Grackle #3 Barely dated and married off. Zoe Sugg must be devastated

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I always saw it as Grace idolising Taz because she wanted to be her/have her following and looking at her like a big sister to emulate more so than having a crush on her lol

As for her and Honor, I think Grace is the type to have really intense relationships with the few friends she has
But who knows

Reactions: 3
She seems like the type who’d think same sex couples kissing is gross, ngl.

Taz on the other hand…
In all fairness I don’t agree with that, she’s said and demonstrated many times in videos her support for the LGBTQ+ community.

Reactions: 1
In all fairness I don’t agree with that, she’s said and demonstrated many times in videos her support for the LGBTQ+ community.
Yet she’s best friends with someone who’s openly not supported the LGBTQ+ community…

Performance activism in her videos isn’t the same as actually supporting them.

Coupled with the fact that she’s beyond immature, I don’t think it’s a stretch that she would find it ‘gross’ or ‘unnatural’. She’s probably only recently stopped saying ew when her parents kiss.

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
When? The only thing I remember is her saying that was even tangentially related to gay people was when she said Tom Daleys baby is cute. Which means nothing because you can think a baby is cute while also thinking his parents are going to hell :ROFLMAO: I’ve been watching her ages and never heard her say anything in favour of womens rights either

Reactions: 14
She’s never really expressed any personal opinions altogether which is fair when you want to attract as many viewers as possible. What goes on in her head is up for our own interpretation which is great for her as she can’t find herself in a controversy. It’s all about the money and not that much for being an ally for anything actually important.

Reactions: 10
I agree...she plays it safe by not having any opinions on camera but it can also be tricky because people will be looking more closely at the people she surrounds herself with and their views.

Reactions: 4
I agree...she plays it safe by not having any opinions on camera but it can also be tricky because people will be looking more closely at the people she surrounds herself with and their views.
exactly, which is why it is dangerous when she goes absent for long periods as people start to dig and speculate

Given her church, their faith, her family, her friends, her upbringing. Sorry but why would she be any different and be in support of the LGBTQ+ community or even women's rights? Why? Because she's in her mid 20s and has a youtube channel? Because you want to like her more? Because it's awful to realize someone you have followed for years may not be in line with your own beliefs?
It's not that hard to imagine what she's like behind closed doors taking everything into consideration. I really don't see why she's any different. If she was, we would know (for example: she wouldn't be still going to her church all the time, marrying within her circle...).

I still think their church looks quite a lot like Jehova's to be honest. From the things you guys have shared it looks a lot like what I hear from my family. As i said before, half of my family is Jehovah's witness. I love them incredibly much but I always feel like I can not be myself when I am around them. How I view the world is very very different from them. But we have an understanding. They can talk about things they do for their religion and I am open to listening, of course as it's important to them, as long as they don't try to ~convey~ it onto me, which thankfully they never have. And they never ask about things like dating, sexuality...

I don't know, I always feel like there is a lot of overlap between them, how they view things. Of course I understand their starting point is different and what not.
What do you guys think?

• Sad
Reactions: 16
Given her church, their faith, her family, her friends, her upbringing. Sorry but why would she be any different and be in support of the LGBTQ+ community or even women's rights? Why? Because she's in her mid 20s and has a youtube channel? Because you want to like her more? Because it's awful to realize someone you have followed for years may not be in line with your own beliefs?
It's not that hard to imagine what she's like behind closed doors taking everything into consideration. I really don't see why she's any different. If she was, we would know (for example: she wouldn't be still going to her church all the time, marrying within her circle...).

I still think their church looks quite a lot like Jehova's to be honest. From the things you guys have shared it looks a lot like what I hear from my family. As i said before, half of my family is Jehovah's witness. I love them incredibly much but I always feel like I can not be myself when I am around them. How I view the world is very very different from them. But we have an understanding. They can talk about things they do for their religion and I am open to listening, of course as it's important to them, as long as they don't try to ~convey~ it onto me, which thankfully they never have. And they never ask about things like dating, sexuality...

