Grackle #2 Infantalisation and bakery reviews - will pretending to be fifteen get me more views?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am watching her day in the life of a 1950s housewife video, where on earth did she find this "timetable"? Who (except for the very rich, I guess) had meat every day, let alone like that for lunch? Also the irony of her talking about cleaning and wondering "who has the time?", she has ample time to do things like that. I found the video so disappointing as it reminded me of the "eating like..." videos she did in the past which I LOVED, she researched the history etc... this was just lazy, and when her mum pointed out that this was unelily a daily lunch she had no reply except "it was in the timetable"
Oh, that's because she took it from another video and I'm almost willing to guarantee she did zero research on her own. I can't find the exact video with the list, but if you google 1950s house wife for a day the concept has been done more than a few times. Which isn't a problem, really, but there's one that is basically exactly the same as hers. If she had found the list herself somewhere she would have given more information but I think she wanted to downplay the fact that she didn't do the research. If I recall, the list may be American, which might explain the chicken for lunch reference. I wish I could find it! My jaw dropped when I saw her video.

Reactions: 6
I’m sorry but that dramatic disgusted face she pulled while eating the peach cobbler in her new video really gave me the ick. Imagine trying to eat your dessert and you see that across the table
I get the ick from her thumbnail/Instagram face she pulls where she does a massive open mouth smile with all her teeth showing. When she smiles naturally she looks quite pretty but I can’t get over the children’s presenter vibe she seems to have like 50 percent of the time now

Reactions: 8
I’m sorry but that dramatic disgusted face she pulled while eating the peach cobbler in her new video really gave me the ick. Imagine trying to eat your dessert and you see that across the table
even when I loved her videos the way she eats has always grossed me out

Reactions: 4
Just seen the video of her trying the ‘cwassont’ cereal and all I can say is wow she really fell off lmao

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Just had the 1950s housewife video on. Oh my word, erm washing wouldn't have been so wet they had a mangle, and Salisbury steak was the choice as it was cheaper - postwar steak was an expensive treat also why call it a burger?

I could go on, but I won't. Apart from did she call jelly dirty? And has she not heard of trifles without jelly?

Reactions: 5
I’m so bored of her recent videos, that’s it, I’m over it. She has fallen so much from the fun refreshing grace I watched a few years ago. The freebies and ads get them all in the end.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
I’m so bored of her recent videos, that’s it, I’m over it. She has fallen so much from the fun refreshing grace I watched a few years ago. The freebies and ads get them all in the end.
Do you think it's mostly the money, the ""fame"" (views) or the freebies and the ads that makes them change the most? or rather a combination?
These kind of people must have already had quite a big ego to begin with...

Reactions: 3
I can't believe she posted her latest video without having any footage of anyone eating the meal. It's not like she gave us any real footage of preparing the food? And Grace, of course your cobbler isn't cooking, your peaches look like a rock. And not realizing that pickled cucumbers are actually just pickles? OMG. Dying.

I think I'm going to tap out soon, I'm over this enough that I can't even watch cynically. I find it really jarring how she now promotes her alt channel in every single video.

"I was going to add lots of editing to this video but sometimes I prefer not to" - it's not like she edits a lot lately anyways?

Reactions: 7
I can't believe she posted her latest video without having any footage of anyone eating the meal. It's not like she gave us any real footage of preparing the food? And Grace, of course your cobbler isn't cooking, your peaches look like a rock. And not realizing that pickled cucumbers are actually just pickles? OMG. Dying.

I think I'm going to tap out soon, I'm over this enough that I can't even watch cynically. I find it really jarring how she now promotes her alt channel in every single video.

"I was going to add lots of editing to this video but sometimes I prefer not to" - it's not like she edits a lot lately anyways?
I haven’t watched her in months, not even cynically, I just sit here to see what dumb tit you guys tell me she’s done now 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Do you think it's mostly the money, the ""fame"" (views) or the freebies and the ads that makes them change the most? or rather a combination?
Well to vlog yourself I think you do have to have a big ego, Grace is no different. Ironic she used to be very reluctant to do ads not even that long ago because she thought it would make her become too unrelatable to her audience and more vloggy, which is exactly what happened.

Well to vlog yourself I think you do have to have a big ego, Grace is no different. Ironic she used to be very reluctant to do ads not even that long ago because she thought it would make her become too unrelatable to her audience and more vloggy, which is exactly what happened.
Agreed. I think what’s noticeable for many vloggers is they start off humble, but then once brands regualry send them gifts or let them have gifted stays at places, their content becomes more about showing us the gifts and stays and less about what we initially watched them for. I initialy came acorss one of Grace’s baking videos and stayed for her refreshing quirkiness. But, since the pandemic began I think her channel is more about consuming giftsall the time.

So she can afford all these trips and afternoon teas but not a green screen? That sleeping bag in the new vid just looks shoddy, it's not even straight at the top and you can see the creases when she replaces the background...

Reactions: 6
I think it's the freebies combined with the amount of money you get relative to the work you put in. It sends the message that you're better than others, you're special and deserve more - which has huge psychological pull. I earn a good salary in the grand scheme of things, but the amount of money I have to spend on enjoyment pales compared to these kinds of people.

• Heart
I think it's the freebies combined with the amount of money you get relative to the work you put in. It sends the message that you're better than others, you're special and deserve more - which has huge psychological pull. I earn a good salary in the grand scheme of things, but the amount of money I have to spend on enjoyment pales compared to these kinds of people.
You said it so well. I also think it's because they are young and suddenly become (quite) wealthy? Of course I'm not sure but I'm assuming that someone like you worked quite long and hard to get into the position you are right now. Meaning, you have had to work your way up or graduate from somewhere good in order to get a decent job and it probably makes you appreciate money and income much more? I think when you are (mentally) very young and suddenly get a lot of disposable income you just become like this? Especially when you already have a big ego, and then lots of people praising you for literally just breathing you know what I mean? When most of us have had to face a lot of hardships and have learned from those experiences and therefore understand the meaning of money and income better and we are also better at planning ahead?
What do you think?

Reactions: 4
Does anyone know who her boyfriend is? I’m so intrigued as her brother and sister married off quite fast and I wonder if she met him in a similar religious setting

Reactions: 2
Does anyone know who her boyfriend is? I’m so intrigued as her brother and sister married off quite fast and I wonder if she met him in a similar religious setting
There are people here who know who her bf is but they (rightfully so!) said they will not say his name. He wants to remain private for a reason and we should respect that. We should not out someone when they don't want that kind of attention. We know he is working in law and that's enough if you ask me. If some day he wants to come out with it that's fine but if he doesn't we shouldn't search for him.
I think they met through a church dating app from what I understood.

What’s the idea behind her latest video? When I saw the title this morning I literally went “WHO CARES?!”
also I just went to double check and it’s gone ? Did I make that up? Wasn’t there a rating GBBO seasons video out ??

What’s the idea behind her latest video? When I saw the title this morning I literally went “WHO CARES?!”
also I just went to double check and it’s gone ? Did I make that up? Wasn’t there a rating GBBO seasons video out ??
I don’t mind having her videos on as a bit of background noise but I can’t bring myself to click on it. Scraping the barrel for ideas now. Who’s going to be bothered for that?

Wait, so the bought a cake for her sister in Harrods but tried it herself. Is she giving her sister a cake with a bite out of it to her sister?

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.