Grackle #2 Infantalisation and bakery reviews - will pretending to be fifteen get me more views?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thanks to @Harhei for the title, not even sure what to recap apart from she seems to be regressing in age, seems to have basically run out of content ideas and seemingly wasting loads of food that she isn't eating.
Anything else to add?

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Does anyone follow her on TikTok? Every few days there’s another one of her awkwardly dancing next to the fam while they look about ready to snap. Her mum seems to have calmed down on the telling her off all the time unless Grace is just editing it out harder, maybe her Mum feels a bit sorry for her too.

Reactions: 8
She appears to have a boyfriend recently but keeps him off camera, however the past few trips appear to be Grace and Honor. Are we sure she still has a boyfriend? She did mention still learning French…

Reactions: 5
Does anyone follow her on TikTok? Every few days there’s another one of her awkwardly dancing next to the fam while they look about ready to snap. Her mum seems to have calmed down on the telling her off all the time unless Grace is just editing it out harder, maybe her Mum feels a bit sorry for her too.
-so cringe, I just looked at it. Her mum especially doesn't seem to want to appear in vlogs etc, but the whole thing is just weird

Reactions: 4
She appears to have a boyfriend recently but keeps him off camera, however the past few trips appear to be Grace and Honor. Are we sure she still has a boyfriend? She did mention still learning French…
She really needs to commit to a narrative, all the vague hinting drives me crazy. If she doesn’t want to tell us things she shouldn’t mention them at all. We never did find out why she had to move into Chloe’s old room downstairs after she kept dropping hints about it.

Reactions: 7
I can't watch her tiktoks i get too much secondhand embarrassment. Idk what her parents think, her in the kitchen all the time filming tiktoks and vlogs like a teenager. Her mum is probably used to it though she probably secretly hopes she will grow out of it.

I just tried to check out her TikTok for the first time in months and I just can't. What isn't super cringe is just weird and extra extra staged feeling.

Also, I noticed this in one of her recent videos - she might be slightly less bling than some other you tubers, but she buys a LOT of clothing. I'm assuming we don't see half of what she buys, but I'm wondering what she even NEEDS that much clothing for if she's not working? I guess to have a new outfit to go to each bakery in? It's blowing my mind.

She does spend an inordinate amount of money - I get that it's for videos but she used to make videos which were relatable because she was semi-normal and didn't go on crazy holidays or buy loads of clothes. Don't get me wrong she's always been insanely privileged, living with her parents near London, her Dad earns loads as a headteacher so they must have always been comfortable but the amount of products/purchases she shows is crazy and unattainable for most as well as feeding into the consumerist culture that you should constantly be buying new things. She made a tiktok recently eating Gail's for the whole day and it cost £33 - could not imagine spending that on food for one day.

also feel like a lot of her tiktoks are bodychecks lol

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
I've watched Grackle for years and still like her but I think what annoys me about her is that her content often seems so lazy and badly planned. For example, I watched her recent Bath video and the voice-over sounds like it was recorded with her crappy laptop microphone. Then she says they're going to the Roman baths, followed by a chunk of text saying they couldn't actually go to the Roman baths because they were fully booked. You would think that if she was visiting Bath specifically for a travel video she would do a little research ahead of time. I feel like she's always doing this; starting a video telling us all the places she's going to go, then later says she couldn't go because it was closed or the vibe was off or whatever. It never used to bother me when youtube was just a hobby for her, but now it's her full time job I wish she would put a little more effort into it. She often complains about feeling like her channel is stagnant and she doesn't know what to do, but she doesn't seem willing to put in the extra work to level up.

On the money topic, it's clear that Grace definitely has a taste for nice hotels, fancy restaurants, and other luxury experiences. And I don't blame her, I love those things too. But I think she'd be better off if she embraced it and positioned herself as more of a premium lifestyle channel, rather than pretending that she's just like the rest of us.

Reactions: 24
I've watched Grackle for years and still like her but I think what annoys me about her is that her content often seems so lazy and badly planned. For example, I watched her recent Bath video and the voice-over sounds like it was recorded with her crappy laptop microphone. Then she says they're going to the Roman baths, followed by a chunk of text saying they couldn't actually go to the Roman baths because they were fully booked. You would think that if she was visiting Bath specifically for a travel video she would do a little research ahead of time. I feel like she's always doing this; starting a video telling us all the places she's going to go, then later says she couldn't go because it was closed or the vibe was off or whatever. It never used to bother me when youtube was just a hobby for her, but now it's her full time job I wish she would put a little more effort into it. She often complains about feeling like her channel is stagnant and she doesn't know what to do, but she doesn't seem willing to put in the extra work to level up.

