Grace Victory #7 Gracey Potter, the girl who lived

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Am I the only one who finds it weird that he's in the play pen all the time? They live in a small flat. Is it just because she can't be arsed to interact and keep an eye on him?

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 26
If MSN still existed she'd be logging in and out every two seconds so we could see her name had changed to 💫💫God's Girl Grace Who Lived on Maternity Leave💫💫

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Am I the only one who finds it weird that he's in the play pen all the time? They live in a small flat. Is it just because she can't be arsed to interact and keep an eye on him?
It knocks me sick, you wouldn’t put a dog in a pen like that let alone a toddler.

Reactions: 7
It knocks me sick, you wouldn’t put a dog in a pen like that let alone a toddler.
I don't have a kid myself but I have a nephew that I look after and I've never seen anything like it? We used a little play pen to put him in if we needed the toilet or something but that's it. He's the same age as Cyprus and he would be so stressed out if he had to be in that thing for more than a couple of minutes.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
i hate play pens so much, if i tried putting my little one in one she would kick off something else. we have a safety gate to keep her in the front room to stop her climbing the stairs and all the drawers have child locks on ect so she has free rein.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
i hate play pens so much, if i tried putting my little one in one she would kick off something else. we have a safety gate to keep her in the front room to stop her climbing the stairs and all the drawers have child locks on ect so she has free rein.
100% how it should be! 🥰

I know performative parenting/concern is v Mumsnet but like… how is he going to develop muscle mass when he’s limited to a 6 x 4 (if that!) cell? Kids are so explorative and develop their play skills by incorporating random household bits into play, how can he do that if he’s trapped in that cell? She speaks about Montessori but hasn’t got a clue.

I’m no expert by any means, but I was randomly reading up on this recently and apparently it’s recommended to wait up to two years after a cesarean before having another baby.

I’m sure it’s not a one size fits all recommendation - but with all the health problems she had after her first pregnancy it really seems like she should’ve waited 2-3 years. Sounds like her cesarean scar hasn’t even fully healed properly.

Attachments

I’m no expert by any means, but I was randomly reading up on this recently and apparently it’s recommended to wait up to two years after a cesarean before having another baby.

I’m sure it’s not a one size fits all recommendation - but with all the health problems she had after her first pregnancy it really seems like she should’ve waited 2-3 years. Sounds like her cesarean scar hasn’t even fully healed properly.
Her comment on having 'out of guidelines care' relating to her birth preferences and every being accommodating does suggest somewhat that she's been an absolute nightmare about sticking to her idea of a birth plan (VBAC) even when the medical staff are trying to suggest that in all the circumstances a cesarean would be better.

Reactions: 9
I mean she’s morbidly obese, that alone she’ll need slightly different birth plan?

• Haha
Reactions: 11
My son could escape his play pen by the time he was C’s age 🙈 we only had it because our house at the time was a death trap. He’s either used to it or a lot more chill

Reactions: 3
I don’t know how she’s already having another baby.
I’m expecting my first and my fear of hospitals & losing blood is awful. How is she not AT ALL worried!?!?
She’s always spoken of the trauma but doesn’t relate any of it to her pre-birth weight/lifestyle? Which is the same as now

• Heart
I mean it’s good she’s trying to be positive but I find it weird she’s still so set on having a particular type of birth because she was like that before and what happened then….

I’m expecting my first and my fear of hospitals & losing blood is awful. How is she not AT ALL worried!?!?
She’s always spoken of the trauma but doesn’t relate any of it to her pre-birth weight/lifestyle? Which is the same as now
Right! Her super blasé attitude is baffling to me. Fair enough sometimes you’ve just gotta crack on with life and not let fear hold you back blah blah. But she was exactly the same last time and seeing how that attitude panned out for her 🥴.

On the weight point, I’m super bored at work today so I’ve been scrolling back through her IG. I don’t know if it’s the hair throwing me off but I think she actually is slightly smaller this time around. Her face and upper body are noticeably slimmer imo. She’s still significantly overweight but she looks about 3-4 stone lighter (bearing in mind she’s on the taller side).

I think she actually managed to retain a decent amount of her coma weight loss. It’s a shame she didn’t use it to propel herself onto an overall healthier eating journey to get to a healthy weight in time for another pregnancy though…

Attachments

I don’t want to derail the thread but if you’re this anxious about labour please talk to your midwife! They may be able to give you information or reassurance on what you’re worried about. For example, midwives and doctors are very well trained on if a woman starts bleeding the whole team knows exactly what to do and are very good at stopping it quickly. Good luck for your birth x

Also I think with the trauma, Grace always said the birth wasn’t traumatic it was the covid coma stuff that was so I guess that’s why she’s not worried?

• Heart
I don’t want to derail the thread but if you’re this anxious about labour please talk to your midwife! They may be able to give you information or reassurance on what you’re worried about. For example, midwives and doctors are very well trained on if a woman starts bleeding the whole team knows exactly what to do and are very good at stopping it quickly. Good luck for your birth x

Also I think with the trauma, Grace always said the birth wasn’t traumatic it was the covid coma stuff that was so I guess that’s why she’s not worried?
Thank you!! I definitely will do, it stems from my mum having an undiagnosed blood disorder & her first birth she needed a few blood transfusions. So I can at least pinpoint the fears & when I know exactly what’s going on with my bloods I’ll relax more 😊
I forget most of the trauma came from the coma itself not covid / birth. I’m interested to hear how her second birth goes, I can understand why she would really want the birth she’s dreamed of but I guess everyone’s birth is like a lottery at times.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Screenshot_20220908-214852_Instagram.jpg

If she posted this and I was co-parent with her I'd let her find out what taking on the real load of motherhood is by leaving her. Such disrespect given that she had Lee take Cyprus to a graduation ceremony because she just couldn't parent that day.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.