Grace Victory #7 Gracey Potter, the girl who lived

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Really shocked she is pregnant again so soon. This is just about her wanting to experience the newborn stage, breastfeed etc. which she obviously missed out on and is really sad. The answer isn’t to just have another child though! Poor little Cyprus, he will definitely get pushed to the side 😞
Especially as she really wanted a girl.I remember when she cried when she found she was having a boy, she seemed so disappointed.

Reactions: 11
Didn’t she also get angry at what point that Cyprus looked more like Lee
She just wants another mini version of herself. I don’t know what child I feel sorry for most tbh.

Reactions: 12
She also survived because of hardworking midwives, nurses, doctors and physios etc
It's weird how she doesn't really acknowledge this. I almost died last year, a sudden illness, I was too busy almost dying to save myself through will power or whatever it is Grace thinks she did. It was the hospital staff that diagnosed and treated me that kept me from dying, I was just lying in a hospital bed mostly sleeping. I don't think I'm special for not dying or that anything magical happened, I was just really lucky that my husband recognised I was seriously ill and brought me to hospital where drs and modern medicine saved my life. I can't relate to Grace's narrative at all.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
Imho there's a dangerous narrative around the 'perfect birth', or I've also heard the phrase 'healing birth' on birth trauma forums. It puts yet more pressure on mothers for everything to be 'natural' etc, ignoring that sometimes medical intervention is vital. When I was pregnant I fell into the hypnobirthing/natural birth stuff and it can make you feel like a failure when the actual birth doesn't live up to that.

I once read that you should leave at least two years between pregnancies to allow the bodies to recover, and that's when you have perfect health. I worry about what she's putting her body through right now.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Didn’t she also get angry at what point that Cyprus looked more like Lee
She just wants another mini version of herself. I don’t know what child I feel sorry for most tbh.
I really hope that her baby girl looks like Lee and Cyprus. That would be the ultimate 2 fingers up to Grace for so obviously favouring a single gender, the goal should always to have a healthy pregnancy and birth. She’s back to singing the same tune about birthing plan etc and she obviously knows that things don’t always go to plan. I wonder if we will get her usual drivel about knowing her body and feeling ignored when her demands are not met by her consultant led team.

Caught the first few seconds of her IG live as she reposted it on her stories, does anyone else find that lip smacking thing she does totally infuriating or is it just me 😂 also sounds so out of breath!

Reactions: 24
Few mins in and she has already said Cyprus is at her mums 😐

• Wow
Caught the first few seconds of her IG live as she reposted it on her stories, does anyone else find that lip smacking thing she does totally infuriating or is it just me 😂 also sounds so out of breath!
They way she purses her lips when sucking on the straw of her iced latte (n)

Reactions: 10
She sounds super out of breath! It sounds like she's unable to even get through a full sentence without pausing between words to just breathe.

• Wow
Reactions: 13
I'm not sure how she/anyone around her isn't worried for her? She still has a while to go and is so so so out of breath. It only gets worse as you get further along so how will she cope in the height of summer? I'd be so scared if I were in her position.

• Sad
I'm not sure how she/anyone around her isn't worried for her? She still has a while to go and is so so so out of breath. It only gets worse as you get further along so how will she cope in the height of summer? I'd be so scared if I were in her position.
Don’t worry babes , according to her latest Insta story as long as she has good bowel movements she’s healthy xx

• Haha
As someone who is pregnant and classed as high risk, I find Grace’s attitude very alarming. My first born’s birth was so traumatic and nearly three years later I am still healing. I am also pregnant with my second baby and whilst I am hoping for an “easier” birth (although what is easy about pushing a human out of yourself 🙈) I am realistic and know that often things don’t go the way you had planned. I don’t expect my second birth to heal the first….I just have a slightly clearer insight into what will happen!

Grace is high risk. Fact. She can deny it until she is blue in the face but she is. Her weight will be one reason (yes BMI is controversial and I dont agree with it entirely but the NHS use it and that ain’t gonna change soon!) Plus
her recent health issues will be another. I reckon her consultant will push for a c-section as it’s less than two years since her last birth.

Why can’t she just be honest? Her audience is fairly substantial and she could do so much good by talking about being high risk. Don’t lie and pretend.

I remember when she was pregnant with Cyprus and found her attitude so disjointed and naively I thought she would be different this time. How wrong was I!? I just feel so sorry for Cyprus…his first couple of years have been a rollercoaster and now he is going to be pushed to the side by a new baby. It’s heartbreaking 💔

• Heart
Reactions: 24
her recent health issues will be another. I reckon her consultant will push for a c-section as it’s less than two years since her last birth.
100% this. I don't know if she's envisaging a VBAC but I think chances are unlikely. If I were her I'd be mentally planning for a caesarian, which is fine. I'd much rather plan for and have a caesarian rather than hope for a vaginal birth and find myself needing an emergency caesaeian.

Screenshot_20220630-002616_Chrome.jpg

Reactions: 1
She would never admit it.
I’ll never forget in her vlogs (mere weeks before she was hospitalised) when people were commenting concern about how out of breath she sounded. And she of course responded snarkily that she was completely fine and that they should mind their business…

Reactions: 13
B9808CF9-4771-4D10-9FEB-36185F57BA43.jpeg

She looks further along in pregnancy. I hope she has a healthy pregnancy.

Though watching her live yesterday, she seems so out of breath!

Covid is still around also!

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.