Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

jackolantern

VIP Member
I often find very devout Christians to be some of the biggest hypocrites going tbh. I'm not saying everyone religious before anyone comes for me, but definitely commonplace. Love all others except if they don't fit your narrow guidelines of what God has decided humans should be.

• Heart
Reactions: 25

kissfm

Burnout from tasting pastries😭 wish that was me honestly. She’s bored, she’s engaged, she’s earned enough money for a down payment for a house and she can’t wait to settle down to be a good Christian wife and mum is the more appropriate term for what she’s experiencing

• Haha
Reactions: 24

mfch

it's weird to me she's marrying someone she's never lived with. I just can't imagine that or how it would lead to a happy life. You learn so much about someone when you actually have to do life with them, the day in day out monotony. Surely marrying someone without really knowing how they live is marrying and idealised version of that person.

polarbearninja

It’s so interesting reading everyone’s thoughts on here! I’ve been a silent follower for a while. I used to love Grace during the lockdowns and found her a breath of fresh air compared to the normal influencer slog. But found I became less interested in her videos as I think she became less interested in making them. But I have such a different opinion than a lot on here. I think it’s all an act. Don’t get me wrong she’s clearly young at heart and a bit childish etc. But I actually think she is far more intelligent than we realise and outside of YouTube has a whole life we know nothing about. I think lots of YouTubers start with showing a little of their life till eventually you know everything about them. Grace is almost like the opposite, I could tell you very little about her other than the tid bits of informations that she lets us know about and even then you don’t always get an update further along. I think she does way more ‘community’ stuff whether church related or not than we will ever know! I must admit she’s irritating these days but I find her probably a little easier to handle than the influencers promoting absolutely unattainable lives for most!
What I respect the most about Grace is she has never (to my knowledge) tried to use her platform to promote Christianity or talk about her Christian beliefs very much. She is extremely devout and I imagine that God plays a big part in her life every day and she rarely mentions her faith at all. She volunteers at church a lot and goes to mass every Sunday (even if away from her locality). I just respect that she keeps that away from the camera and isn't trying to convert anyone (like many Christians do).

• Heart

sourlemons202121

I caaaan’t she looks like a child trying on her mums rings 😭

On a diff topic do we think this commenter is a weirdo making things up or could that really be the case?
That seems like weird nonsense to me. No one who works in healthcare would post information like that publicly, it’s a huge breach of confidentiality.

polarbearninja

Out of interest, when has Honour stated her views? I tend to fast forward past her because she irritates the hell out of me. I honestly don't know how religious folks can continue holding these distorted views on the LGBT+ community
This is what I could find, from a previous Grackle thread:

"Honor had a private instagram and an open twitter page where she posted some anti BLM and homophobic content (I've seen screenshots, no idea how they came about or if they're still circulating). Grace had liked a post that called gay people 'sinners who choose to be gay'. There are a few other claims/rumours that were thrown around on another chat site about a year ago. Someone claimed to know Honor from school and she was the popular girl who bullied others. They did know the name of the school so it seemed somewhat legit. There was also someone saying Honor found out someone in her friend group had attempted suicide, and she proceeded to send them death threats and 'tips'. There were screenshots but they and the post were taken down quickly as it was against that site's rules."

It's hard for me to be sure it's all true without seeing the screenshots or old threads that were deleted. I wouldn't be that surprised but I am not going to just take it as fact either.

I was going to look at who Grace follows on IG to see if she follows many LGBT people but she follows no one at all. I know she definitely used to follow people. She must have unfollowed everyone because she didn't want people looking just like I tried to :p

• Wow
  • Sad

Harhei

December 30th: ‘Help! Anyone know how to get slime out of a diamond engagement ring?’

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23

opal73

VIP Member
Scary shit isn't it. I feel like Papa Booth has an entirely different side to him to that on her YouTube. Don't get me wrong I'm sure he's a lovely Dad, but I imagine he can be very strict/overbearing on the faith side. Backs up that article posted about him ages ago saying he was a super strict headteacher too. Hard to imagine that with how he is on her videos.
There was a glimpse of that in an old vlog, she was trying on a top and it showed more of her chest than what she normally wears and he acted weirdly scandalised (her whole family did) and immediately made her go take it off lol. If he acted like that to his adult daughter, really not surprised he made such a fuss over uniforms as headteacher. Yep he's definitely overbearing

• Wow
  • Sick

sourlemons202121

Is it weird that if I were in the UK, I’d consider going to the church to see if I could see any Booths in action? Not in like a stalker way, just in a low key curiosity way. But that’s probably how the Jesus people get you. Come for the influencer, stay for the . . . salvation. Which is fine, as long as Grace doesn’t think she’s doing any kind of ministry with her work or whatever.
It’s worth noting I’m high right now 😂☠

• Haha

ariawyn

I do think she plays up the ditzy thing for the camera but, uh, she’s still the woman who whisked the bath, so how much exactly she plays it up is definitely a mystery.

