Grackle #3 Barely dated and married off. Zoe Sugg must be devastated

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yet she’s best friends with someone who’s openly not supported the LGBTQ+ community…

Performance activism in her videos isn’t the same as actually supporting them.

Coupled with the fact that she’s beyond immature, I don’t think it’s a stretch that she would find it ‘gross’ or ‘unnatural’. She’s probably only recently stopped saying ew when her parents kiss.
If by "she" you mean Grace I seriously doubt G and Taz are "best friends". They are very seldom in each other's videos, Grace doesn't even seem to own Taz's book (come to think of it- I've never seen Grace holding a book??!!) and they seem to be worlds apart regarding pretty much everything. They are also different personality types; Grace extrovert/Taz introvert. And face it, Taz's travelling videos are A LOT more intersting than Grace's.

---

True, I am sort of surprised she has never brought up ukraine just because i would assume her church had donated money/stuff to them (all.the churches I know about seem to have)
I don't think she even knows where Ukraine is. Like others here have commented she seems very uneducated. Which is strange, having a uni degree and smart parents (or?) and all.

Reactions: 3
If by "she" you mean Grace I seriously doubt G and Taz are "best friends". They are very seldom in each other's videos, Grace doesn't even seem to own Taz's book (come to think of it- I've never seen Grace holding a book??!!) and they seem to be worlds apart regarding pretty much everything. They are also different personality types; Grace extrovert/Taz introvert. And face it, Taz's travelling videos are A LOT more intersting than Grace's.
Calm down, looney fruit (apt name because you’re barking), I was clearly talking about Honor & Grace. I made no reference to Taz 😂

• Haha
You know the one thing that seems odd to me is if her parents really were that reserved would they really let their 16 year old model? I know very little about their religion and religion in general if I’m honest so I could be way off the mark. But I can’t imagine a household holding such strong values and then being like Yepp fly Grace out to New York to walk the runway. Just seems so bizarre!

Reactions: 18
You know the one thing that seems odd to me is if her parents really were that reserved would they really let their 16 year old model? I know very little about their religion and religion in general if I’m honest so I could be way off the mark. But I can’t imagine a household holding such strong values and then being like Yepp fly Grace out to New York to walk the runway. Just seems so bizarre!
She didn't model for very long. I know it wasn't for her but maybe her family also wasn't keen on it.

Reactions: 5
Given her church, their faith, her family, her friends, her upbringing. Sorry but why would she be any different and be in support of the LGBTQ+ community or even women's rights? Why? Because she's in her mid 20s and has a youtube channel? Because you want to like her more? Because it's awful to realize someone you have followed for years may not be in line with your own beliefs?
It's not that hard to imagine what she's like behind closed doors taking everything into consideration. I really don't see why she's any different. If she was, we would know (for example: she wouldn't be still going to her church all the time, marrying within her circle...).

I still think their church looks quite a lot like Jehova's to be honest. From the things you guys have shared it looks a lot like what I hear from my family. As i said before, half of my family is Jehovah's witness. I love them incredibly much but I always feel like I can not be myself when I am around them. How I view the world is very very different from them. But we have an understanding. They can talk about things they do for their religion and I am open to listening, of course as it's important to them, as long as they don't try to ~convey~ it onto me, which thankfully they never have. And they never ask about things like dating, sexuality...

I don't know, I always feel like there is a lot of overlap between them, how they view things. Of course I understand their starting point is different and what not.
What do you guys think?
You're fortunate not to have been shunned if you left.

Yes i think you're right there are many parallels, also see Tom Cruise cult (I dare not write its name!) Her church is more a community that separates from the others then anything else and can seem to outsiders as a (little) bit culty. They probably, honestly believe they are very welcoming.

The women all dressed modestly, no make up, long uncoloured hair, no big career that would take their attention and time away from marriage / children, all are pure prior to a marriage to a church match at a young age before they get too much (any??) real life experience. All of their social life revolves around the church community, all of their family is in the church community, spare time taken up with mostly church community volunteering.

How did your family in the Witness' feel about the pandemic? I understand a lot of similar organisations felt that it was the start of the armageddon, didn't your relatives try and recruit you - to save you?
I'd love for Grace to do a day of pride eating, a mulit coloured sponge cake with ombre butter icing, rainbow salads or baking her own rainbow bagels or sugar cookies to take to youth; a meal for her family say a graduated rainbow veg pizza, or pretty dyed pasta, a Swiss roll, a huge rainbow snacking board (as she seems to love buffets) something to indicate she was a supporter without having to do anything that wasn't out of her comfort zone, keep it food related and not make a big deal out of it just treat it as a normal cooking video, full of pretty recipes her viewers would like to see. The food tiktoks and insta pages were full of pride recipes, no way she wouldn't have seen.

