Grackle #2 Infantalisation and bakery reviews - will pretending to be fifteen get me more views?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
i do kinda worry about the boyfriend if they did meet via the church as many boys/men i know in the church are staunchly pro life as well as value virginity, servitude and old fashioned gender roles that really suppress womens rights and reinforce them as the lesser in society and it does worry me that Grace feels the same...
Her whole family is like that though? Her dad is super old-fashioned, someone posted an article here not too long ago about his job. He's very into old fashioned gender roles. And they are all about getting married before living together (alone) as well. Grace is the same, you just know from how she sees herself and her future. She has mentioned it quite a lot of times that she can't wait to get pregnant and have children and make them lunch and stuff. Clearly very standard gender roles - women in the kitchen, cooking and cleaning and taking care of the children. But to be honest if she's okay with that and she does seem excited for this than isn't it fine? I know women who are like that and are actually really happy, and they are not forced into it. I am all about freedom for women but I also don't like that we put women down for choosing this role themselves. We will never know what she would have wanted if she had a different (non-religious) family, maybe she would be different maybe not. We will never know. I grew up in a very traditional household as well, religious, stay at home mom and dad working and taking care of the 'man-things'. My mom is very open to different things, but my dad is definitely more traditional (he's doing his best to be open-minded about others, but for himself he still feels like he needs to take care of the car for example :ROFLMAO:).
In the end we will never know if she's okay with it b ecause she doens't know better/different or if she's really excited about it because she wants it herself, but if she's happy about making lunch for her kids some day we should support that.

Also about people saying her that she never explains anything about the food/her experience - it's so true! I don't know who here watches Jenn Im but she always gives such an incredibly description of food! She's such a joy to watch ("adds a nice crunch", "a bit of an umami flavour that I love", "I love the texture because it feels like (x)"). Such a different from Grace and she doesn't have a baking degree :D

Reactions: 18
I swear her channel has just turned into her doing a vid on what she’d normally just wanna do, so she can write it off for tax purposes. The amount of afternoon teas and short stays she can write off hahaha. There’s nowt of substance or anything else it’s beyond a joke now, she literally doesn’t care

Reactions: 25
I swear her channel has just turned into her doing a vid on what she’d normally just wanna do, so she can write it off for tax purposes. The amount of afternoon teas and short stays she can write off hahaha. There’s nowt of substance or anything else it’s beyond a joke now, she literally doesn’t care
I did not even think about her being able to write off purchases/experiences she features in vlogs as work expenses! I guess she would be silly not to? Still doesn’t sit right with me.

Reactions: 2
I did not even think about her being able to write off purchases/experiences she features in vlogs as work expenses! I guess she would be silly not to? Still doesn’t sit right with me.
Everybody in the YT space does this. I know loads of influencers when they buy something.. say a new table or something they make a video on updated home decor or something JUST so they write it off. As long as it features in a video it's a write off. Beauty and wellness influencers for example can write everything off, too. When they travel (for example: Niomi Smart to Bali and makes a video about it) they can write it off.
Grace can write everything she does and films off and I'm sure she does so. Doesn't sit well with me either but I'm not going to lie and say I wouldn't do the same in her position
🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 7
Return of the advent calendar debacle. Surely she’s going to run out of new types at some point?

Reactions: 4
Return of the advent calendar debacle. Surely she’s going to run out of new types at some point?
Ah, already? Isn't it a bit done by now? I don't know... It was fun at first but it's tiring now plus she won't even film it well lol

Reactions: 5
Everybody in the YT space does this. I know loads of influencers when they buy something.. say a new table or something they make a video on updated home decor or something JUST so they write it off. As long as it features in a video it's a write off. Beauty and wellness influencers for example can write everything off, too. When they travel (for example: Niomi Smart to Bali and makes a video about it) they can write it off.
Grace can write everything she does and films off and I'm sure she does so. Doesn't sit well with me either but I'm not going to lie and say I wouldn't do the same in her position
🤷‍♀️
When we say "write off" what does that actually mean though? As far as I can tell it looks like they get some of the tax back from the item/service but it doesn't make the whole thing free. They keep all their receipts and claim some of the tax back when doing their taxes, I thought.

(I really don't understand tax so I might be wrong here)

It still definitely feels unfair when most other people can't do that, though.

Reactions: 6
The way she talks about the Harrods food hall in the new vlog... it makes it hard to remember that she used to seem so relatable lmao. "You've probably seen in all my vlogs before because I go there quite a lot, um, because it feels like such a treat" :/ idk it really does feel a bit much with how hard times are for most people at the moment

• Sad
  • Wow
When we say "write off" what does that actually mean though? As far as I can tell it looks like they get some of the tax back from the item/service but it doesn't make the whole thing free. They keep all their receipts and claim some of the tax back when doing their taxes, I thought.

