Grackle #3 Barely dated and married off. Zoe Sugg must be devastated

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Usually just lurk here, I found Grace via Taz's food challenge videos in lockdown. I wouldnt have sort her out otherwise as her vibe has always been [under the surface] a bit too happy clappy church, Grace getting engaged however has brought me out into the light.

So many ask why marriage and not just a boyfriend to fool around with and grow up about with? Her church is evidently very strict in many areas, modesty, chastity etc. Basically heavy in areas where women are controlled and that isn't common place in most of the western world in the 21st century (thankfully)

All of the booth children will have been dating with the sole intention of marrying. Almost all unions are a sort of semi modern match making to find a suitable spouse with someone who is in their church or another church and willing to join theirs. No hinge etc. What would be the point, unlikely to meet someone wanting to marry within a year who was also a committed Christian.

People ask why she didnt get her own flat, i though it was glaringly obvious Grace was never going to live outside her family unit until marriage. Regarding her employment the women's careers are ones which will fit around supporting their husband and raising children. No surgeons or lawyers amongst the women in that congregation. She has never had any interest in getting her own place and having a big career, it is just not in the life plan for those women. If she wants it great, but it is unlikely the alternative was ever even discussed as an option.
A girl at my school went to one of these churches, she married as soon as she turned 18 to a man (who actually supervised youth in the church) he was in his very early thirties, meaning she completed the last year of a school as a married woman. It was odd, none of this sending a letter home to your parents about xyz, instead a letter was sent home to her husband. She only wore a gold band at school, no engagement ring and the engagement was only a couple of months. Sometimes she was called Mrs.X on forms etc. and got all flustered.

She stated she had counselling within the church to prepare her for marriage (boot camp) what to expect, what would be expected of her, how to resolve arguments (obey) what his goals were for their life and how to support him, what would happen if she couldn’t carry a child, there was a part where each had to confess any sexual experiences (sins) they had prior to getting engaged, she had none he had...some. Not that odd as he was in his thirties, what was odd was how they met and how her parents (and the teachers) all seemed positively elated with this blessed match - all done before she got too old and too opinionated to be considered a good choice of a supportive wife. :sick:

If anyone voiced concerns that this was all a bit weird, they were labelled jealous. The couple had known each other for a few years by this stage, he was the youth leader after all, no one was rushing into anything! It was the right time for him to be thinking of marrying, no mention of whether it was the right time for her but that's extreme religion for you.

Obviously she left straight after exams to be a traditional wife. No intention of ever working outside the home. Ever. If he died she would mourn for a suitable period and then another match would be found (another widow) all this was discussed. Interestingly if she died he would not have to restrict himself to a widow.

All this was talked about at length during school breaktimes, over glasses of milk and cookies 🙃 Seems like another world remembering it all now.

Other similarities she also didn't wear make up, kept her hair long, never coloured it, wore lots of dungarees and frilly blouses, long fluffy cardis with cats on. Overall extremely modest (kids TV presenter) dress much like Grace. Only jewellery was the ring and a cross. No Halloween, no films or books with magic or witchcraft allowed and social media was all monitored by her parents. She had never seen an 18 rated film and her parents kept an eye on what books she read (no 50 shades of grey for instance) also no love island.
She did really well in her exams and could have gone far if she had wanted to. No idea what she does now as she disappeared into her wife life while all went to uni. she became a sort of celebrity for that last year of school. I often wonder if she enjoyed this more than the marriage.
It is not as uncommon as many here think, if your family is all in then you risk being shunned by your entire support system if you leave. People out of the community are pitied, there are no broken homes or lonely singles in the church, but that doesn't mean they are all happy homes.

Also regarding being accepting of LGBTQA+ there is a lot of love the sinner hate the sin. Anyone can go pray, worship and see for themselves wjay it could be like to be in the chosen community, but you would soon get the message. They also don't like members to be unmarried past early twenties, men can get a pass for a while longer of they are sorting out a career in order to be a good provider etc. They like people to be settled early, and get cracking on raising families.

Seems mad to see it all play out on YouTube Grace really does seem like a twenty five year old child in so many aspects. My personal thoughts are that she will marry first, then talk about the wedding in retrospect [out of excitement] as she clearly yearns to be a wife now that her siblings are married. I predict himself will never be shown, she might start working at church, maybe within youth more or child care - all within the church where further study and qualifications won't be necessary. If she likes the reality of being a wife, indeed being a traditional Christian wife only time will tell.