• Haha

Swipeupyouguys

VIP Member
Usually just lurk here, I found Grace via Taz's food challenge videos in lockdown. I wouldnt have sort her out otherwise as her vibe has always been [under the surface] a bit too happy clappy church, Grace getting engaged however has brought me out into the light.

So many ask why marriage and not just a boyfriend to fool around with and grow up about with? Her church is evidently very strict in many areas, modesty, chastity etc. Basically heavy in areas where women are controlled and that isn't common place in most of the western world in the 21st century (thankfully)

All of the booth children will have been dating with the sole intention of marrying. Almost all unions are a sort of semi modern match making to find a suitable spouse with someone who is in their church or another church and willing to join theirs. No hinge etc. What would be the point, unlikely to meet someone wanting to marry within a year who was also a committed Christian.

People ask why she didnt get her own flat, i though it was glaringly obvious Grace was never going to live outside her family unit until marriage. Regarding her employment the women's careers are ones which will fit around supporting their husband and raising children. No surgeons or lawyers amongst the women in that congregation. She has never had any interest in getting her own place and having a big career, it is just not in the life plan for those women. If she wants it great, but it is unlikely the alternative was ever even discussed as an option.
A girl at my school went to one of these churches, she married as soon as she turned 18 to a man (who actually supervised youth in the church) he was in his very early thirties, meaning she completed the last year of a school as a married woman. It was odd, none of this sending a letter home to your parents about xyz, instead a letter was sent home to her husband. She only wore a gold band at school, no engagement ring and the engagement was only a couple of months. Sometimes she was called Mrs.X on forms etc. and got all flustered.

She stated she had counselling within the church to prepare her for marriage (boot camp) what to expect, what would be expected of her, how to resolve arguments (obey) what his goals were for their life and how to support him, what would happen if she couldn’t carry a child, there was a part where each had to confess any sexual experiences (sins) they had prior to getting engaged, she had none he had...some. Not that odd as he was in his thirties, what was odd was how they met and how her parents (and the teachers) all seemed positively elated with this blessed match - all done before she got too old and too opinionated to be considered a good choice of a supportive wife. :sick:

If anyone voiced concerns that this was all a bit weird, they were labelled jealous. The couple had known each other for a few years by this stage, he was the youth leader after all, no one was rushing into anything! It was the right time for him to be thinking of marrying, no mention of whether it was the right time for her but that's extreme religion for you.

Obviously she left straight after exams to be a traditional wife. No intention of ever working outside the home. Ever. If he died she would mourn for a suitable period and then another match would be found (another widow) all this was discussed. Interestingly if she died he would not have to restrict himself to a widow.

All this was talked about at length during school breaktimes, over glasses of milk and cookies 🙃 Seems like another world remembering it all now.

Other similarities she also didn't wear make up, kept her hair long, never coloured it, wore lots of dungarees and frilly blouses, long fluffy cardis with cats on. Overall extremely modest (kids TV presenter) dress much like Grace. Only jewellery was the ring and a cross. No Halloween, no films or books with magic or witchcraft allowed and social media was all monitored by her parents. She had never seen an 18 rated film and her parents kept an eye on what books she read (no 50 shades of grey for instance) also no love island.
She did really well in her exams and could have gone far if she had wanted to. No idea what she does now as she disappeared into her wife life while all went to uni. she became a sort of celebrity for that last year of school. I often wonder if she enjoyed this more than the marriage.
It is not as uncommon as many here think, if your family is all in then you risk being shunned by your entire support system if you leave. People out of the community are pitied, there are no broken homes or lonely singles in the church, but that doesn't mean they are all happy homes.

