Grace Victory - UglyFaceOfTheSingleLife

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I find some of her posts uncomfortable be cause that is not promoting body confidence, that is dangerously over weight. Plus alot of the outfits dont even fit.
Me and my boyfriend spoke about this before. I fully support body confidence, but it also has to be healthy. I am quite comfortable in my body and confident in it but I know I am not healthy and therefore need to lose weight, I wouldn’t plaster pictures of myself and show know inkling to be working on become healthier. I don’t care what her clothes size is, that’s a vanity thing, but her weight is not healthy. But I don’t think she’ll lose weight as it’s become her brand

Reactions: 2
Overall self-confidence is often harder to reach if you're not confident in your body. Is an overweight person not allowed to feel confident? I also don't believe anymore in starting a weight-loss journey without going through an acceptance phase first as it is very dangerous: you will lose weight but it will never seem enough. I also doubt that an overweight person just thinks 'I love my fat, fat is so great'. I'm overweight myself, and body positivity for me was about finding a couple of things I like about my body, learning to accept the reflection in the mirror and to like my body for what it can do, e.g. when I work out. Earlier this year I stopped associating working out to losing weight and to see it as a way to have fun and just get my body moving instead, I've actually started losing weight without even noticing. Someone here earlier also said that when you're vegetarian for a long time, you should lose weight... I've been (mostly) vegetarian for the past 3 years (probably eating meat/fish 10x a year max) and barely lost anything (I don't snack either and have a dessert once a week at best). But I stopped putting weight on. And I just tend to drop a few kilos every summer since then, just because I lean towards a lot of salads and light meals when it's hot.

Reactions: 14
Overall self-confidence is often harder to reach if you're not confident in your body. Is an overweight person not allowed to feel confident? I also don't believe anymore in starting a weight-loss journey without going through an acceptance phase first as it is very dangerous: you will lose weight but it will never seem enough. I also doubt that an overweight person just thinks 'I love my fat, fat is so great'. I'm overweight myself, and body positivity for me was about finding a couple of things I like about my body, learning to accept the reflection in the mirror and to like my body for what it can do, e.g. when I work out. Earlier this year I stopped associating working out to losing weight and to see it as a way to have fun and just get my body moving instead, I've actually started losing weight without even noticing. Someone here earlier also said that when you're vegetarian for a long time, you should lose weight... I've been (mostly) vegetarian for the past 3 years (probably eating meat/fish 10x a year max) and barely lost anything (I don't snack either and have a dessert once a week at best). But I stopped putting weight on. And I just tend to drop a few kilos every summer since then, just because I lean towards a lot of salads and light meals when it's hot.
I think a lot of people are reacting that way because the body confident movement has been hacked by very obese women. Ironically they discriminate against people who are not fat enough. It's not so much accepting the body you have right now and focusing on your health, but rather encouraging people to get even bigger and shaming people who lose weight ex. Adele and even influencers that have been in their circle until they started losing weight.

Grace seems to have a lot of resources for her to seek help and a job with a loose schedule. So seeing her going down the path of immobility whilst showing off healthy foods is frustrating to watch. Also preaching pseudoscience women health mombo jumbo Gwyneth Paltrow type of advice. This can do a lot of damage to women who don't know better. I have been at a standstill with my weight for some years because I am in a very stressful environment, and have little to no input on food choices. The stress of living with family members who are mentally unwell is so great, that I have to use the pill to regulate my periods, or else I can go a year between periods. Even though Grace shows off all the good food, she seems to be getting bigger and that has a lot of people worried or just frustrated because people can see her struggling to pose in her Instagram pictures and she keeps on complaining about being exhausted all the time, her periods etc. All these things could be because of health issues but she does nothing with it.

I think a lot of people are reacting that way because the body confident movement has been hacked by very obese women. Ironically they discriminate against people who are not fat enough. It's not so much accepting the body you have right now and focusing on your health, but rather encouraging people to get even bigger and shaming people who lose weight ex. Adele and even influencers that have been in their circle until they started losing weight.

Grace seems to have a lot of resources for her to seek help and a job with a loose schedule. So seeing her going down the path of immobility whilst showing off healthy foods is frustrating to watch. Also preaching pseudoscience women health mombo jumbo Gwyneth Paltrow type of advice. This can do a lot of damage to women who don't know better. I have been at a standstill with my weight for some years because I am in a very stressful environment, and have little to no input on food choices. The stress of living with family members who are mentally unwell is so great, that I have to use the pill to regulate my periods, or else I can go a year between periods. Even though Grace shows off all the good food, she seems to be getting bigger and that has a lot of people worried or just frustrated because people can see her struggling to pose in her Instagram pictures and she keeps on complaining about being exhausted all the time, her periods etc. All these things could be because of health issues but she does nothing with it.
Actually it's the other way round: the bodypositive movement was founded by fat, disabled women (so also by people with no "healthy body"), is now "hacked" by thin women. Not saying I'm convinced by Grace's lifestyle choices, but can we please keep the historical facts right?

