Grace Victory #7 Gracey Potter, the girl who lived

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
‘It has to happen for me because it’s my right’ is her problem in a nutshell. Who does she think she is? So mothers who can’t breastfeed aren’t working hard enough or willing it into existence with as much force as she is? The same arrogant self absorbed narrative she had around her coma, oh I woke up because I’m just such a fighter xxx, meanwhile those who didn’t were just weaker and wanted it less than you?

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Just want to make the point - it’s not always the mother. My little boy was a 15% weight loss at day 5, couldn’t latch, seriously dehydrated and ill. Took 11 weeks and dragging him round all kinds of private clinics to diagnose a tongue tie. By the time it was snipped, a fortnight later, he was a lazy and inefficient feeder who gained precious little weight on breast milk alone. It was my right maybe. But my child had a right not to starve, to gain weight and thrive. Why is EVERYTHING about her and her experience? Why are her kids NEVER first?

• Heart
Reactions: 43
Nope - makes me seethe. What a world where these talentless lazy fuckwits get to sit on their arses doing bugger all or attending ‘events’ not only for a lucrative living, but for endless luxury freebies - all whilst referring to themselves as entrepreneurs. I hope influencer culture dies a very quick death.
Exactly 💯 agree with you! The sooner influence culture dies I will be happy

Reactions: 11
She’d be best speaking to the management and those above that hold the purse strings! Geez.

Also what’s all that syringe business?

Reactions: 2
She’d be best speaking to the management and those above that hold the purse strings! Geez.

Also what’s all that syringe business?
Collecting colostrum, it’s not a scary syringe with a needle it’s more like the Calpol syringes. It’s recommended leading up to birth, you can freeze it and take it in your hospital bag. Colostrum is like a really thick densely nutritious/laden with antibodies substance that comes in first before the “usual” breast milk flow.

Reactions: 4
Collecting colostrum, it’s not a scary syringe with a needle it’s more like the Calpol syringes. It’s recommended leading up to birth, you can freeze it and take it in your hospital bag. Colostrum is like a really thick densely nutritious/laden with antibodies substance that comes in first before the “usual” breast milk flow.
Saves me a Google thanks! No one I know has ever made a huge deal and posted it on their insta 😝

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Saves me a Google thanks! No one I know has ever made a huge deal and posted it on their insta 😝
No agreed and tbh I even considered putting the above comment behind a cut with a trigger warning cos I know how highly emotionally charged and shame laden the whole BF process can be, starting with the colostrum collection! There’s barely any support in this other than a link out to a YouTube video 🙄 and I still remember the stress and anxiety and shame it caused in the days leading up to the birth, I know there are a few expectant mums on this thread so whilst we’re going through the rollercoaster of Grace’s earth mama content please remember that fed is best and you’re doing an amazing job for your babies even if it doesn’t look like what you’d hoped for or what you’ve been told is “best” ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Yep. No kid ever grew up to feel sidelined purely because of the way they received sustenance.

I hope Cyprus continues to see Grace's mum a lot because he needs the stability, not G smarming and sly-eyeing at the cam.

Reactions: 11
She’s apparently tempted to show herself harvested colostrum on Instagram. I think I’d put bleach in my eye socket if I saw her tit.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Off to talk to ICU staff in their training? Give me strength. I’d find it really hard to care about what she has to say.

Reactions: 13
View attachment 1576742

What a bleeping dangerous message to send out.
Jesus christ. These influencers really do live in their own world. Who speaks like this? When I got pregnant 2 years ago I immediately felt I was not going to breastfeed my baby. I never even had a conversation about it with ppl (besides my husband). We just discussed the options briefly with my midwife and decided on which brand of milk would be best. Other than that, I had 0 conversations about it with anyone else. I would say in my friend group 50% breastfed and 50% bottle fed and no one was ever shamed or made to feel bad for their choice, it is just literally not discussed besides asking each other for useful tips. I feel like the only ppl making a huge deal out of this are influencers and crazy people on mumsnet lol

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Bit of a late response, but how in the duck is she qualified in any way, shape, or form to give a talk on patient care to ICU staff??

Reactions: 24
Bit of a late response, but how in the duck is she qualified in any way, shape, or form to give a talk on patient care to ICU staff??
She thinks ICU staff in the middle of a pandemic with many extra ICU wards than normal (before vaccines too) should of had time to pamper her and sort her hair out. Not just wash it and keep her clean which I’m sure they did.

She’s no fecking idea how hard it was for staff then. Staff had more than one patient which considering the needs/equipment/meds/lines is hard and out of normal practice. Extra staff weren’t icu trained but were there to help as needed. People dying every day and some of them young. Trialing treatments. Proning and turning. Staff getting sick and some in the ICU. Many of the ICU staff in my trust have already left.

Let’s hope she didn’t go in all smug and patronising. They kept her alive and got her home to her family when many didn’t. Care probably wasn’t perfect but how could it be.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
The whole breastfeeding and it’s her ‘right’ and ‘she will!!’ Urm what if your milk doesn’t come? What if your daughter doesn’t take to it? What if your daughter has allergies like Lucy Meck’s kids? No way in hell Grace would change her entire diet for her baby 😂 Not to mention will she really do every feed? I know you obviously pump and store it too but I just can’t picture her doing this.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
We’re back to the whole ‘manifestation’ tit. If you focus hard enough it will happen. Let’s just ignore the fact that you’re making people who can’t do it for any reason feel like tit

• Heart
Reactions: 14
She wont last, BF is hard work but she probably thinks as long as she manifests it will be okay.

The moaning that will come after she has her baby will be a joke. She wont do anything snd I think Lee will leave because the bubble will burst, she needs to buckle up because shes going to be in for a tough ride, nights staying up, no sleep, BF round the clock, she is not gonna be able to hack it at all

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.