Grackle #2 Infantalisation and bakery reviews - will pretending to be fifteen get me more views?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I find the comment weird as I was always under the assumption she does do a lot of their family meals? Maybe it’s just for videos but she does also bake a lot (or used to before going to fancy afternoon teas become the norm lol) Perhaps she used to do a lot more around the house before she got with her mans? Which is understandable? I’m obviously not a fan of Grace but I feel like the comment might have not been that deep. If her parents wanted their meals to be made for them every night I imagine they could come up with an arrangement and I’m sure Grace would be ok with it.

Reactions: 2
I find the comment weird as I was always under the assumption she does do a lot of their family meals? Maybe it’s just for videos but she does also bake a lot (or used to before going to fancy afternoon teas become the norm lol) Perhaps she used to do a lot more around the house before she got with her mans? Which is understandable? I’m obviously not a fan of Grace but I feel like the comment might have not been that deep. If her parents wanted their meals to be made for them every night I imagine they could come up with an arrangement and I’m sure Grace would be ok with it.
But I don't think it needs to be "an arrangement", she may or may not be paying rent (no shame either way, I never paid rent or bills with my parents are I was lucky they didn't need me to and allowed me to save) but I think doing it because you decide to is the nicer thing tbh and that is why I helped doing something I knew I was good at. Also a cake is not the same as getting home after a long day at work (both her parents working in schools must be tiring AF) to an actual meal is it?

Reactions: 5
I found it weird for this reason as well. Obviously have no idea how much she does around the house and how much her parents want her to do, but I was wondering when I watched it whether she had asked her family to make comments because that meal was for an ad - get them to say things like 'nice to come home to a cooked meal' and talk about how delicious it was to help sell the product? I don't know if it was on purpose but something about it felt different to the usual comments she includes from family, less natural.

I am SO GLAD to see Grace using her baking skills but seriously hun, you have a baking degree and you don't understand that when you put a cake in a larger pan it will take less time to cook?!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I am SO GLAD to see Grace using her baking skills but seriously hun, you have a baking degree and you don't understand that when you put a cake in a larger pan it will take less time to cook?!
see my earlier comment about her baking degree and not knowing what a black forest gateau is.. she called it a cherry chocolate cake or something

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
she really isn''t a good ad for whatever that school was is she?
Some of her friends from her course she used to feature seem to be doing okay so I think it’s more a Grace issue than the teaching, I used to like watching the videos where she showed what they’d been up to at Uni as it did seem like a really interesting degree

Reactions: 7
Some of her friends from her course she used to feature seem to be doing okay so I think it’s more a Grace issue than the teaching, I used to like watching the videos where she showed what they’d been up to at Uni as it did seem like a really interesting degree
what are they doing? I agree the course seemed really interesting. The thing is, she just hasn't at all made the most of it, she didn't even need to get a "normal"job there are thousands of great recipe developers who are just on youtube, she just doesn't make the effort

what are they doing? I agree the course seemed really interesting. The thing is, she just hasn't at all made the most of it, she didn't even need to get a "normal"job there are thousands of great recipe developers who are just on youtube, she just doesn't make the effort
Some of them own their own cake making businesses and others are chocolatiers and pastry chefs. it definitely seems like a good course, the bakery school has been open for over 100 years. Grace just got comfortable doing youtube imo. She used to be good at baking. If I remember correctly she made a vlog where she won a national award for a recipe?

I definitely think when someone goes to the effort to study something like baking you tend to have higher expectations for them, like expect them to actually work in baking or become a pastry chef. Social media influencer/youtuber who doesn't even really have any baking content, not so much.

I agree she became comfortable. She did once compete in the alliance for bakery students and trainees and came second iirc and was very proud of herself, but that was back when she was a student. I think when she graduated she was already making good money from youtube, but she could easily still build out a baking niche and still do some puttering at home vlogs in between. There are a few people I follow that don't even have a formal education in baking that are impressive bakers nonetheless.

