Grackle #2 Infantalisation and bakery reviews - will pretending to be fifteen get me more views?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There are people here who know who her bf is but they (rightfully so!) said they will not say his name. He wants to remain private for a reason and we should respect that. We should not out someone when they don't want that kind of attention. We know he is working in law and that's enough if you ask me. If some day he wants to come out with it that's fine but if he doesn't we shouldn't search for him.
I think they met through a church dating app from what I understood.
I didn’t ask his name

What’s the idea behind her latest video? When I saw the title this morning I literally went “WHO CARES?!”
also I just went to double check and it’s gone ? Did I make that up? Wasn’t there a rating GBBO seasons video out ??
I started watching that yesterday and gave up after 2minutes . So dull

Reactions: 3
I started watching that yesterday and gave up after 2minutes . So dull
I watched it all but it didn't so quickly and was so dull! And again for someone with a baking degree, there was no mention of the different themes or types of baking that she found interesting, it was purely about the people

Reactions: 8
Just watched her couponing video and have had to turn off after about 3 mins how out of touch she is really grates on me. She goes on and on that small/ independent businesses should introduce coupons as a way for people to 'find out what you've to offer'. Does she not realise how hard it is for smaller businesses to survive anyway without having to give people money off, deals & offers? Not to mention someone like her that gets paid for essentially nothing dosen't need money off from insependent companies etc. I know this seems like such a stupid thing to complain about but she just dosent lie in the real world I really don't get it

Reactions: 22
Also her saying that “most countries” have coupons, is bullshit.
I have lived in many European countries….. tis not a thing.
America is the only place where couponing is really big.
Everywhere else at most you get a 50p off on toothpaste or bogof.

Reactions: 7
sorry for the double post but I just finished the video and…. “Snackies for my hot choccy”
Shoot me 🙄

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
Just watched her couponing video and have had to turn off after about 3 mins how out of touch she is really grates on me. She goes on and on that small/ independent businesses should introduce coupons as a way for people to 'find out what you've to offer'. Does she not realise how hard it is for smaller businesses to survive anyway without having to give people money off, deals & offers? Not to mention someone like her that gets paid for essentially nothing dosen't need money off from insependent companies etc. I know this seems like such a stupid thing to complain about but she just dosent lie in the real world I really don't get it
I haven't watched it but I agree, she has NO idea how the real world works, this is why I think getting a job in a bakery or something would be useful

I noticed shes wearing a Clifford Chance fleece in the video. Her boyfriend's I'm assuming. Training contracts with those types of corporate law firms are ridiculously competitive and the hours are so long. WTF does someone who's clearly very ambitious, dedicated and intelligent see in Grace who does nothing week in week out except grift for free food and walk around sainsburys? I can't wrap my head around it. I suppose if he's very religious maybe he doesn't expect women to be driven or smart, that's the only thing I can think of... :sick:

Reactions: 9
I noticed shes wearing a Clifford Chance fleece in the video. Her boyfriend's I'm assuming. Training contracts with those types of corporate law firms are ridiculously competitive and the hours are so long. WTF does someone who's clearly very ambitious, dedicated and intelligent see in Grace who does nothing week in week out except grift for free food and walk around sainsburys? I can't wrap my head around it. I suppose if he's very religious maybe he doesn't expect women to be driven or smart, that's the only thing I can think of... :sick:
Kind of a normal thing a lot of the time. Guys rarely want an ambitious woman who challenges their status as number one. If a guy wants to have a family and a free cleaner and caregiver whilst he can live his ambitious, successful life free of all responsiobility, girls like Grace are the jackpot

Reactions: 12
Kind of a normal thing a lot of the time. Guys rarely want an ambitious woman who challenges their status as number one. If a guy wants to have a family and a free cleaner and caregiver whilst he can live his ambitious, successful life free of all responsiobility, girls like Grace are the jackpot
Yep Grace is the perfect wife for someone like that - not brighter than him, girlish, happy to be a wife and mother (always talking about making her kids packed lunches), not much ambition, family orientated, religious so won’t go partying/drinking without him, likes to cook and potter around doing not very much all day ready to give him all of her attention when he finally gets home. I hope she finds her own passion and sense of purpose before she does get married, it’s clearly not YouTube anymore. There’s nothing wrong with choosing to stay at home but for her own sanity I hope she finds something for herself.