I don't know, I always feel like there is a lot of overlap between them, how they view things. Of course I understand their starting point is different and what not.
What do you guys think?
I agree, I don’t get why people are saying she has been supportive of LGBT before, I’ve certainly never seen her say anything lol

Reactions: 14
I agree, I don’t get why people are saying she has been supportive of LGBT before, I’ve certainly never seen her say anything lol
I don't want to speculate on her support or lack of any group as she literally never talks about any current events. It would shock me if she read a newspaper at all tbh, she strikes me as the kind of person who just doesn't want to face negativity of any kind

I think there’s no way Grace or her church are accepting of the LGBTQ+ community. I’ve yet to see a Christian church, especially of that size, that truly is. Plenty of the more “modern” ones like Grace’s pretend to be welcoming. At the end of the day though, they will not allow LGBT people to be married in their churches, or hold leadership positions, or recognise their partners as spouses. Being tolerated but treated like a second class citizen is not acceptance. And there is no chance that you can be as deep in the church as Grace and her family are without sharing those views.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I just ultimately don't believe a church as strict as hers would permit it. I also don't believe you'd be friends with someone who holds opinions like Honor if you don't hold them yourself. I know that doesn't apply to everything, you are never going to be identical to your friends, but with something as big as this? I don't think you can get on with someone that different.

Reactions: 12
I don't want to speculate on her support or lack of any group as she literally never talks about any current events. It would shock me if she read a newspaper at all tbh, she strikes me as the kind of person who just doesn't want to face negativity of any kind
No she has talked about current issues in the past. I remember her saying she educated herself on matters and posting links down below. But that was a long time ago. Perhaps during the start of the pandemic? Not sure if that was on her main channel or her extra channel though.
However, just because someone educates themselves on matters doesn't mean they agree with them. For example, we can all read about why LGBTQ+ rights are important, but just because we all read the same text doesn't mean we all read, understand and feel the same about said text. I can read it and think i fully agree, but someone from her background may read it and understand the issue and what they come from, but doesn't agree with them/accept it you know what I mean? Just because someone says they educate themselves, doesn't mean they accept or agree with it. There's a big difference.

I just ultimately don't believe a church as strict as hers would permit it. I also don't believe you'd be friends with someone who holds opinions like Honor if you don't hold them yourself. I know that doesn't apply to everything, you are never going to be identical to your friends, but with something as big as this? I don't think you can get on with someone that different.
I think that does make an interesting debate though, right? I am not taking this personally but I am just interested in hearing your opinion. As I said that half of my family is Jehovah AND that i love them very much. Especially 1 set of uncle/aunt I am incredibly fond of. I truly love them wholeheartedly and I know they would do anything for me. But I also know their religion. They don't really talk about it to me unless it's something they are going to do (like attending something) or what they are going to wear... But not like, the deep stuff. Does that mean that I hold these beliefs myself just because I love them? No. That CAN be the same with friends, I think? I have a few very religious friends. Not Grace-level religious friends, but still going to church frequently etc. But we do NOT share the same beliefs. Just like with my family, we have an understanding and we agree to disagree. We can definitely talk about it in respectful matter from both sides and we get on with that incredibly well.
What makes you think that you always hold those beliefs yourself, even just for a little bit? Please note I am not feeling attacked and I am not attacking you in any way, I always value your opinion loads, so I am interested in hearing it 🥰

Reactions: 2
No she has talked about current issues in the past. I remember her saying she educated herself on matters and posting links down below. But that was a long time ago. Perhaps during the start of the pandemic? Not sure if that was on her main channel or her extra channel though.
However, just because someone educates themselves on matters doesn't mean they agree with them. For example, we can all read about why LGBTQ+ rights are important, but just because we all read the same text doesn't mean we all read, understand and feel the same about said text. I can read it and think i fully agree, but someone from her background may read it and understand the issue and what they come from, but doesn't agree with them/accept it you know what I mean? Just because someone says they educate themselves, doesn't mean they accept or agree with it. There's a big difference.