I think she's quite as they are organising the wedding.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I don't think there will be any wedding prep content that she promised after what happened at Christmas.

I wouldn't be surprised if she marries and moves without really addressing her new surroundings.

Reactions: 8
I don't think there will be any wedding prep content that she promised after what happened at Christmas.

I wouldn't be surprised if she marries and moves without really addressing her new surroundings.
Do we think she’s going to move? I don’t really think she will… I doubt they’ll rent, she just doesn’t seem like the type to rent. I’m sure Grace has enough money for a deposit saved but not too sure about the fiancé as he’s probably not on a great wage, although he is from a wealthy family who might donate it to him. Afaik someone earlier in the thread said that her sister Chloe and her new husband are still living at home while saving for a mortgage so I assume Grace and her husband to be may do the same!

Do we think she’s going to move? I don’t really think she will… I doubt they’ll rent, she just doesn’t seem like the type to rent. I’m sure Grace has enough money for a deposit saved but not too sure about the fiancé as he’s probably not on a great wage, although he is from a wealthy family who might donate it to him. Afaik someone earlier in the thread said that her sister Chloe and her new husband are still living at home while saving for a mortgage so I assume Grace and her husband to be may do the same!
Chloe moved in with her husband before they even got married from what I recall (shocking with their religion). It wasn't long before but I remember her moving out and not being married yet. Maybe they're living with the husband's parents but I didn't hear that anywhere (or maybe they moved back into the booths to save I guess). It's been just Grace and her parents for years now, I know she definitely made content about being sad both her siblings were gone.

I do think she will move. He's not going to commute that long to work in London and to be honest one of the reasons they're getting married is so she can move in with him and it be allowed in the eyes of her church/their Christian beliefs. She's not marrying him just to stay with her folks.

Chloe moved in with her husband before they even got married from what I recall (shocking with their religion). It wasn't long before but I remember her moving out and not being married yet. Maybe they're living with the husband's parents but I didn't hear that anywhere (or maybe they moved back into the booths to save I guess). It's been just Grace and her parents for years now, I know she definitely made content about being sad both her siblings were gone.

I do think she will move. He's not going to commute that long to work in London and to be honest one of the reasons they're getting married is so she can move in with him and it be allowed in the eyes of her church/their Christian beliefs. She's not marrying him just to stay with her folks.
It will be too weird to see Grace go from essentially being a tall 12 year old living at home filming tiktoks and youtube videos to moving in with a man she's known for a little over a year!

Reactions: 17
Chloe moving in with his parents a while ago makes sense, they’re heads of the church so wouldn’t allow anything Grace’s parents wouldn’t. Grace keeps moving rooms, she was upstairs then downstairs in Chloe’s old room and now she’s back in the old room. Jesse’s was the small room she always shows banksy lying in. She said she needed to move and did a room rearranging video again where she got the sofa stuck in the doorway again so they may have come back and taken her old room back over as Chloe and Tom are in a lot of her meal videos.

Reactions: 6
How did your family in the Witness' feel about the pandemic? I understand a lot of similar organisations felt that it was the start of the armageddon, didn't your relatives try and recruit you - to save you?
Hey, sorry it took me so long to reply! I just moved and I'm exhausted 😭
Thank you for your kind question, that's so nice that people take interest.

My family actually takes it very seriously. Haven't heard them speaking of the start of the armaggedon at all actually. They were very careful and respectful, also of my and therefore my family's boundaries (as i'm chronically ill and very fragile). But I guess they are the realistic type? They all got vaccinated each time they got invited, they wore masks, social distancing and staying at home. One of my uncles, he's the eldest brother, is quite a social butterfly and he said the worst thing was for him was not being able to do home visits and be in conversation with people in real life about their religion and not going door to door because even though people are often rude, he also often has good, respectful conversations with people and he gets a lot of satisfaction from it, even if those ppl will never become part of his religion.
My family really tries hard to be kind and giving and they help others. This eldest brother is still hosting an ukrainian family from within their religion, his son had a key role in placing many families (and single ppl of course) with families "of their kind" so to speak. They still do this till today and still send lots of money and goods that way in order to help out.
They definitely didn't try to recruit me. They did try to come up with new ways to reach people, more from at home, as everybody did. These days it's actually quite modern. A different aunt and uncle often can't come to their meetings but these days they also stream it online for those who can't come for various reasons.

Even though I don't agree with them on the religion-part, I do think it's amazing how much they volunteer. The wife of the eldest brother has been volunteering at the homeless center for about 50 years now, cooks meals, cuts their hair, gives them clean clothes and something warm to drink, an ear if they need a chat (and no they don't try to recruit the homeless lmao).

This is why I, unlike some others here, can totally be friends or close to people who do not have the same religion/faith/whatever as me. There is so much more to a person and I think it's important to look for things you like within a person, not ONLY what you dislike. There is always so much to learn from each other. They learn from me, too, because I have a very unique way of looking at things as well and I learn a lot from their modesty and humbleness.

