Grace Victory #7 Gracey Potter, the girl who lived

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Grace again in denial about having a virginal birth at her size. The baby could get stuck and be put in danger, Grace may experience some contractions but no way a “regular” virginal birth. Also so arrogantly saying “medical team have agreed that interventions (epidural if needed is ok though) will not be happening.” Despite her personal experience she blindly spurts out such misguided information.

467C0CD3-4FB9-4CE7-BE76-DCB68EB9EEA0.jpeg

Reactions: 3
I remember being against any kind of intervention before having my baby, my NCT teacher was very negative on the subject. However after being in labour for days I ended up having my waters broken, put on the hormone drip and having an episiotomy. When you're in extreme pain and exhausted you will do anything to get that baby out safely!

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I think she creates this narrative in her head in regards to her medical team supporting a vbac. Considering that her body is recovering from the coma and the reality of it only being a short time since she had a csection with cyprus there is no way an obstetrician would carry that risk.

Reactions: 8
I swear every few months she says she's just been told she's medically fit. Just suggests the first time she said it it was bullshit.

Reactions: 25
She was medically fit when released from hospital according to Grace then a few months later then again this year. I stopped following her but she never sounded truly recovered to me.

She’s full of crap and if that’s truly happening she is demanding it herself. I’m sure that’s not the advice given but I’m not a midwife or obstetrician so I could be wrong.

I really hope all is ok for them all but I don’t understand with how unwell she has been and continues to have long term issues how she is not more concerned and careful. I’m all for living life to the full, I’ve had some experiences that have reinforced that but not without caution for your health. For the sake of your child!

Reactions: 10
I think she creates this narrative in her head in regards to her medical team supporting a vbac. Considering that her body is recovering from the coma and the reality of it only being a short time since she had a csection with cyprus there is no way an obstetrician would carry that risk.
The obstetrician may caution against a Vbac but ultimately it is Grace’s decision, all they can do then is recognise that and try to minimise the risks. I think that maybe she’s told them she’ll be having a Vbac and no interventions and if she’s made an informed decision there’s nothing they can do so that in her mind then is them agreeing with her/ supporting it.

View attachment 1365081
It was this that got me, I plugged in this to the Starbucks website, it has 32.5g of sugar. Half the recommended daily amount for a woman. I'm all for having a bit of what you fancy every now and again, particularly if pregnant (caffeine, alcohol, whatever keeps you sane) but she's on several of these a week and we know she's not moderating her sugar the rest of the time.
5 brown sugars, white chocolate and caramel drizzle. Holy duck

Grace again in denial about having a virginal birth at her size. The baby could get stuck and be put in danger, Grace may experience some contractions but no way a “regular” virginal birth. Also so arrogantly saying “medical team have agreed that interventions (epidural if needed is ok though) will not be happening.” Despite her personal experience she blindly spurts out such misguided information.

View attachment 1381943
“My medical team”

Reactions: 6
Dare I say I think she comes across as a lot better recently? Like less lies/pretence/bullshit (doesn’t get out of bed for £500 🥴) and a bit more honesty. There’s been less ridiculous misinformation about pregnancy this time round, idk she seems mentally healthier?

Reactions: 1
I’m not a parent but surely it’s not a good idea to give your child all that beige food ?
I’m always shocked he never seems to have actual vegetables like cucumber sticks, pepper sticks, some cooked carrots sticks or just some steamed green veg. The only vegetable finger foods she shows him with is sweetcorn.
And no I wouldn’t give a child those crisp sticks, crackers & fried chicken all in 1 meal. I find her choices for him so unhealthy

Reactions: 20
I always think children that grow up eating beige / bland food will be fussy eaters as adults who will only eaten chicken nuggets and chips. But that’s just my opinion

Reactions: 22
It’s also a huge plate of food for a snack? My toddler is a high centile for height and weight (proportionately) whereas I believe hers is quite small, and yet still we wouldn’t have a plate of snacks like that.

Reactions: 14
I’m not a parent but surely it’s not a good idea to give your child all that beige food ?
I don't think it's so much the beige for me (one of them is banana) but the quantity. My nephew might have a few of those veggie straws but that's it. He'd also likely have them in between running around. How long do you have to get a toddler to sit still to eat that whole plate? It's basically dinner.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I don't think it's so much the beige for me (one of them is banana) but the quantity. My nephew might have a few of those veggie straws but that's it. He'd also likely have them in between running around. How long do you have to get a toddler to sit still to eat that whole plate? It's basically dinner.
Yes! Exactly that, like my daughter might have an apple for a snack but it’d be cut up in a little bowl and she’d probably eat it stood up / carried about as she did other stuff. Sometimes she would want to top it up so would go to the snack drawer and get a rice cracker or these oat baby things she loves but yeah this is around the size of a dinner for her (not the content obvs).

Reactions: 4
It's the quantity AND the composition wt*

Afternoon snack here around this age is generally a little piece of bread or 2 "simple" biscuits (like ladyfingers for ex), a dairy product (milk or little yoghurt or other) and a fresh fruit or stewed fruit. And water.
No hummus, no chicken... no veggie straws (I can't believe this is recommended for kids in Britain)😱

This poor kid diet is so bad. Unbelievable.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
When I worked in nurseries back in the day. Afternoon snack was a piece of fruit. At Cyprus age it was just a couple of cut up pieces like half a banana. Toddlers still only have small stomachs.

Reactions: 13
Oh Jesus I thought it was his lunch! Didn’t realise that was a snack. That’s so much for his tiny stomach and surely he’ll have a whole meal maybe 2 hours later?
I’ve always given kids 1 morning snack between breakfast & lunch then one between lunch & dinner. Not a whole plate full 😳

Reactions: 11
When I worked in nurseries back in the day. Afternoon snack was a piece of fruit. At Cyprus age it was just a couple of cut up pieces like half a banana. Toddlers still only have small stomachs.
We give them stuff like what he's eating but it wouldn't mixed like that. Veggie sticks and dip OR cracker and cheese. Not both.

Reactions: 5
Come on people. I watched Veggie straws compo and there are just vegetable crisps😂 like we have here for the grownups aperitives, prepared with oil and salt (as much calorific as the others). Ok for a special occasion but it's not for babies and nutritionally it's crap and certainly doesn't replace a vegetable/fruit.

Reactions: 4
Come on people. I watched Veggie straws compo and there are just vegetable crisps😂 like we have here for the grownups aperitives, prepared with oil and salt (as much calorific as the others). Ok for a special occasion but it's not for babies and nutritionally it's crap and certainly doesn't replace a vegetable/fruit.
Exactly - completely agree with a PP that at this age, exposure to a variety of foods (particularly fruits and vegetables) is so important to mitigate against picky eating. The biggest thing though is that parents need to model this behaviour in their own eating habits etc (eg no screens or distractions while eating, eating together). It will be interesting to see how much attention is given to poor baby C once his long-awaited baby sister arrives…

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.