Grackle #2 Infantalisation and bakery reviews - will pretending to be fifteen get me more views?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am watching her latest vlog in France, not sure if this is me being stupid but she says "I have really migged it off wearing trousers it is so hot" (or something similar... this is the totally wrong use of this (awful) phrase isn't it?

I am watching her latest vlog in France, not sure if this is me being stupid but she says "I have really migged it off wearing trousers it is so hot" (or something similar... this is the totally wrong use of this (awful) phrase isn't it?
English is my third language, so I don't understand. Can you explain it to me?

Reactions: 1
I second this, I don’t get It either.
English is also not my first language 😅
I don’t get it. English IS my first language 😂😂
ok, some people say ‘he mugged me off’, it’s a younger person saying and people are saying Grace doesn’t seem to have used it right. I’m assuming it’s autocorrected to migged unless Im completely wrong!

Reactions: 5
I don’t get it. English IS my first language 😂😂
ok, some people say ‘he mugged me off’, it’s a younger person saying and people are saying Grace doesn’t seem to have used it right. I’m assuming it’s autocorrected to migged unless Im completely wrong!
Sorry yes, autocorrect i meant mugged. But mugged off means like you said

Ah I see. It's still a bit confusing to me but I get the point I think? :ROFLMAO: Emm meant you don't say it about a pair or jeans but rather about a person?

To be ‘made a mug’ or ‘made a mug of’ you are made to look stupid, what she said doesn’t make sense but this is what she means. If you’ve been ‘mugged off’ you’ve been tricked or hustled.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
She does this all the time, tries to use street lingo to sound cool, uses it wrong and just looks a twit. She tries too hard to be quirky and cool, she should just be herself, it doesnt suit.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
To be ‘made a mug’ or ‘made a mug of’ you are made to look stupid, what she said doesn’t make sense but this is what she means. If you’ve been ‘mugged off’ you’ve been tricked or hustled.
People always use it the way she has, I’ve heard so many people say ‘I’ve mugged myself off by doing X’ 🤣

People always use it the way she has, I’ve heard so many people say ‘I’ve mugged myself off by doing X’ 🤣
I was referring to the comment where someone says Grace said “"I have really mugged it off wearing trousers it is so hot" - I’ve never heard anyone say they’ve ‘mugged it off’ though I’m aware ‘mugged myself off’ is common

Reactions: 8
I was referring to the comment where someone says Grace said “"I have really mugged it off wearing trousers it is so hot" - I’ve never heard anyone say they’ve ‘mugged it off’ though I’m aware ‘mugged myself off’ is common
Yessss this what u meant, it was the "it"in the middle that makes no sense

Reactions: 4
Her latest ticktocks are really short and obviously just random footage set to videos so she has something to post (and I swear she's used that footage of the cake before). Besides her stupid wifi one (does she think that is funny or cute?). Not like her ticktocks are high quality anyways, but it seems lazy, even for her.

I have no idea about income from tiktok, is it similar to youtube? If so, I would imagine she will just start posting there and stop on youtube, much less effort. That wifi thing :rolleyes: I mean we went to space decades ago, it is hardly something to compare anything modern too anyway

Reactions: 2
I have no idea about income from tiktok, is it similar to youtube? If so, I would imagine she will just start posting there and stop on youtube, much less effort. That wifi thing :rolleyes: I mean we went to space decades ago, it is hardly something to compare anything modern too anyway
She acts like she's the first person who's thought it as well, I've heard literally so many people say make similar comparisons.

She has a lot of views on TikTok and I'm sure she makes some money from sponsored posts but I'm not sure if it's more than youtube although she does get more views there. To my understanding it takes a lot to make a lot of money on tiktok and you really have to go for sponsorships and have millions of followers but a single tiktok with millions of views alone doesn't pay much.

I don't use TikTok but I know the app of course. How does one make money apart from sponsorships? Because there are no other ADs before/during watching tiktoks right? (like w/ YT)
Does she do sponsored content on TikTok?

I don't use TikTok but I know the app of course. How does one make money apart from sponsorships? Because there are no other ADs before/during watching tiktoks right? (like w/ YT)
Does she do sponsored content on TikTok?
Tiktok has ads in general when you're scrolling, not specifically tied to a creator. They have a creator fund that pays out based on views.

Did she ever address why she's no longer allergic to dairy?
nope. really odd, she made a reference to people being criticle about it, iirc, but no explanation. and made a big thing about it as well "not allergic to lactose but dairy"(I say this as someone who is lactose intolerant), explained there is a difference, and then in anotehr moment it was all fine

Has anyone seen her latest video with Jesse?
It’s the most disjointed thing I’ve ever seen. Starting off with asking Jesse what she should have for breakfast and then *while waiting* we got to see her entire dinner process because it was sponsored by Bisto and then it went back to Breakfast? Like wtf Grace ?
It was nice to see Jesse again and his calm energy but the editing in this was horrendous!!!
Work on your timeline babes!

Reactions: 10
I loved Grace in the beginning when she would do the what I eat in a week for dinner and just her cooking in the kichten and her family but end of lockdown she changed so much, I cant watch her anymore..

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.