I think that does make an interesting debate though, right? I am not taking this personally but I am just interested in hearing your opinion. As I said that half of my family is Jehovah AND that i love them very much. Especially 1 set of uncle/aunt I am incredibly fond of. I truly love them wholeheartedly and I know they would do anything for me. But I also know their religion. They don't really talk about it to me unless it's something they are going to do (like attending something) or what they are going to wear... But not like, the deep stuff. Does that mean that I hold these beliefs myself just because I love them? No. That CAN be the same with friends, I think? I have a few very religious friends. Not Grace-level religious friends, but still going to church frequently etc. But we do NOT share the same beliefs. Just like with my family, we have an understanding and we agree to disagree. We can definitely talk about it in respectful matter from both sides and we get on with that incredibly well.
What makes you think that you always hold those beliefs yourself, even just for a little bit? Please note I am not feeling attacked and I am not attacking you in any way, I always value your opinion loads, so I am interested in hearing it 🥰
You are born with a bond to family (obvs not for everyone) and it intensifies before you can fully understand their beliefs. You choose friends. It's not comparable IMO. I don't know why you'd gravitate toward someone with polar opposite feelings on a moral level. How could you like someone who believes someone should eternally burn in hellfire just for loving someone of the same sex if you don't feel that way?

Reactions: 6
You are born with a bond to family (obvs not for everyone) and it intensifies before you can fully understand their beliefs. You choose friends. It's not comparable IMO. I don't know why you'd gravitate toward someone with polar opposite feelings on a moral level. How could you like someone who believes someone should eternally burn in hellfire just for loving someone of the same sex if you don't feel that way?
Exactly this, there are some things that are just not things you “agree to disagree” on! Not sharing the same beliefs about god/s and the afterlife is one thing; those are philosophical questions. Believing that a good and honest person is bound for damnation because of who they love is another thing entirely. That is not something I could personally look past. I am not even part of the LGBTQ+ community, but I couldn’t have any meaningful relationship shop with someone who held such archaic views towards them.

Edited to add: I appreciate being able to respectfully discuss stuff like this here while Grace is boring us all to death!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
It’s a difficult one tbh, I do think it is possible to be firends with someone who has opposing views on LGBT issues though. I’m not anti LGB in any way, but I am gender critical and believe strongly in the preservation of single sex spaces. I have not found there to be an issue with any of my friends who would strongly describe themselves as being ‘allies’, yet I do know that there are some people out there who would call me a raging transphobe for my beliefs.
That said, I’m not religious and don’t think trans people should burn in hell so who knows

Reactions: 8
At the end of the day, it comes down to how each person feels individually. I couldn’t be friends with a homophobe or pro-life, but I know some people who have no issues with their friends beliefs. I just feel so strongly about gay rights and rights to abortion and feminism that I simply couldn’t be around someone who felt different.
I want to add that if Grace miraculously was pro-LGBTQ+ and explicitly said that on her channel, it would be great for breaking this stigma that religion always equals homophobia.
I honestly also totally agree with what someone said that Grace seems like the type of person to not read the news, she lives in a bubble where everything’s cakes and rainbows (not the gay ones hahaha) and jellycats. It wouldn’t be good for her brand to be otherwise considering so many people watch her for comfort and would be weirded out if she brought up war in Ukraine or Covid death rates

At the end of the day, it comes down to how each person feels individually. I couldn’t be friends with a homophobe or pro-life, but I know some people who have no issues with their friends beliefs. I just feel so strongly about gay rights and rights to abortion and feminism that I simply couldn’t be around someone who felt different.
I want to add that if Grace miraculously was pro-LGBTQ+ and explicitly said that on her channel, it would be great for breaking this stigma that religion always equals homophobia.
I honestly also totally agree with what someone said that Grace seems like the type of person to not read the news, she lives in a bubble where everything’s cakes and rainbows (not the gay ones hahaha) and jellycats. It wouldn’t be good for her brand to be otherwise considering so many people watch her for comfort and would be weirded out if she brought up war in Ukraine or Covid death rates
True, I am sort of surprised she has never brought up ukraine just because i would assume her church had donated money/stuff to them (all.the churches I know about seem to have)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.