Reactions: 14
Yep Grace is the perfect wife for someone like that - not brighter than him, girlish, happy to be a wife and mother (always talking about making her kids packed lunches), not much ambition, family orientated, religious so won’t go partying/drinking without him, likes to cook and potter around doing not very much all day ready to give him all of her attention when he finally gets home. I hope she finds her own passion and sense of purpose before she does get married, it’s clearly not YouTube anymore. There’s nothing wrong with choosing to stay at home but for her own sanity I hope she finds something for herself.
While if a woman wants that for herself I find no issue, men who want a woman like that scare me. Maybe I'm being presumptuous but I think if a man actively wants a wife with no 'ambitions' other than staying at home, having sex on demand, ironing his clothes and making him food, he's a misogynistic bleep.

Reactions: 21
While if a woman wants that for herself I find no issue, men who want a woman like that scare me. Maybe I'm being presumptuous but I think if a man actively wants a wife with no 'ambitions' other than staying at home, having sex on demand, ironing his clothes and making him food, he's a misogynistic bleep.
I agree that men who want that suck but I doubt he's really like that. Right now Grace probably makes as much money as he does (if not more) and she does film and edit quite a lot (just what she films is samey and very straightforward/ not complex).

She's doing quite well on views/subs so you could argue her YouTube is ambitious even though she doesn't try very hard or diversify her content. Whatever she's doing its working. Her views are higher to some of the older school YouTubers like Louise Pentland

I agree that men who want that suck but I doubt he's really like that. Right now Grace probably makes as much money as he does (if not more) and she does film and edit quite a lot (just what she films is samey and very straightforward/ not complex).

She's doing quite well on views/subs so you could argue her YouTube is ambitious even though she doesn't try very hard or diversify her content. Whatever she's doing its working. Her views are higher to some of the older school YouTubers like Louise Pentland
That's a fair point. I guess I just find it hard to imagine what a mature, professional would see in Grace other than the wifey vibes. She's so bloody childish, not saying she's a bad person at all but I find it so hard to understand what she's bringing to the table in an adult, romantic relationship.

Reactions: 5
That's a fair point. I guess I just find it hard to imagine what a mature, professional would see in Grace other than the wifey vibes. She's so bloody childish, not saying she's a bad person at all but I find it so hard to understand what she's bringing to the table in an adult, romantic relationship.
yeah it is not so much about money, but imagine coming back from working really long hours and asking someone about their day "well I went to Sainrbury's, then I had an afternoon tea.." it would drive me mad personally

• Haha
Reactions: 6
yeah it is not so much about money, but imagine coming back from working really long hours and asking someone about their day "well I went to Sainrbury's, then I had an afternoon tea.." it would drive me mad personally
"I rated supermarket birthday cakes from worst to best and did a TikTok dance, oh by the way, there's some half eaten cake on the bench if you're hungry, what would you give it out of 10?"

• Haha
Reactions: 15
"I rated supermarket birthday cakes from worst to best and did a TikTok dance, oh by the way, there's some half eaten cake on the bench if you're hungry, what would you give it out of 10?"
"how was your day? I feel exhausted after all the dancing"

• Haha
I keep thinking her bfs voice is Jessy! yeah her vlogs are very repetitive, she explores a lot so it would be great if her travel vlogs weren't just her face chatting about food and not showing much else

I was going to say that. Whether you like Graces content or not, fact is, she has a career. She has multiple channels across multiple different platforms, all bringing in income. She is out most days filming content (yes we find it repetitive but it’s still content), editing and posting it as well as managing that. I saw a thing about people looking down on anyone with the word influencer but in reality their job is marketing. Grace works in marketing/video content. As her boyfriend is a trainee lawyer not a fully qualified one and even often fully qualified ones aren’t pulling in big bucks in early days, I would expect Grace is making more than he is. I wish her videos felt more mature and less repetitive but they work for her still and at the end of the day she’s probably making more money than most of us reading too lol

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.