Grace Victory #7 Gracey Potter, the girl who lived

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She wont last, BF is hard work but she probably thinks as long as she manifests it will be okay.

The moaning that will come after she has her baby will be a joke. She wont do anything snd I think Lee will leave because the bubble will burst, she needs to buckle up because shes going to be in for a tough ride, nights staying up, no sleep, BF round the clock, she is not gonna be able to hack it at all
I see her using it as an excuse to keep shipping off Cyprus and not doing anything other than sitting on the sofa feeding which is fine the first few weeks while you establish but I don’t think she’s capable of being that selfless for that long. A bottle to give her a break will become a thing which is fine but she’s making out now like it’s not. Breast or nothing isn’t the healthy way to approach it.

also trying to imagine the trauma of the ICU staff if her heart stopped while she was proned in trying to quickly turn her round.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
She wont last, BF is hard work but she probably thinks as long as she manifests it will be okay.

The moaning that will come after she has her baby will be a joke. She wont do anything snd I think Lee will leave because the bubble will burst, she needs to buckle up because shes going to be in for a tough ride, nights staying up, no sleep, BF round the clock, she is not gonna be able to hack it at all
This! I have a friend who spent the first 6 months deeply unhappy exhausted beyond belief as all her NCT friends kept telling her to keep going with breastfeeding. Baby screamed all night and most the day.
As someone who is currently expecting I’m prepared to try, but 99% sure I won’t keep to it and will have everything ready with bottles because as long as they’re not hungry I’m happy.
She is SO toxic and I feel like these comments she’s said will be the last straw for some followers who used to genuinely like her. Awful mindset and attitude, the complete opposite of what people who encourage breastfeeding promote

Reactions: 13
This! I have a friend who spent the first 6 months deeply unhappy exhausted beyond belief as all her NCT friends kept telling her to keep going with breastfeeding. Baby screamed all night and most the day.
As someone who is currently expecting I’m prepared to try, but 99% sure I won’t keep to it and will have everything ready with bottles because as long as they’re not hungry I’m happy.
She is SO toxic and I feel like these comments she’s said will be the last straw for some followers who used to genuinely like her. Awful mindset and attitude, the complete opposite of what people who encourage breastfeeding promote
Yep!
There’s nothing wrong with “I really want breastfeeding to work - I’m going to try my best and this is everything I’m doing” not basically demanding on herself that she can!

she also needs to explain why you harvest colostrum because the majorly of women don’t need to / use it.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Yep!
There’s nothing wrong with “I really want breastfeeding to work - I’m going to try my best and this is everything I’m doing” not basically demanding on herself that she can!

she also needs to explain why you harvest colostrum because the majorly of women don’t need to / use it.
Plus I was told not to (- she should really be saying “talk to your midwives about…”

Reactions: 7
She honestly sounds more excited about the idea of breastfeeding than the arrival of the actual baby

Reactions: 15
Grace is the personification of arrogance and ignorance. If ‘dying’ didn’t humble her, nothing will.

Reactions: 18
If she can't make breastfeeding her personality then she can fall back on pumping or the trauma of not being able to. If that fails then #2under2 is right there for her.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
Complete first world problem but I can't stand the way she's been doing captions on her stories recently.

Does she realise each story is only 7 seconds? Why the essays?

I'm a fast reader too, like come on.

Screenshot_20220916-115315_Instagram.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Complete first world problem but I can't stand the way she's been doing captions on her stories recently.

View attachment 1582389
I’m really surprised by all this, what about all the other mothers? Midwives and doctors are understaffed, does she not feel a bit embarrassed?

• Sad
Reactions: 27
I’m curious to know what hospital this will be in, isn’t she still living in London? So many maternity wards at the moment are so overrun women are having to wait until they’re in the very last stages of labour to go in. I’m so shocked she is getting so much extra considering this pregnancy is 100% healthy according to her??

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Somehow all the health workers tell Grace she's healthy or so she says. She's insisting too much on it and it's not very realistic. It's not even their common language. Unless it's different in Britain.

Reactions: 23
What is a gentle csection? A csection is a csection.
I dont know what midwives she has been having but thwy havent been transparent with her at all and are giving her a false sense of security. She is the healthiest she has been? She was in a coma a year ago for goodness sake

• Heart
Reactions: 35

View attachment 1582389
You know you can press and hold your finger on the screen to keep it up, right?

What is a gentle csection? A csection is a csection.
I dont know what midwives she has been having but thwy havent been transparent with her at all and are giving her a false sense of security. She is the healthiest she has been? She was in a coma a year ago for goodness sake
I suspect they don't tell her what she hears and relays.

I suspect that they've told her a c-section is of course a possibility and they are prepared for it so it's going to be less unexpected than last time. In her mind Grace hears VBAC with a c-section as a back up but because it's planned it will be 'gentle'.

I've said it before but the little things she drops in like special care, out of guidelines and exceptions being made for her makes it sound like she has been an absolute bleeping nightmare in terms of insisting on things that wouldn't normally be done, like Cyprus in the hospital if she needs a short stay - why?! Why would you want a very small child who doesn't understand what's happening being in hospital with you when if you have to stay in it's because you need to be monitored for whatever reason?! This is nonsense. We know they have family support, this is exactly the time to use it!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.