Grace Beverley #9 Our jet-setting qween, so committed to being green

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wonder whether Grace has offered to help out financially with Flora’s renovations. If I had all that money, I couldn’t bear to see my sister saving up to renovate while I was sitting on millions. Cant decide if Grace would’ve just not offered or if Flora has said she wants to go it alone.
I get the vibe that her family aren't close like that. I'm the same, if I had as much money as Grace so much of it would be going to help out my parents and siblings (though I suppose her parents don't exactly need the help). I honestly find their family dynamic so weird. I wonder if it's a result of them all going to boarding school.

Reactions: 19
She did say some stuff that I appreciated in that video, as much as I was ready to dislike her not just for her association with Grace but because of some stupid tit she’s said previously.

Maybe it shows how ridiculous the influencer world is, but I appreciated that the house she bought is a normal terraced house, not in London or a gorgeous countryside vista, that looks like it cost £300Kish tops (gross that that’s a low price tbh) and that she said it’s financially irresponsible to fling yourself into totally renovating a house whose needs you havent sussed out yet. Also, when she said she couldn’t afford to renovate it despite it looking nowhere near Instagram ready, it was a breath of fresh air as I can’t be fucked with renovation bloggers whose tOtAl renovations are just totally unrealistic for most people. It’s still not true to reality 100% as most young people can’t buy a house at all, but it’s a load better than Grez 2.8MillionSquidHouse Beverley

If she actually believes the stuff she’s saying - something I’m cynical of given how much influencers bs - I wonder what grace thinks of it as honestly the tit she labelled as irresponsible is stuff Grace does.
yeh i think her and grace don't seem very close, it is interesting Grace has (as far as I am aware) promoted anything about Flora. Flora seems much more down to earth and sensible

I get the vibe that her family aren't close like that. I'm the same, if I had as much money as Grace so much of it would be going to help out my parents and siblings (though I suppose her parents don't exactly need the help). I honestly find their family dynamic so weird. I wonder if it's a result of them all going to boarding school.
the thing i found most weird was when Grace said she wasn't allowed to keep her food in the fridge when she lived in her mum's house... they seem like a typical rich but dysfunctional family where no one really gets on

Reactions: 19
I wonder whether Grace has offered to help out financially with Flora’s renovations. If I had all that money, I couldn’t bear to see my sister saving up to renovate while I was sitting on millions. Cant decide if Grace would’ve just not offered or if Flora has said she wants to go it alone.
why would she help?
they're literally trust fund babies - flora will get her money when her time comes lol

Reactions: 1
why would she help?
they're literally trust fund babies - flora will get her money when her time comes lol
For me the question is why wouldn't she help? Like I said - if I'd made all that money, bought myself a million pound house and had it all done up, there is no way over my cold dead body that I wouldn't help my sister (or any other member of my immediate family) out. Flora may well have a trust fund, but she is telling us right now she can't afford renovations so obviously she doesn't have access to it if that is the case. Personally I don't understand not helping your sister out when you have all that money, unless Flora has categorically refused the help.

Reactions: 11
I feel like Grace is too capitalist and money grabby for that

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I feel like Grace is too capitalist and money grabby for that
Yeah that's what I was thinking. I mean, if Flora has a trust fund coming - lend her the money? Have her pay it back later? I just can't get my head around having my sister tell the world on social media she can't afford to do up her house, everyone knowing you're a literal millionaire, and not feeling embarrassed by that tbh. Makes me squirm.

Reactions: 17
Flora has categorically refused the help.
Or this yeah - if they’re truly as “iNdEpEnDent” as Grace always said when they were raised, they wouldn’t take each other’s “iNdEpeNdently” earned money or Flora may simply just not want Grace’s money knowing the kind of sources it comes from - green washing, lying, exploiting. (Putting aside what they’ll get from their parents)

Reactions: 7
I literally know nothing about trust funds but kind of assumed you would get access when you turn 18? Or is it down to your parents and they say when you get it? Isn’t Flora like 26, you’d think at her age and when she’s buying a house might be a good time to get access to it!