When you have a business you can basically use purchases you have made for your business to reduce the amount of income you have that you pay tax on. So for example if someone made £20,000 in a year making YouTube videos but spent £10,000 on buying things for their business then you would only be taxed on the remaining £10,000 of income (basically you wouldn’t have to pay income tax as you would be below the lower earnings limit). It has to be something that you can reasonably claim is a business expense though and you have to provide proof of purchase such as receipts etc.

Yes it's exactly that. They can get some or sometimes all the tax back depending on the item, usage etc.
My brother has his own business as well and it's ridiculous what he can write off as business expenses despite working from home. He doesn't really buy much (it's extremely frugal lol) so he barely has anything he writes off but it's ridiculous.
Another thing is that you can get for example an Amazon Business account. He recently bought a yoghurt maker and didn't have to pay the tax for it, saved 12 euro. He has an IT company lmao. It's just stupid and unfair.

• Wow
Yes it's exactly that. They can get some or sometimes all the tax back depending on the item, usage etc.
My brother has his own business as well and it's ridiculous what he can write off as business expenses despite working from home. He doesn't really buy much (it's extremely frugal lol) so he barely has anything he writes off but it's ridiculous.
Another thing is that you can get for example an Amazon Business account. He recently bought a yoghurt maker and didn't have to pay the tax for it, saved 12 euro. He has an IT company lmao. It's just stupid and unfair.
And she can probably even claim things like petrol i assume ?

Lol same for my partner, there are limits to it tbf like you can’t take the absolute piss and start putting your weekly food shops through your business, but tbh we can kind of get away with writing off any old tit as an expense if we want to.

Reactions: 2
Her new tiktok with the croissant cereal. The cereal looks exactly like the picture on the box and wouldve said what it was made of somewhere too. So why was she so shocked it wasn’t pastry? The stupid face she pulls and the hand gestures when she tries it. She really needs to grow up

Reactions: 5
Her new tiktok with the croissant cereal. The cereal looks exactly like the picture on the box and wouldve said what it was made of somewhere too. So why was she so shocked it wasn’t pastry? The stupid face she pulls and the hand gestures when she tries it. She really needs to grow up
she just has way too much time on her hands

• Haha
Surely she didn’t think a £1.50 box of cereal would have actual tiny pastry croissants in it?

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Performative dumbness, just like Taz's performative poverty

So quirky and relatable :p:p

Reactions: 10
I am watching her day in the life of a 1950s housewife video, where on earth did she find this "timetable"? Who (except for the very rich, I guess) had meat every day, let alone like that for lunch? Also the irony of her talking about cleaning and wondering "who has the time?", she has ample time to do things like that. I found the video so disappointing as it reminded me of the "eating like..." videos she did in the past which I LOVED, she researched the history etc... this was just lazy, and when her mum pointed out that this was unelily a daily lunch she had no reply except "it was in the timetable"

Reactions: 8
I am watching her day in the life of a 1950s housewife video, where on earth did she find this "timetable"? Who (except for the very rich, I guess) had meat every day, let alone like that for lunch? Also the irony of her talking about cleaning and wondering "who has the time?", she has ample time to do things like that. I found the video so disappointing as it reminded me of the "eating like..." videos she did in the past which I LOVED, she researched the history etc... this was just lazy, and when her mum pointed out that this was unelily a daily lunch she had no reply except "it was in the timetable"
My parents and grandparents ate potatoes, carrots, onions, bread, beans and drink milk most of the time. They rarely ate meat. My grandfather (dad's side) would sometimes get a warm meal at work (which was a super blessing!) with meat, but otherwise it was quite rare. My dad's oldest brother had to start working at age 15 to bring in extra money just so they could get more to eat. Then my grandfather passed away and they all had to quickly start working more to cover the loss of income. Eat meat was a luxury the poor people like my grandparents could never afford. No idea where Grace got that idea.
My grandmother was later quite well off because she was super frugal and had a good retirement plan but she still wouldn't spent any money if possible. Sometimes my aunt (she did all her finance stuff) would show her her bank account and she was all :D:D:D:D:D:D:D. And she would ALWAYS eat the meat first, even late into her 80s. "Most expensive stuff first, you never know what's going to happen during the meal".
Meat every day? Pfff only for the rich. And definitely NOT for lunch!! If they even got lunch!

I’m sorry but that dramatic disgusted face she pulled while eating the peach cobbler in her new video really gave me the ick. Imagine trying to eat your dessert and you see that across the table

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I’m sorry but that dramatic disgusted face she pulled while eating the peach cobbler in her new video really gave me the ick. Imagine trying to eat your dessert and you see that across the table
Me too 😂 A lot of things she does and says gives me the ick. It’s like when she quotes things from TikTok to try and be relevant or quirky but it’s clearly not natural to her and it’s just cringe.

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.