Grackle #2 Infantalisation and bakery reviews - will pretending to be fifteen get me more views?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s a rant thread. There’s a Grackle general/rave thread if you’d prefer to read non critical comments.
I get it that it's a rant thread. I'm just saying that people should at least be consistent with their opinions. It just doesn't make sense to me to criticise people because they do x when they should do y and then when they do y, criticise again because they should be doing x.

Reactions: 4
I get it that it's a rant thread. I'm just saying that people should at least be consistent with their opinions. It just doesn't make sense to me to criticise people because they do x when they should do y and then when they do y, criticise again because they should be doing x.
That isn’t happening though. I honestly doubt anyone cares about her boyfriend, it’s the half in half out. Either say you have a boyfriend and he doesn’t want to be shown/discussed or involve him. But dropping hints like a giggly teen is just bleeping annoying. “My friend” she’s literally 13 years old. She’s dangling the carrot for the attention and it’s really bloody irritating.

Reactions: 15
Literally all she has to say is ‘BF’ and I are in Paris. He doesn’t want to be on camera in my videos.’ She could even say ‘We’re going to refer to him as Mark for future videos. That’s not his name but please respect his privacy.’. It’s the ‘I’m solo travelling! By the way here’s a video where someone else is in the background, someone else is holding the camera, you can see them on the edge of all my shots and hear clips of him talking but I am ALONE right now’. Or she could just try harder to not include him in any videos. It’s the half-in half-out thing that annoys everyone.

Reactions: 23
Literally all she has to say is ‘BF’ and I are in Paris. He doesn’t want to be on camera in my videos.’ She could even say ‘We’re going to refer to him as Mark for future videos. That’s not his name but please respect his privacy.’. It’s the ‘I’m solo travelling! By the way here’s a video where someone else is in the background, someone else is holding the camera, you can see them on the edge of all my shots and hear clips of him talking but I am ALONE right now’. Or she could just try harder to not include him in any videos. It’s the half-in half-out thing that annoys everyone.
Exactly this. She wants the attention that comes with it, but not to actually share anything substantial.

Reactions: 9
Yeah, we don't care whether or not she shows him or not. That's not the point. It's half in/half out that's extremely annoying and also her alluding to travelling solo when she's clearly not that feels dishonest. I don't care if she's dating or not. A YTer I follow recently got married and announced it in a video, I didn't even know she was seeing anyone let alone they were dating for over 10 years. It doesn't matter that we never knew. She never mentioned it at all and, of course, I was very happy for her. There are plenlty of people who don't share anything personal online, that's fine. This is not and I think at the end of the day her being dishonest and disrespectful towards her viewers is what's going to slowly kill of her channel.

Reactions: 10
You do realize there’s about 20 different people posting on this thread, all with different opinions lmfao? We’re not always going to agree with each other so to moan that there isn’t consistency with our opinions is just ridiculous

• Haha
Reactions: 11
There’s no way she’s done another afternoon tea video
Umm, yeah kind of disappointing.. What I don't get is how she is able to afford going on 75 afternoon teas in a year. I've been to one in my life and I thought is was expensive enough!

Reactions: 10
Umm, yeah kind of disappointing.. What I don't get is how she is able to afford going on 75 afternoon teas in a year. I've been to one in my life and I thought is was expensive enough!
agreed, also she weirdly rated them all highly despite criticising a lot about them. I have been to the second one she went to and honestly the food was awful, all fridge cold and bad quality meat etc. which is ridiculous because of how expensive it is. What annoys me most is the fact she has a baking degree yet doesn't properly describe any food, eveyrhting is just "fenomenal" etc, no detail of the flavours

• Haha
Reactions: 12
What annoys me most is the fact she has a baking degree yet doesn't properly describe any food, eveyrhting is just "fenomenal" etc, no detail of the flavours
This exactly! She does all these rating and ranking videos, but cannot articulate anything beyond “it was so good” and “it wasn’t the best”. She said the service was phenomenal at one place, what made it good? Was the waitress very knowledgeable about the tea? Did she make you laugh? Did they accommodate seating requests? The food that she said wasn’t so good, why not? Is it just that you didn’t like it? Or was it cold, overcooked, soggy, bitter etc? I don’t begrudge her going to tons of afternoon teas. She clearly has the time and money to, and she enjoys it. People must also enjoy watching them. If she actually gave helpful criticism, they could be a useful resource for people planning a once-in-a-lifetime visit to one of these fancy venues. So much of her content has potential but is let down by lazy execution.

Reactions: 28
Her trying to be quirky in every photo is grating on me now. Also enough with the afternoon teas 😭💀

Reactions: 7
I wonder how she's handling a long distance relationship. She mentioned in one of her recent videos she was getting something to "send to her friend who lives in France"
I'm pretty sure it's her boyfriend's parents or grandparents she's talking about but she just says "friend" because it would be weird to buy stuff for your friend's parents (but not weird to buy for boyfriend's parents).

Her boyfriend lives in London and she often has dinner with him in her videos. When she's in France they're visiting his extended family.

Reactions: 3
Just the other week she posted how much Banksy loves a cat treat and tagged the brand... Surprise, surprise...

She knows exactly what she's doing tagging brands. Is no different to the rest of them.
Omg as if the whole begging isn't dumb enough just look at the amount of stuff they sent her! How about sending it to animal shelter? Grace can afford to buy her own treats for Banksy

Reactions: 13
Omg as if the whole begging isn't dumb enough just look at the amount of stuff they sent her! How about sending it to animal shelter? Grace can afford to buy her own treats for Banksy
Exactly, this is a brand I won't be buying from again

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Well at the end of the day she's just another greedy influencer getting things for free, I stopped being surprised a long time ago

• Heart
Reactions: 6
i do kinda worry about the boyfriend if they did meet via the church as many boys/men i know in the church are staunchly pro life as well as value virginity, servitude and old fashioned gender roles that really suppress womens rights and reinforce them as the lesser in society and it does worry me that Grace feels the same...

Reactions: 8
i do kinda worry about the boyfriend if they did meet via the church as many boys/men i know in the church are staunchly pro life as well as value virginity, servitude and old fashioned gender roles that really suppress womens rights and reinforce them as the lesser in society and it does worry me that Grace feels the same...
I get the vibe that Grace is okay with that…wouldnt surprise me

Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.