Grace Victory - UglyFaceOfTheSingleLife

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I haven’t slept more than an hour at a time for over a week, there was me thinking it’s due to my horrible neighbours, a UTI (clearly didn’t stuff the correct crystal up my fandango) and anxiety, when obviously it’s the moon!

• Haha
Reactions: 12
She needs to stop kidding herself about how large she is. She was peddling the fact that she was a 16 when she was actually a 24. When she had her swapshop thing, she said she was a 16 yet all the clothes were 20 plus.

everyone has eyes and can see how big you are, there is no way she is a size 20. She looks about a size 28/30 there and that’s me being generous.

Lee definitely doesn’t like her as much as she loves him. ive been super fat before and it is hard to love yourself when you’ve been conditioned to think that far people are ugly. I think deep down she knows she is uncomfortable but doesn’t face it because she’s making so much money from all the sponsored ads. She cannot be comfortable being that big, I was much smaller than her when I lost weight and I was very uncomfortable then. Her shoes always look tight and she is always saying I SIZE UP FOR A LOOSE FIT but her clothes are never loose!

First time poster - girl literally just posted a Philips hair removal post after posting about some other brand razors a week ago :rolleyes:

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
Why does she limit the comments on her posts? Surely as an ‘influencer’ she would want as many a possible?

Hard to believe this is the same girl.
The sad thing is, she’s said so many times she wasn’t happy at her slimmest but it’s clear that she’s not too happy now. She takes a LOT of mental health and self care days and she doesn’t even have the pressure of having a real job. I maintain that being an influencer isn’t a real job, they’re so out of touch with the real world.

She is big but could still dress a lot better than she does, none of the clothes she poses in are flattering and whilst I’m all for body positivity, you have to not be blind and look at yourself to see when you look ridiculous.

I can actually totally believe it. I go from around this, maybe a bit smaller, to a size 22 in the space of 18 months and then have to work my arse off (literally) for about 2 years to get it off again. It's been a never-ending cycle of my adulthood and the extreme gain is linked to severe depression.

I actually like Grace and I agree with her that the process of shrinking oneself is linked to self-loathing and punishment, but I wish she'd be honest that weight gain to that extent is also a product of misery.

I'd feel a lot better about body positivity in general if there was honesty about the complexity of our relationships with our bodies and minds rather than uncritical discussion such as "weight gain = good; weight loss = bad".

From what I remember from another board I was at, she was still being slagged off for being big and lying about her size at this point as well. At this point she said she was losing weight in an unhealthy way, so she might have just thought duck it and snapped back in the other direction.

I have wondered for a while if Lee was one of those guys who liked big big girls. I know when they first started dating he did a lot of the cooking and it was always quite high calorie food. He was also fairly vocal about liking bigger women, but it could have been that he just genuinely cared about her and didn't want her feeling bad. I'm not so sure about that latter point now. I think he is one of those guys who actively feeds up a girl because he likes big. She might be trying to convince herself that she has gone this for herself, not to keep a man. I did date a guy like this, he was always encouraging me to eat more than I wanted and getting upset if I didn't. It was refreshing at first, although I was no more than a 14/16 at the time I'd always been called grotesque and dehumanizing names and assumed to be lazy...oh, and expected to accept this graciously. I went up in size quite a bit in that relationship. A week after I started losing weight, he ghosted me. He was ill and I just did my usual routine. It was an eye opener for sure. Those guys can push you quite far, and if you are insecure you don't enforce your boundaries.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
It's really shocking but maybe it was a long time ago and maybe she treated her body/mind badly to be like that and was miserable. Anyway, you won't necessarily have the same body at 20 yrs old or 30. It's normal.
Her problem is her actual obesity is totally out of control. She could be chubby, even moderately fat and healthy. She isn't. She's still young, has no kids yet and look at the state of her. She's so big, her body already aches certainly, it will get worst. Losing little weight can already make huge differences.

Reactions: 2
I get the feeling she just can’t be alone and needs someone there all the time, which, although isn’t fine, isn’t something just large people go through. I know so many thin people who also cannot be alone. Look at people in the public eye like Charlotte from Geordi Shore. It’s a deep set insecurity which is very sad because you do need to love yourself first and then go about your business.
It’s grossly unfair on Grace that the men who come into her life just see her as a stepping stone for their careers and dump her when they get what they want.
I’d suggest some counselling or something, to work on her self esteem issues. I also get the feeling they don’t really do much together, the majority of her stories are both of them at home together (even when we didn’t have lockdown).

Reactions: 6
I have wondered for a while if Lee was one of those guys who liked big big girls. I know when they first started dating he did a lot of the cooking and it was always quite high calorie food. He was also fairly vocal about liking bigger women, but it could have been that he just genuinely cared about her and didn't want her feeling bad. I'm not so sure about that latter point now. I think he is one of those guys who actively feeds up a girl because he likes big. She might be trying to convince herself that she has gone this for herself, not to keep a man. I did date a guy like this, he was always encouraging me to eat more than I wanted and getting upset if I didn't. It was refreshing at first, although I was no more than a 14/16 at the time I'd always been called grotesque and dehumanizing names and assumed to be lazy...oh, and expected to accept this graciously. I went up in size quite a bit in that relationship. A week after I started losing weight, he ghosted me. He was ill and I just did my usual routine. It was an eye opener for sure. Those guys can push you quite far, and if you are insecure you don't enforce your boundaries.
I don't think he is a "feeder" and perhaps he doesn't only like big girls too actually. He's quite big himself. Maybe he just enjoys food and don't want to feel guilty when he eats too much. Girls can be harsh with big men too, and not just the thin ones.