Reactions: 3
I literally know nothing about trust funds but kind of assumed you would get access when you turn 18? Or is it down to your parents and they say when you get it? Isn’t Flora like 26, you’d think at her age and when she’s buying a house might be a good time to get access to it!
I am not sure (I sadly don't have one, nor do I know anyone who does..) but (from what I have seen on tv lol) I think whoever gives it to you can decide on any terms, it could be based on age/when you get married/have a child etc. I think Grace's selfish attitude to money says more than anything how she is not the left wing person she claims to be. I get not maybe wanting to lend her sister huge sums of money but I would have thought she would have bought her some furniture or something?

Reactions: 6
Trusts have different rules which are entirely up to the trustee. The form you're talking about, where you get access as soon as you're 18, is a "bare trust". Although my understanding of trusts is also not great I think that's unlikely what Grace's family have done just because the level of money/assets they hold - I think they'd have something a lot more complex to distribute their wealth to their kids.

And given what Grace has said about her family and their obsession with self-sufficiency, I doubt they would allow them to just have access to a pot of money when they turn 18. But I'm sure they'll trickle it down them eventually.

edit: god coffee brain has me writing incomprehensible sentences

Last edited:
I’m pleasantly surprised she has bought a normal house, looks like a 1930s semi detached and the area is very normal for Bristol. I thought she’d get a fancy place somewhere like Clifton or redland, maybe st Andrew’s where you’d be looking at upwards of 600k.

Reactions: 16
I was searching for a house at the same time as Flora and remember seeing this one listed online, it was for 375k but she may not have paid asking for it.

• Wow
Reactions: 4
I’m pleasantly surprised she has bought a normal house, looks like a 1930s semi detached and the area is very normal for Bristol. I thought she’d get a fancy place somewhere like Clifton or redland, maybe st Andrew’s where you’d be looking at upwards of 600k.
I was searching for a house at the same time as Flora and remember seeing this one listed online, it was for 375k but she may not have paid asking for it.
Possibly a future student rental.

Given that it's unlikely to be a "forever home" that makes sense

It’s not really an area that many students would rent though. They’d probably just sell it on or rent to a family. Tbh the house isn’t really my style and I suppose that’s why I was surprised flora was so chuffed with it.

Reactions: 4
My parents kept us a trust fund (of money not of property/assets) - which I am well aware that I enormously enormously privileged and lucky to have. It was not automatically given at 18 but rather given/trickled down over the years to help for buying a first house/higher education but particularly for my sibling's care for when my parents die as he has complex disabilities.

Reactions: 6
I’m really intrigued what a minimum amount would be considered as a trust fund 🙈 because I’m sure in american circles it usually means millions?

Reactions: 2
I have never really watched her videos but was curious to see the house , it is fascinating how different she is to Grace, she seems genuinley ecstatic and lucky with the house( which she should be, buying somewhere is a huge step if you are able to), whereas with grace and her mansion and millions of pounds of rennovations she just gave off an air of bragging. Obviously the house isn't huge but why would they need a huge house for 2 people? It makes much more sense to buy somewhere like this (especially if you care about sustainability) than a huge house just to fill with things you don't need imo, especially for your first own place

thread name idea: tala still launching "sustainable" sh*t, will she ever wear a bikini that fits

• Haha
Reactions: 39
If you look on her stories now she is playing with a postcard with Ziggy and she not-so-subtly made sure that the entire message on the postcard was visible, and it's a thank you message from a choir charity for her donation. It just... so obvious she was angling it to make sure everyone can read it.

My gripe is obviously not with donating; when you're that wealthy it's an obligation that you give back. I just find it quite icky how she waved the postcard in front of the camera without even acknowledging what it was about... like oops omg you guys totally weren't meant to see that 🙈. It was clearly an attempt to get people to pause the story and see how much of a generous good billionaire she is and to reap in the validation messages telling her she is a such a good rich person. It'd be so much better to just sit down in front of the camera and talk about the charity and your donation work - yes there will always people who accuse you of showing off but it's still miles better than doing a tacky glimpse of your thank you letter on a story playing with your dog.

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 44
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.