With reference to her irritating radio silence on socials and viewers(quite rightly) complaining about it, well her hardcore fans defend her so fiercely simply because she seems like a child (a six foot tall child!) and there is an instinctive desire to protect children from any meanness. All the cuddly toy arrangements and child like dungaree outfits give her the illusion of being a sheltered teenager, not a woman in her mid twenties who dipped her toes in catwalk modelling even travelling overseas for it, now has a baking degree and a healthy savings pot to her name. I desperately hope the infantile persona is all an act for tiktok and she isn't as naive as she presents. Thinking about it any other way is uncomfortable.

Now, back to her terrible habit of nibbling overpriced pastries.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
What surprises me about the Amsterdam video is the fact that it aims to be food-focused, yet she's not chosen the most exciting or unique places to eat at. She'll go out of her way to try viral TikTok food in London but eats pasta, pizza, ramen and Vietnamese food in Amsterdam, all of which she could find anywhere in London. Feels really shallow to me.
Grace is as picky as a 5 year old she never likes trying new things or really challenging herself or immersing herself in the place where she is unless it's for a challenge or trend. She goes panera at least once whenever she goes to nyc

Reactions: 8
what surprises me is that she didn't give us an explanation on why she didn't post the last vlogmas. if your going to do vlogmas at least be committed in posting throughout the month and if not at least give your fans an explanation and not going silent without giving an explanation. This leaves me to believe she really doesn't appreciate her subscribers as there isn't any communication between her and her followers.

Reactions: 12
it's a dangerous game when people get invested in your life because they'll dig and dig until they find out why you're missing. the last time someone stopped vlogmas and dropped off the face of the earth was elle darby, people got so nosy they found racist tweets and she was (rightly) shunned for the best part of a year!

Reactions: 12
Rather than the radio silence she should have said "I was ill, I took time off over the break" or some other excuse.

Reactions: 7
Rather than the radio silence she should have said "I was ill, I took time off over the break" or some other excuse.
Going on and on all year about Xmas, vlogmas etc abs then not even completing it was ridiculous. The Amsterdam vlog was boring, as other people have said she films her (overly up close) face rather than showing the city so much. And the only things she properly showed the name of (unless I hVe missed it) were those she didn't recommend

it's a dangerous game when people get invested in your life because they'll dig and dig until they find out why you're missing. the last time someone stopped vlogmas and dropped off the face of the earth was elle darby, people got so nosy they found racist tweets and she was (rightly) shunned for the best part of a year!
Yeh, which is already happening with people speculating about the church she is in really

I could not agree more! I’m one of her subscribers BECAUSE she used to do Christmas and stuff like Christmas in July.
I am totally sick of now hearing her harp on about how much she love’s Christmas, when in reality she can’t be arsed doing anything but bare minimum.
As a protest I’ve not watched her latest vid. I can get the gist of it from reading here anyway. It’ll just be another close up of her face anyway.

Reactions: 14
I could not agree more! I’m one of her subscribers BECAUSE she used to do Christmas and stuff like Christmas in July.
I am totally sick of now hearing her harp on about how much she love’s Christmas, when in reality she can’t be arsed doing anything but bare minimum.
As a protest I’ve not watched her latest vid. I can get the gist of it from reading here anyway. It’ll just be another close up of her face anyway.
she put no effort in her vlogmas vlogs this year. I've been a long time viewer and loved watching her vlogmas vlogs throughout the years but this year it feels forced and doesn't have the Christmassy vibe like zoella's vlogmas.

Could have sworn she's done a few of the exact same vlog already? Sorry Grace, not doing your annual Christmas vlog is unforgiveable

Reactions: 4
Maybe there's no Christmas vlog because the family all fell out or something 🤣 or she's just being petty and withholding it. Too late to post it now anyway.

Reactions: 3
Ugh her insta story is her obsessing about foods she ate as a kid. She really is hung up on her childhood in a way that’s odd.

Reactions: 11
I’ve just found this thread!! Why is she in Amsterdam in all places and with Honor of all people? 😭
I’ll be honest with you, I was convinced for a LONG time that Grace was closeted and either Honor or Taz was her partner …
I know she’s engaged to a guy now but I’m not unconvinced ragardless.

• Wow
Reactions: 16
I’ll be honest with you, I was convinced for a LONG time that Grace was closeted and either Honor or Taz was her partner …
I know she’s engaged to a guy now but I’m not unconvinced ragardless.
is that woman taz is always with her girlfriend> I feel bad for grace is she isn't straight, no way she would come out considering her religious background

Reactions: 1
is that woman taz is always with her girlfriend> I feel bad for grace is she isn't straight, no way she would come out considering her religious background
which one> Do youmean Moon? I think they are just mates

Reactions: 1
just me who never got gay/bi vibes from her though? from grace i mean

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.