Grace Victory #7 Gracey Potter, the girl who lived

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I thought she was going to say C made her chase round the park after him, but no šŸ˜ž

Also, which is it? She said the other day thereā€™s ā€˜lots of changeā€™ going on, then she says things are very stable and boring, then sheā€™s stressed šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø
7FA76DBB-F6C6-480A-AE6A-0F7FA27CA173.jpeg

0FE3D843-DAF6-4EC9-876B-AB6E3A818A10.jpeg

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
I thought she was going to say C made her chase round the park after him, but no šŸ˜ž

Also, which is it? She said the other day thereā€™s ā€˜lots of changeā€™ going on, then she says things are very stable and boring, then sheā€™s stressed šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø
View attachment 1593767
View attachment 1593769
Wow in that second picture she is basically saying Cyprus is getting in the way of her happiness isn't shešŸ˜¬ He is such a massive inconvenience to her it breaks my heart. Grace, maybe instead of thinking how hard your life is with a toddler, think about how hard it is for him, being in pain teething, having so many feeling he can't express, probably feeling the change that is coming his way, constantly being dumped on other family members because mummy can't look after him... Find some empathy towards your poor boy please šŸ˜©

• Heart
Reactions: 26
She is so out of touch with reality - off she goes to reflexology while her toddler is at her mums for the 6364th time this week (and if he isnā€™t then she has him in front of the tv at home for a ā€œsofa dayā€) but she apparently still needs to ā€œpour into her cupā€ ?!

sheā€™s such a lazy spoiled bleep. The fact she lists a couple of things she did with C indicates to me that she plays with him like that so rarely that itā€™s notable to list it on IG when she does.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Meanwhile all other mums would book an evening appointment for when their partner is home/kids are in bed. Probably wait twice as long for it.

Reactions: 13
A lot of mixed race people identify as black because the world will never see them as white. Really donā€™t see a problem?
That thinking leads to the erasure of actual black people with two black parents. Someone with a white parent can never be black. They can be mixed race, or a black biracial, but not just black.

this isnā€™t America and we donā€™t follow a one drop rule for blackness. White people in this country know the difference between a mixed race person and a black person and on government documents there is a separate box for mixed race people

• Heart
Reactions: 16
A lot of mixed race people identify as black because the world will never see them as white. Really donā€™t see a problem?
A lot of black (African) people won't see them as black either.
Anyway, it's a richness, like other people who grow up with a double culture (colour aside). They should embrace all their cultures/origins.
Actually, if I remember well, Grace's father wasn't very present. Maybe she idealises that side of the family for that reason.

Reactions: 6
That thinking leads to the erasure of actual black people with two black parents. Someone with a white parent can never be black. They can be mixed race, or a black biracial, but not just black.

this isnā€™t America and we donā€™t follow a one drop rule for blackness. White people in this country know the difference between a mixed race person and a black person and on government documents there is a separate box for mixed race people
Thatā€™s fair. But race is a social construct so it is interpreted differently by many people. In the English town I grew up in mixed kids were called black all the time by white people. The one drop rule is a made up arbitrary concept for sure, but so are the concepts of blackness and whiteness itself.

When you try to make clearly defined boundaries imo it gets confusing. Grace isnā€™t allowed to call herself or her son black, but what about for example a ā€œfull bloodedā€ Jamaican or Black American who has almost as much european blood as they do, but may not have had actual white ancestors since the 1800s. They would identify as black because they have two black parents. But why is one okay over the other?

Ofcourse this should mean that they can call themselves white, but they never would and no one would ever accept that. Because whiteness was invented as an exclusionary category, hence Irish and Italians not being considered white at one point. I donā€™t think thereā€™s a right or wrong way to navigate this, because thereā€™s no real logic to any of it. Race at itā€™s core is a messy, confusing way to categorise people.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I like that my son is a tit at home, it proves Iā€™m his safe space (according to my therapist). If he was a golden child at home heā€™d be awful for everyone else, Grace and then where would you be?

• Heart
Reactions: 9

We donā€™t follow the one drop rule, and yes, she is mixed race, nor am I saying that her experiences mirror those who have two black parents. Iā€™m just saying that sheā€™s more than welcome to partake in the use of an uplifting slogan for black children and that itā€™s not a weird take as many mixed race people do it. I feel like a lot of people here sometimes find her alignment to blackness strange when really, most mixed race people in London at least have an affinity to it (rather than seeing themselves as fully black, I can correct myself there).

A lot of black (African) people won't see them as black either.
Anyway, it's a richness, like other people who grow up with a double culture (colour aside). They should embrace all their cultures/origins.
Actually, if I remember well, Grace's father wasn't very present. Maybe she idealises that side of the family for that reason.
Mixed race people living in a predominantly white country will find themselves well immersed in white culture by by virtue of being here. Her acknowledgement of her (part) blackness isnā€™t her shutting away her whiteness.
Again, if you speak to most mixed race people in a multicultural city like London, regardless of whether they are close to that side or not, they do tend to find affinity to that part of themselves because society often reminds them of it. And black people will very much see mixed race people are partly black before anything else.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Whatā€™s a while Grace? Three daysā€¦ the boy probably sees her Mumā€™s as home more than his actual home. Thatā€™s prob why heā€™s more settled there, behaves better.
Her mum sounds like a saint tbh, I wonder if sheā€™ll be taking on two under two this often going forward? I wouldnā€™t wish that task on anybody šŸ˜³

Reactions: 14
God I cant stand her insta posts any more. Her lips always have dribble on them and the wet sounds she makes, it looks like shes gurning and has no teeth. And then the lip smacks to stop the dribble coming out. So gross. 100% if you are sitting next to her she would be spitting all over you. BLEH

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
Dont think its that she's unaligned and unbalanced but more so she's in her third trimester and hormonal but I suppose that doesn't sound special enough for her

Reactions: 4
Grace literally thinks sheā€™s carved from the golden tree of Babylon. I cannot stand her. She palms her son off to binge watch telly and eat copious amounts of takeaways with her fat fella & calls it healing, groundwork and healthy behaviour. Itā€™s the furthest thing from healthy, sheā€™s completely warped from reality. Her mum does so much babysitting, tbf, she probably loves it because heā€™s adorable and most Nans wanna have their grandkids all the time. My mum always wants hers.
but grace and Lee just donā€™t seem to utilise the time away for good things like tidying up their cluttered little pokey flat and getting some storage for their washing. It always looks like she needs a good clean in that place. I just canā€™t deal with her stories of her humpty dumpty head selfies and her chatting whilst parked on the sofa leaving an imprint of her fat arse whilst poor Cyprus plays around her.

Reactions: 15
God I cant stand her insta posts any more. Her lips always have dribble on them and the wet sounds she makes, it looks like shes gurning and has no teeth. And then the lip smacks to stop the dribble coming out. So gross. 100% if you are sitting next to her she would be spitting all over you. BLEH
youā€™ve put it perfectly. rank

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.