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Actually it's the other way round: the bodypositive movement was founded by fat, disabled women (so also by people with no "healthy body"), is now "hacked" by thin women. Not saying I'm convinced by Grace's lifestyle choices, but can we please keep the historical facts right?
I know it was started so people would accept others that look different, have disabilities etc. but every time I read about it now or hear people talk about, they always talk about Tess Holliday and co. and how great it is to be a obese to morbidly obese woman. I am pretty overweight myself 96 kg at 172 cm so this is not really bashing obese people. It’s what I have seen has happening on media, I don’t follow influencers on social media because they are boring and they alter their photos anyway. So I don’t know about thinner influencers preaching about body confidence, they are not my cup of tea. But I have watched some fitness commentary channels that have talked about the issue of very obese people using the movement as a reason for not having to loose weight and telling their views that being morbidly obese is not a health issue.

Reactions: 3
Did anyone follow graces friends bday bash yesterday where a whole group of them were doing a sports day type thing in the park? There was loads of them getting involved- but guess who stayed sat in the same spot throughout 😂😂😂

😂😂😂😂😂😂

Notice the outfit too? 👀 This is something I picked up on a couple of months ago with grace.... she tends to post stuff on Instagram of her wearing really “out there” outfits, things that are usually figure-hugging, shows off a lot of flesh, quite tight clothing etc... basically telling the world that she’s SO BODY CONFIDENT AND WEARS WHAT SHE LIKES... but then I’ve noticed a few of her friends posting stuff of her when she’s out with them doing stuff and she ALWAYS wears really baggy, loose pretty naff outfits- like the one here... LEGGINGS. When has grace EVER posted a pic of her wearing LEGGINGS. Leggings and a really oversized white shirt.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
Did anyone follow graces friends bday bash yesterday where a whole group of them were doing a sports day type thing in the park? There was loads of them getting involved- but guess who stayed sat in the same spot throughout 😂😂😂

😂😂😂😂😂😂

Notice the outfit too? 👀 This is something I picked up on a couple of months ago with grace.... she tends to post stuff on Instagram of her wearing really “out there” outfits, things that are usually figure-hugging, shows off a lot of flesh, quite tight clothing etc... basically telling the world that she’s SO BODY CONFIDENT AND WEARS WHAT SHE LIKES... but then I’ve noticed a few of her friends posting stuff of her when she’s out with them doing stuff and she ALWAYS wears really baggy, loose pretty naff outfits- like the one here... LEGGINGS. When has grace EVER posted a pic of her wearing LEGGINGS. Leggings and a really oversized white shirt.
Damn, I’ve been this size. Seeing a picture of myself from that angle was what woke me the duck up. It worries me that Grace said, not that long ago, that she is, physically, the “healthiest she’s ever been”.

Reactions: 5

😂😂😂😂😂😂

Yeah I wanna say she wore it for comfort as it's a sporty day (let's ignore the fact she spent most of it on her arse) but loads of her insta outfit photos are her in her flat. Not taken of her out and about or coming back from, or about to leave to go out.

Reactions: 5
Did anyone else notice how Lee had lots of birthday stories on his timeline, which Lovelle featured on her own story. Grace put one up and she wasn't featured... Awks. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think she made a big thing of going out to dinner to celebrate her birthday month (who does that? ) Because of this.

I think lee really likes that lovelle... dunno could be wrong but just by judging the communication between them both I think he likes her and I think grace can tell

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
I always think I can’t be shocked by how Grace looks now, and then we see a new angle and my jaw drops.

Her friend’s stories show just how much larger she looks than everyone else. There were some thin women there, but there were also very curvy, thicker women too - and Grace just dwarfs them all in a really shocking way.

I don’t want to be mean. I find this really, really sad. I think she is lying to herself, posting healthy meals but then looking like she eats another way entirely, lying about her clothing size, talking about health in terms of woo-woo spirituality and not the basics of diet, movement etc.

I feel like she’s taken the idea that bodies come in all shapes and sizes, you don’t have to be stick thin to be healthy - all very true - but she’s run with it in the opposite direction, to such an extreme extent where she’s ultimately doing damage to herself. It’s sad to watch.

Reactions: 13
Agree.... I mean from this angle she doesn’t look far from tess holidays size, yet she still claims she’s a size 22... laughable
She looks so uncomfortable even sitting like she might topple over 😳

I love the show 'my 600lb life' and honestly she does not look far off being super obese!
She looks like she would struggle at times! Maybe that's why she is always in bed ?

Reactions: 7
I love the show 'my 600lb life' and honestly she does not look far off being super obese!
She looks like she would struggle at times! Maybe that's why she is always in bed ?
I love that show too, and honestly I said the same thing to my partner when I saw those photos. She looks like she’s going to get to the point, quite quickly, that she can’t do things for herself... there’s a difference between being body confident and being neglectful of your body’s needs/health. I wish she’d see that.

Reactions: 2
I don’t know the full content to this but she looks like she’s just sat alone....eating.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.