Grace Victory - UglyFaceOfTheSingleLife

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A 12 would look slim on her as she’s tall. She’s never looked slim so I’d say she was a 16 at her absolute smallest. Don’t know why she preaches body confidence when she’s clearly ashamed of admitting what size she really is. If she was genuinely body positive then she wouldn’t give a tit what anyone thought
Here here.
Anyone with eyes can see she doesn’t size up as she says, she buys the size she is and says she is sizing up. Just be honest about it, it’s not as if people will say things like ‘you said you were a size 20 but you’re a size 24’. It’s not like people believe she’s a 12 and then comes out and says she’s a size 24. Maybe she doesn’t want to accept how big she is but how can she not? She sees her body first hand.

Reactions: 5
I can't find the photo but I remember it well. Ms Body Positive Grace had photoshopped her thighs to be slimmer, but in doing so she'd made the thighs of the girls next to her even bigger! Someone had done a gif using the original picture which flashed back and forth showing the difference. I cackled.
I can’t find it either! I remember the gif too.

Reactions: 1
I actually like Grace and I agree with her that the process of shrinking oneself is linked to self-loathing and punishment, but I wish she'd be honest that weight gain to that extent is also a product of misery.

I'd feel a lot better about body positivity in general if there was honesty about the complexity of our relationships with our bodies and minds rather than uncritical discussion such as "weight gain = good; weight loss = bad".
Such a fantastic well reasoned comment. Couldn’t agree more, it really is a much more nuanced and grey topic compared to the way it’s often portrayed.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
How does she always manage to lose her chins when she’s posing?! She has such definition in her chin

Reactions: 2
How does she always manage to lose her chins when she’s posing?! She has such definition in her chin
This is why she’s so successful and gets good brand deals. The most popular plus sized influencers are always the ones with great bone structure and facial definition - they are also usually naturally gifted with flat stomachs and defined waists

Reactions: 4
She knows her angles! Anyone photographed that much does.

I also think she doesn’t hold a lot of weight in her chin, but she does have a very large neck with fat rolls. Her face is quite pointy; someone with a rounder jaw probably looks fatter in their face at the same size. Everyone holds weight differently.

Reactions: 3
She might be wearing a 22 (she is not) but it’s clearly 2 sizes too small for her (at least).

She looks so so uncomfortable.

This is why she’s so successful and gets good brand deals. The most popular plus sized influencers are always the ones with great bone structure and facial definition - they are also usually naturally gifted with flat stomachs and defined waists
She has great bone structure in the face when she’s larger but when she slimmed down, it kind of vanished? If that makes sense?
Naturally gifted...hmmm
She knows her angles! Anyone photographed that much does.

I also think she doesn’t hold a lot of weight in her chin, but she does have a very large neck with fat rolls. Her face is quite pointy; someone with a rounder jaw probably looks fatter in their face at the same size. Everyone holds weight differently.
That’s what it must be. I’ve just never really seen it before that some has weight everywhere bar the face. My face is the first place I show it

She might be wearing a 22 (she is not) but it’s clearly 2 sizes too small for her (at least).

She looks so so uncomfortable.
I think at her size, whatever she wears by way of summer clothing is going to show a lot of skin. I’m not saying that in a bitchy way, I mean it in the same way that if a big boobed girl wore a summer dress and a smaller boobed girl did, the big boobed girl would have more on show. Having said that, she seldom seems to wear a bra and that’s something I couldn’t do in public, I just need the security of knowing the boys are in place

I’ve met her she’s not that tall
I love her content RE race and raising awareness we don’t need to be skinny to be healthy
But I feel she’s definitely too fat now a pregnancy which she hopes for would put too much strain on her body

Gawd those q&a’s... she’s so far removed, so self centred, me me me, even the pandemic has been good for her!! And I’ve never heard of having to eat more meat (chicken) for health reasons?!
Also, by work she means a quick AD, surely can’t take that long?!
At least she was nice to people complimenting her, normally they get nothing back.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.