days?

Reactions: 9
Chloe and her husband moved out when they got married, they moved back in later for reasons we do not know (which is fine! she is not a public figure, she owes us nothing).
People here are thinking a couple of things: they are waiting for a new house/building one, they have mental or physical illness and need a bit of help and stability. All is fine and I hope it does them well living with their family again, no matter what the reason is I think it's amazing they have such welcoming parents to be honest. It's not easy to invite your children back in after they have moved out. You can say about the Booth family what you want, but their parents do really care for them a lot and I admire that.

I could see Grace and her then husband staying with Grace's family to be honest.
How difficult is it finding a house in their era for a decent price these days?
Do we even know that Chloe and her husband had ever moved out alone? It’s possible they were living in his husbands family home and then moved into the booth house.
It’s really not that uncommon for young professionals/couples to live with their families in this climate. The Booths are also Christians and very likely more family oriented than most.

There are 3 bed new builds in Grace’s town for £760k and average house price there is over 550k at the moment. So yeah, pretty impossible to purchase a house right now. :ROFLMAO: If you get on well with your parents and have the opportunity to live with them it’s a no brainer when saving to buy while renting is also so difficult

Reactions: 6
Do we even know that Chloe and her husband had ever moved out alone? It’s possible they were living in his husbands family home and then moved into the booth house.
It’s really not that uncommon for young professionals/couples to live with their families in this climate. The Booths are also Christians and very likely more family oriented than most.

There are 3 bed new builds in Grace’s town for £760k and average house price there is over 550k at the moment. So yeah, pretty impossible to purchase a house right now. :ROFLMAO: If you get on well with your parents and have the opportunity to live with them it’s a no brainer when saving to buy while renting is also so difficult
Oh good point. I have no idea, I don't think we know this. I always thought they moved out on their own but living with his side of the family is definitely possible.
I agree, it's not uncommon at all and their family has a large enough house so why not? if it works for them I really have no issue with it.

Thanks for telling me about the houses on the market! That's pretty pricey to be honest. Grace has some savings I'm assuming, but it's not enough to buy a house, nor for a down payment. And it's really difficult getting a mortgage when you work like her (self employed). And considering his fiance is just getting started he probably doesn't earn that much yet, so for him as well a large mortgage would be difficult.
Taking this into consideration I could really see them staying with Grace's family for a while until perhaps they have saved up more money and he has a better income so they can pay for a house easier.

But I guess it also depends on how soon they want kids? Because that would really change a lot as well

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.