I definitely think when someone goes to the effort to study something like baking you tend to have higher expectations for them, like expect them to actually work in baking or become a pastry chef. Social media influencer/youtuber who doesn't even really have any baking content, not so much.

I agree she became comfortable. She did once compete in the alliance for bakery students and trainees and came second iirc and was very proud of herself, but that was back when she was a student. I think when she graduated she was already making good money from youtube, but she could easily still build out a baking niche and still do some puttering at home vlogs in between. There are a few people I follow that don't even have a formal education in baking that are impressive bakers nonetheless.
I think it was this competition I was friends with the person who won it (very short friendship we met abroad but kept in contact for a short time after). She did a lot of work to get to where she was and I’m pretty sure winning helped her get a job so I’m surprised coming 2nd didn’t help Grace. Although she probably didn’t bother to try as she had YouTube by then.

She could have done a YouTube channel based around her degree and made a name for herself in the industry, then she'd have had the ease of YT but also something to fall back on when this ends for her (which it will for every influencer). Instead she prats about doing dances for teenagers, fangirling about christmas for 50% of the year, trying supermarket cakes and going to pretentious afternoon teas.

Reactions: 11
She could have done a YouTube channel based around her degree and made a name for herself in the industry, then she'd have had the ease of YT but also something to fall back on when this ends for her (which it will for every influencer). Instead she prats about doing dances for teenagers, fangirling about christmas for 50% of the year, trying supermarket cakes and going to pretentious afternoon teas.
Maybe she didn't enjoy it?

I cannot believe that kate spade gift, are her fans really the kind of people that would buy a bag worth a few hundred pounds? they are all pretty young. Also comments below it saying it was a great job by the PR, was it really? The croissant thing maybe, but a bottle of champagne when she always mentions not drinking alcohol? Either way I do not understand some of these pr companies and what they hope to achieve

I cannot believe that kate spade gift, are her fans really the kind of people that would buy a bag worth a few hundred pounds? they are all pretty young. Also comments below it saying it was a great job by the PR, was it really? The croissant thing maybe, but a bottle of champagne when she always mentions not drinking alcohol? Either way I do not understand some of these pr companies and what they hope to achieve
It’s just advertising for the bargain price of the manufacturing cost of the item plus a few random bits and some packaging. They get to show the new bag to her reasonably sized following, get people discussing it’s existence and it doesn’t cost them much at all compared to professional advertising. I bet there’s a good few girls who are 14-18 who watch and whose parents can afford to get them a cute little kate spade bag as a birthday or Christmas gift. She likely shares lots of fans with bigger channels who get lots more PR offers and may not feature it unless asked by fans if they got one. Her channel gives off big private school girl vibes.

Judging by the comments on her videos I get the impression that the fans are between 20-50 y/o... And the champagne can she probaly give to the parents, her bf, the neighbor...anyone... (almost!) Or drink as it is but dilute it with water and sugar. 😂

Another ‘someone else chooses what I eat’ video in which she complains about almost every choice and tries to convince Jessie to choose something else then doesn’t like most of it… absolutely thrilling
The way I see it is that challenges only work if the other person has a wild imagination! Say for example that Jesse has suggested the following: breakfast: blueberry muffins with sardines on top, lunch: apple and meatball soup, dinner: chicken wings with porridge. There! Now that's a real food challenge for ya! :sick::eek:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Judging by the comments on her videos I get the impression that the fans are between 20-50 y/o... And the champagne can she probaly give to the parents, her bf, the neighbor...anyone... (almost!) Or drink as it is but dilute it with water and sugar. 😂

The way I see it is that challenges only work if the other person has a wild imagination! Say for example that Jesse has suggested the following: breakfast: blueberry muffins with sardines on top, lunch: apple and meatball soup, dinner: chicken wings with porridge. There! Now that's a real food challenge for ya! :sick::eek:
I haven’t watched it but those challenges seem pointless. The one she did where the child chose was a bit more interesting but grace likes most food anyway so it’s hardly a challenge😂

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.