Also regarding being accepting of LGBTQA+ there is a lot of love the sinner hate the sin. Anyone can go pray, worship and see for themselves wjay it could be like to be in the chosen community, but you would soon get the message. They also don't like members to be unmarried past early twenties, men can get a pass for a while longer of they are sorting out a career in order to be a good provider etc. They like people to be settled early, and get cracking on raising families.

Seems mad to see it all play out on YouTube Grace really does seem like a twenty five year old child in so many aspects. My personal thoughts are that she will marry first, then talk about the wedding in retrospect [out of excitement] as she clearly yearns to be a wife now that her siblings are married. I predict himself will never be shown, she might start working at church, maybe within youth more or child care - all within the church where further study and qualifications won't be necessary. If she likes the reality of being a wife, indeed being a traditional Christian wife only time will tell.

With reference to her irritating radio silence on socials and viewers(quite rightly) complaining about it, well her hardcore fans defend her so fiercely simply because she seems like a child (a six foot tall child!) and there is an instinctive desire to protect children from any meanness. All the cuddly toy arrangements and child like dungaree outfits give her the illusion of being a sheltered teenager, not a woman in her mid twenties who dipped her toes in catwalk modelling even travelling overseas for it, now has a baking degree and a healthy savings pot to her name. I desperately hope the infantile persona is all an act for tiktok and she isn't as naive as she presents. Thinking about it any other way is uncomfortable.

Now, back to her terrible habit of nibbling overpriced pastries.

• Heart

gisellejoly

Magic Circle NQ salary is circa £125,000 so it's not bad
He doesn't work for a magic circle firm. He's training to be a barrister and works as a case worker in a very unglamorous looking criminal defence firm in a suburban area of London. Criminal law is a vocation, and he wont be earning anything close to the region of 100k+. (For example, his firm is currently advertising pupillage with salaries of 24k). The vast majority of lawyers are not on magic circle money.

Did anyone see Grace's recent instagram video about how harmful the modelling industry was for her and how angry she is about how toxic it continues to be? It was nice to see. She seems truly passionate about this topic, and it's a very relevant topic in general for women these days. Definitely would rather hear her talk about things like this on her channel rather than just supermarkets!!

• Heart
Reactions: 22

emm

VIP Member
I have said it before and I will say it again (and not just about Grace) there is no point acting as if being an influencer is a real job when there is NO job on earth you could just not turn up to with no explanation and not be sacked

jackolantern

VIP Member
I still can't find him, can someone just link him already? We non-detectives here are all dying to take a look. If he has it up on his public FB or IG this is public knowlegde so no need to be secret. If he wants to be so private he wouldn't have FB or anything else anyway.
They are private, it’s literally a tiny photo of his face or his profile photo on FB. There really isn’t anything to see, just a brunette nerdy bloke with glasses. Imagine Graces type and it’s exactly that. I don’t think we are supposed to link people who aren’t influencers.

I will admit. I genuinely don't think she has an eating disorder (coming from someone who did for years and was too afraid to even touch certain foods without gloves on in case calories stayed on my fingers, like butter etc).

However, her lost footage problem is a weird red flag. You can't lose footage on a regular basis. I've watched some YouTubers for years and they've probably lost footage once in their whole decade of making videos. Grace does it every couple of days.

She's either incredibly dense and doesn't click record or she purposefully deletes footage -- she's not losing the footage. And I want to know why she's deleting footage so regularly

• Heart

Grumpuss

Yeah definitely. The type of church they're part of is one with the creepy charismatic born again vibe. Much more of a lifestyle than c of e or other more traditional veins of Christianity. I did some snooping and her sister and her husband (whose family run the church) have some kind of weird family/marriage guidance self-help side hustle going on. Seems like a major working hard on making an arranged union run smoothly (through faith?) angle rather than honeymoon phase bliss ☹

I mean I'm obviously the actual creepy one snooping on a smalltime influencer's family members 🫣😅 but it's just so intriguing and gives some insight into this type of relationship which is very alien to me. Also I'm nosy and a judge-y bitch 🤣

• Wow
  • Haha

jackolantern

VIP Member
Here’s the video for anyone who doesn’t have access
Funny isn’t it how she can have a normal, adult voice when she’s trying to be taken seriously. Shows the childish, screeching, giggling TikTok banter voice is all an act.

anastasia1989

I have had the realisation that by next vlogmas Grace will (most likely) be married and living with her husband. I cannot even imagine it.