Grace Beverley #9 Our jet-setting qween, so committed to being green

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Surprise surprise, the whole “side scoop detailing while still holding you in all the right places!” turned out to not be true at all... 🙄
Sorry but the old saying a “fool and his money are soon parted” applies here. Every single pic of the crops showed absolutely no support

Reactions: 21
Anyone else find it really bleeping annoying that she takes selfies using the story filter and then reuploads them so you can’t see what filter she used?

Like a) who the duck cares, nobody will think you look like a toad IRL just because it says “1987 by FilterFod” in the top left corner and b) how dishonest and disingenuous do you have to be to spend effort removing a label Instagram (in a rare tick-boxy ‘mental health matters 😌’ move from them) deliberately put there to promote clarity around image modification and manipulation.

I wasn’t too sure she did it but she did it with that pudding she posted too. At this point if this girl spent half as much time and effort actually absorbing what I hope she was taught at Ox about politics and critical theory/going to therapy as she does lying to preserve an untrue image, she probs would have achieved inner peace lol
What confuses me about her photos/videos like this are that her skin looks awful with these filters on. I just want to throw a face wipe at her 🙈
Edit: doesn't she sell those reusable sustainable face cloths? Throw one of them at her 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 20
maybe its just me being bitter but the THESE SPORTS BRAS ARE MORE SUPPORTIVE THAN YOUR THERAPIST narrative is gaslighty as duck like I've got pretty large tits so support is a necessity rather than an aesthetic thing so when i bought one of the tala bras like a year ago and surprise surprise found it wasnt even vaguely suitable for use in the gym it just makes you feel like your body is the problem when youve got the face of the brand claiming its something different to your experience ya know?
Even from a claims culture stand point like why would you claim somethings supportive when its not..?

• Heart
Reactions: 41
maybe its just me being bitter but the THESE SPORTS BRAS ARE MORE SUPPORTIVE THAN YOUR THERAPIST narrative is gaslighty as duck like I've got pretty large tits so support is a necessity rather than an aesthetic thing so when i bought one of the tala bras like a year ago and surprise surprise found it wasnt even vaguely suitable for use in the gym it just makes you feel like your body is the problem when youve got the face of the brand claiming its something different to your experience ya know?
Even from a claims culture stand point like why would you claim somethings supportive when its not..?
Aside from the fact that Grace annoys the tit out of me and I don't want to line her pockets with my money, I would never buy a sports bra from TALA for this exact reason.

I'm quite large in the chest but smaller around my back so even finding regular bras is a nightmare. But back to TALA they literally look SO unsupportive and uncomfortable and the last thing I want to be doing is checking my boobs aren't falling out while I'm trying to workout.

We suffer enough body image issues without Grace essentially telling us that we're the issue that her crappy bra with no support isn't stopping my boobs from flying out and about.

Reactions: 18
One thing that annoys me about TALA's marketing, I think people have pointed it out before, is they release basically the same items, say leggings and a matching top and it's "absolutely perfect.. the best you can ever buy.. it doesn't get better".. then two weeks later, updated items.. "this is it.. this is the one you need to buy.. if this doesn't suit you, nothing will"... then two weeks later.. "OMG guys, you are not ready. The perfect items are here".. every item is the definition of perfection every time. I understand the principle of marketing is to get people to want to buy and perfection is the ideal, but it just gets so ridiculous. There's no years of research and study going into it, it's just the next batch of stuff that's coming out of whatever factory. I doubt they even have that much control (considering the persistent issues with quality) Especially when you contrast it to all the blocked reviews and the deleted comments.

Reactions: 46
Anyone else find it really bleeping annoying that she takes selfies using the story filter and then reuploads them so you can’t see what filter she used?

Like a) who the duck cares, nobody will think you look like a toad IRL just because it says “1987 by FilterFod” in the top left corner and b) how dishonest and disingenuous do you have to be to spend effort removing a label Instagram (in a rare tick-boxy ‘mental health matters 😌’ move from them) deliberately put there to promote clarity around image modification and manipulation.