On the money topic, it's clear that Grace definitely has a taste for nice hotels, fancy restaurants, and other luxury experiences. And I don't blame her, I love those things too. But I think she'd be better off if she embraced it and positioned herself as more of a premium lifestyle channel, rather than pretending that she's just like the rest of us.
was thinking the exact same thing with the Bath video- she seems to do that so often too! Like she’ll have a video dedicated to trying x things and then will only actually end up trying like 2 things with a text box explaining that there was an issue with something she wanted to include. Like wouldn’t you not put the video out if one of the main points couldn’t be included? it comes off as so lazy to me and I feel like it happens at least once a video 😭

Reactions: 15

YouTube is her full time, only job (as far as we can tell) yet the quality is pretty poor and her audio goes from so quiet the TV is blasting when her sudden loud royalty free music cuts in. Please learn how to slow fade and also balance the sound!

Reactions: 13
YouTube is her full time, only job (as far as we can tell) yet the quality is pretty poor and her audio goes from so quiet the TV is blasting when her sudden loud royalty free music cuts in. Please learn how to slow fade and also balance the sound!
As far as I can tell she still edits with iMovie on her Mac, she really needs to invest in a better software, there’s a reason literally every other full time YouTubers does there’s a noticeable difference in the quality

Reactions: 10
One thing that bothers me re the quality of her videos (and I acknowledge this might be over the top) is that there's no consistency in the fonts or any of the visuals. I noticed that on "Grackle Tries" all the headings on the previews were different fonts and sizes, it looked sloppy. And on her most recent Bath video, it was something like "What to see, do, and eat" but the actual video was titled something like "What to do, eat, and see" (I can't be bothered to check for the exact order.). Anyway, she used to do cute little animations and put care into things and now it just looks so half-assed. Which is amazing because it's not like she's working all day. You can bet if I got money for dancing in front of a camera, I'd put a bit of effort into it.

I've been thinking about this and I wonder if it's because part of her 'brand' when she rose to fame was the quick cuts to her laptop camera doing narration, doing the cutesy but low quality transitions, etc. and maybe she's holding onto that?

I think the main problem for me with Grace is her main USP was how down to earth and relatable she was. Once you take that away and she just becomes a consumeristic brat like all the other YouTubers, all the things like how immature and childish she is start really grating on you. Which almost makes her more annoying than them honestly.

Reactions: 14
Anddddd yet another I try a shitton of food to “compare” video.
I bet if you compare the product code, some of the supermarkets are the exact same 🤨

Reactions: 9
The quality was at least a bit better this time but I’m sure there could have been something a bit more interesting than comparing plain own brand vanilla cakes. I feel like this content would only make sense if it was being made by a student - when is Grace’s gap year over again? (When she’s 30? Ever?). It’s giving me whiplash between the luxury hotels and experiences and then comparisons of supermarket stuff. I’d love to see her doing volunteering and making some kind of difference or working on her own business instead of her degree going to waste. Girl needs a part time job.

Reactions: 12
The quality was at least a bit better this time but I’m sure there could have been something a bit more interesting than comparing plain own brand vanilla cakes. I feel like this content would only make sense if it was being made by a student - when is Grace’s gap year over again? (When she’s 30? Ever?). It’s giving me whiplash between the luxury hotels and experiences and then comparisons of supermarket stuff. I’d love to see her doing volunteering and making some kind of difference or working on her own business instead of her degree going to waste. Girl needs a part time job.
definitely, the fact that she (presumably) has never had a full time job outside of youtube and volunteering at church.... I hadn't watched her content in a while, watching the bath one now, she seems to be uploading a lot atm. Surely if youtube is your full time thing you have an upload schedule, i.e. , every Monday/thursday etc ?
I really wonder what her family think, she could do SO much with what she has studied, and yet she does nothing, there are so many jobs in hospitality in the UK at the moment. But even the fact that she never makes her own recipes tc. Without sounding harsh, it is like she learned nothing in her degree?

What is she going to do with all of that leftover cake? There’s only so much you can dish out to your parents and siblings to take to their colleagues or even your neighbours. Those cakes in total could probably serve not far 100 people if you went by the serving size of each cake.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.