To be fair, the reason why people slagged her off back then was because she constantly lied about her size and tried to make herself look smaller than she was. She was claiming size 12 when she was clearly a 16 or 18, and of course, it enraged people. She did exactly the same thing she does now - would claim she bought a 16 “so it’s loose” but it would be tight. She honestly hasn’t changed!

She and her sister also got caught photoshopping pics on more than one occasion - anyone remember the pic that Grace photoshopped on the beach on an influencer trip? That caused a big subtweet situation and argument with another influencer (who wasn’t there). She was notorious for it.

I also haven’t ever really believed her claims that she was starving herself back then. She vlogged a lot, and followed Slimming World at points, and seems to have rewritten history on account of what she ate. I mean, of course she could have been hiding it, but I think that would have been at odds with what she showed on camera.

Don’t get me wrong, I do believe she had issues with food - she definitely had disordered eating. She was stuck in a cycle of dieting and bingeing and prioritising junk food within her Slimming World points. I’m not trying to diminish her issues - I’ve been stuck in that diet and binge cycle and it’s horrendous, but it’s very different from the anorexia (or “anorexic mindset”) she has claimed (have been very close on the sidelines of someone with anorexia).

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
E27832AD-6136-4429-BAEE-15D659036AC5.jpeg

There must be so much pressure on her organs having fat rolls like that even when standing up

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 5
I can. She carries a lot of her weight around her belly so same way everyone is shocked at the picnic pictures, at this time she also looked considerably larger from the side.

Factor in angles and possible editing because she was definitely a fan of that at the time, I don't think she's been caught heavily editing for a while.

I can't remember the last time I watched her vlogs but I really want to see the dynamic of her and Lee's relationship now.

I find it funny how she's hailing him as the love of her life, tweeting that she cried over how much HE loves her and saying she wanted his babies from day one. But then at the same time, tweets how often they argue and how regularly she wants to metaphorically kill him.

Just did some old Guru Gossip searching. In 2014 apparently Grace admitted she used to weigh 19 stone - that was at the beginning of her YouTube career. I cannot even imagine what she weighs now.

Here is a candid photo from around the time she was claiming to be a size 12. She does look so much better, so much healthier, but I can see why people were annoyed with her lies. She must have weighed around 14-15 stone here, based on what she said she’d lost.
02C200F5-C7A2-4B84-9F81-BE8E4F7CAEE2.jpeg

Reactions: 4
I’ve seen Grace in the flesh at her smallest on Oxford Street and she was never a 12. She was a 16. I skimmed down from a 24/26 to a 14 and I was a 14 when I saw her, she was bigger than me. I’m settled on a 14/16 (15) now.

Reactions: 7
A 12 would look slim on her as she’s tall. She’s never looked slim so I’d say she was a 16 at her absolute smallest. Don’t know why she preaches body confidence when she’s clearly ashamed of admitting what size she really is. If she was genuinely body positive then she wouldn’t give a tit what anyone thought

To be fair, the reason why people slagged her off back then was because she constantly lied about her size and tried to make herself look smaller than she was. She was claiming size 12 when she was clearly a 16 or 18, and of course, it enraged people. She did exactly the same thing she does now - would claim she bought a 16 “so it’s loose” but it would be tight. She honestly hasn’t changed!

She and her sister also got caught photoshopping pics on more than one occasion - anyone remember the pic that Grace photoshopped on the beach on an influencer trip? That caused a big subtweet situation and argument with another influencer (who wasn’t there). She was notorious for it.

I also haven’t ever really believed her claims that she was starving herself back then. She vlogged a lot, and followed Slimming World at points, and seems to have rewritten history on account of what she ate. I mean, of course she could have been hiding it, but I think that would have been at odds with what she showed on camera.

Don’t get me wrong, I do believe she had issues with food - she definitely had disordered eating. She was stuck in a cycle of dieting and bingeing and prioritising junk food within her Slimming World points. I’m not trying to diminish her issues - I’ve been stuck in that diet and binge cycle and it’s horrendous, but it’s very different from the anorexia (or “anorexic mindset”) she has claimed (have been very close on the sidelines of someone with anorexia).
What beach photo is this??? The photoshopped one? I can’t find it

Reactions: 1
What beach photo is this??? The photoshopped one? I can’t find it
I can't find the photo but I remember it well. Ms Body Positive Grace had photoshopped her thighs to be slimmer, but in doing so she'd made the thighs of the girls next to her even bigger! Someone had done a gif using the original picture which flashed back and forth showing the difference. I cackled.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.