I wasn’t too sure she did it but she did it with that pudding she posted too. At this point if this girl spent half as much time and effort actually absorbing what I hope she was taught at Ox about politics and critical theory/going to therapy as she does lying to preserve an untrue image, she probs would have achieved inner peace lol
Wow that hairline. Think queen Grez needs to stop scraping her hair back so tight

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
Words cannot describe how much I hate this fit.

The cream version of the borg jacket always looks particularly naff to me. I think it's the colour - the cream leans a bit too yellow. Pairing it with a Chanel bag doesn't make it ~fashion~.
Looks like the ones my nan gets for £10 from the market.
Also I’ve just discovered how tala get their excellent ratings on their website, they just post the same reviews over and over again. Found one where it was posted 6 times in a row 🤪 very transparent and honest company 🥰

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
Aside from the fact that Grace annoys the tit out of me and I don't want to line her pockets with my money, I would never buy a sports bra from TALA for this exact reason.

I'm quite large in the chest but smaller around my back so even finding regular bras is a nightmare. But back to TALA they literally look SO unsupportive and uncomfortable and the last thing I want to be doing is checking my boobs aren't falling out while I'm trying to workout.

We suffer enough body image issues without Grace essentially telling us that we're the issue that her crappy bra with no support isn't stopping my boobs from flying out and about.
I'm with you on this, I have the same issue. I've watched Grace for YEARS wearing bras that don't fit/support her (such as when she was pushing the Lounge underwear) so I don't trust her input at all when she talks about bras/bikinis/sports bras.

Reactions: 9
Looks like the ones my nan gets for £10 from the market.
Also I’ve just discovered how tala get their excellent ratings on their website, they just post the same reviews over and over again. Found one where it was posted 6 times in a row 🤪 very transparent and honest company 🥰
I think my grandma has one exactly the same without tala logo 🤣🤣🤣

Reactions: 1

exactly! I think the only reason i bought the bra as i always find bra shopping impossible was because looking at the models tala uses they're pretty much all the small waist large curves body type so i felt confident if these girls are singing talas praises then the products were living up to the hype - i guess thats the crux of influencer marketing tho so silly me for falling for it :rolleyes:🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 3
i’m sorry but wtf 😫 that poor boob
Sorry I’m just catching up with these posts but she really needs to stop with these minuscule boob strangling bikinis. I don’t know why she think this is attractive, it’s actually so gross.

Nice one for tala for developing this innovative sustainability tactic, 3 for 2 on accessories 🤣

Surprise surprise, the whole “side scoop detailing while still holding you in all the right places!” turned out to not be true at all... 🙄
This is what’s pissed me off about TALA for so long, like it wouldn’t kill them to just say ‘look, this isn’t our most supportive bra’ like Gymshark show their bras in order of support. Considering they didn’t show it on any of their larger models yet preach inclusivity should’ve told them everything they needed to know really 🧐

Considering they normally take about 3 weeks to ship, what’s the betting a majority will not arrive for Christmas? 🥲

Attachments

• Angry
Reactions: 17
Discount on large and extra large only 😑.
Skinluxe bra falling apart after just one wash? I thought this was supposed to be ✨quality✨.
What the fook why would they only do it for L and XL? Are they struggling to shift the stock or is this just some sort of fake woke body positive plus size inclusive initiative that they’re trying

Reactions: 10
weird because I got this email today... looks like they’re struggling to shift stock 🤷🏻‍♀️
If this is a sustainable slow fashion brand, why do they care about shifting stock to the point where they slash prices for specific sizes? The products being discounted are things they've marketed as game changing, revolutionary, wardrobe essentials - so you'd assume these are core products that they plan to keep around for a long time so why the need to shift the stock. The fact they're discounting like this just proves that they don't ever plan for their collections to stick around for too long. It's just a weird endless cycle of: game-changing collection! -> out of stock -> maybe restock with a few new colours -> this line is discontinued but our NEW collection is revolutionary and you definitely need to buy it. Skin Luxe will probably be gone this time next year.

Reactions: 35
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.