Sorry for the long reply! Hope I kind of answered your question?

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Hey, sorry it took me so long to reply! I just moved and I'm exhausted 😭
Thank you for your kind question, that's so nice that people take interest.

My family actually takes it very seriously. Haven't heard them speaking of the start of the armaggedon at all actually. They were very careful and respectful, also of my and therefore my family's boundaries (as i'm chronically ill and very fragile). But I guess they are the realistic type? They all got vaccinated each time they got invited, they wore masks, social distancing and staying at home. One of my uncles, he's the eldest brother, is quite a social butterfly and he said the worst thing was for him was not being able to do home visits and be in conversation with people in real life about their religion and not going door to door because even though people are often rude, he also often has good, respectful conversations with people and he gets a lot of satisfaction from it, even if those ppl will never become part of his religion.
My family really tries hard to be kind and giving and they help others. This eldest brother is still hosting an ukrainian family from within their religion, his son had a key role in placing many families (and single ppl of course) with families "of their kind" so to speak. They still do this till today and still send lots of money and goods that way in order to help out.
They definitely didn't try to recruit me. They did try to come up with new ways to reach people, more from at home, as everybody did. These days it's actually quite modern. A different aunt and uncle often can't come to their meetings but these days they also stream it online for those who can't come for various reasons.

Even though I don't agree with them on the religion-part, I do think it's amazing how much they volunteer. The wife of the eldest brother has been volunteering at the homeless center for about 50 years now, cooks meals, cuts their hair, gives them clean clothes and something warm to drink, an ear if they need a chat (and no they don't try to recruit the homeless lmao).

This is why I, unlike some others here, can totally be friends or close to people who do not have the same religion/faith/whatever as me. There is so much more to a person and I think it's important to look for things you like within a person, not ONLY what you dislike. There is always so much to learn from each other. They learn from me, too, because I have a very unique way of looking at things as well and I learn a lot from their modesty and humbleness.

Sorry for the long reply! Hope I kind of answered your question?
Interesting to see this perspective!

How dull is the latest vlog? Just going around coffee shops, also I swear her vocab is getting worse and worse. In the "review" of costa she basically jusybsaid the same sentence, same words (milky, milky, milky) over and over again

Reactions: 7
Interesting to see this perspective!

How dull is the latest vlog? Just going around coffee shops, also I swear her vocab is getting worse and worse. In the "review" of costa she basically jusybsaid the same sentence, same words (milky, milky, milky) over and over again
Did someone say milky milky?
1675008676512.png

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I swear she’s done this ‘testing meal delivery kits’ video multiple times already with the exact same companies

Reactions: 9
I tell you what, we haven't heard or seen anything of Papa Booth in a little bit... wonder if everything's ok there? And her brother has been home a lot...

its been well over a month since she announced she was engaged and baited us with potential wedding planning content... have we had anything? of course not apart from casually mentioning she was making some chicken soup for him on a tiktok...

wouldn't surprise me if she just announces one day soon they have married and that will be that :rolleyes:

Reactions: 15
I tell you what, we haven't heard or seen anything of Papa Booth in a little bit... wonder if everything's ok there? And her brother has been home a lot...
He was in a new TiktTok where she was gifted a bunch of cupcakes/cake. I think with his job and her fiance they're just not home together as much. I haven't noticed her brother being home a lot. I have heard her sister's husband's voice a lot in the background of videos. And recently I think I've heard her fiance's voice a bit in the background.. but not Jesse's that much.
its been well over a month since she announced she was engaged and baited us with potential wedding planning content... have we had anything? of course not apart from casually mentioning she was making some chicken soup for him on a tiktok...

wouldn't surprise me if she just announces one day soon they have married and that will be that :rolleyes:
There was a TikTok about the decor she wants at the wedding. But yes, I think there won't be much content about it after what happened at Christmas. She knows the more she mentions the wedding/her fiance the more people will go looking for him online (he would be hard to find now though) so she probably won't cover it as much as she originally planned.

Does anyone else feel like her latest video on meal kit delivery services is really poorly edited? The garish background behind the fonts, the strange intro, poor audio quality on the voice-over? I don't mind a bit of a “homemade” feel to YouTube videos (actually prefer that over super professional setups) but the editing on this one just felt rushed and amateur.

Reactions: 9
Does anyone else feel like her latest video on meal kit delivery services is really poorly edited? The garish background behind the fonts, the strange intro, poor audio quality on the voice-over? I don't mind a bit of a “homemade” feel to YouTube videos (actually prefer that over super professional setups) but the editing on this one just felt rushed and amateur.
It’s quite often the case, her editing style is quite juvenile and the audio is always slightly off between clips

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.