Grace Beverley #9 Our jet-setting qween, so committed to being green

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I distinctly rmemeber someone mentioning the fact that she flexes her wealth and why can't she at least donate to a choir charity or something related to her degree. I cba scrolling back to find it but clearly it triggered her anyway lol
Think that was me šŸ˜‰

Reactions: 1
Check this out - another "sustaina-sale" when not even a month ago they were sharing sanctimonious posts about being wary of brands who are hyper-discounting.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
Check this out - another "sustaina-sale" when not even a month ago they were sharing sanctimonious posts about being wary of brands who are hyper-discounting.

TALA: wear items you already own ! donā€™t buy new clothes for Christmas ! slow down fast fashion !
Also TALA: 2 launches and 3 sales in the space of about 2 weeks

• Angry
Reactions: 27
I thought Grace didn't want to come across as an "influencer" but is more than happy to do ads on her Instagram, even though she has "highly successful" businesses that contribute to her millions in the bank...

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Isnā€™t this the fourth offer/sale theyā€™ve had in the last month?! First it was the not black friday black friday free headband, then they had 3 for 2 on accessories (mostly on headbands... they must need to shift them), that whole xl/l discount one day then an xs discount the next but sent to the wrong people debacle, and now this? Even the first ā€œsustaina-saleā€ (I feel dirty just typing that stupid name šŸ¤¢) was only 7/8 weeks ago!

Reactions: 18
Isnā€™t this the fourth offer/sale theyā€™ve had in the last month?! First it was the not black friday black friday free headband, then they had 3 for 2 on accessories (mostly on headbands... they must need to shift them), that whole xl/l discount one day then an xs discount the next but sent to the wrong people debacle, and now this? Even the first ā€œsustaina-saleā€ (I feel dirty just typing that stupid name šŸ¤¢) was only 7/8 weeks ago!
clearly struggling to flog the tit arenā€™t they šŸ§ more like sustaina-fail

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Yeah they've been having a lot. Their justification each time is that their sales never impact what they pay to suppliers or the wages they pay to their workers. Which might be true, but that glosses over the fact that all these sales are sign they've been producing too much stock and too many collections - which in itself is a fast fashion way of doing things. It also must be a bit of a slap in the face for customers who have paid Ā£30 for a top, which they were potentially only willing to pay because they've been told that price point is necessary due to the higher cost of the 'sustainable'/'high quality' materials. So then when the same top is discounted 40% a month later it kind of confuses their many claims that their original prices were the lowest possible.

Reactions: 28
TALA: wear items you already own ! donā€™t buy new clothes for Christmas ! slow down fast fashion !
Also TALA: 2 launches and 3 sales in the space of about 2 weeks
No one:
TALA: BLACK FRIDAY IS BAD WE DONT PARTICIPATE IN IT WE ARE ENVIRONMENTAL SUSTAINA-KWEEN SUPERHEROES
Shreddy: Black Friday sale!!!
Also TALA: 40% off selected lines this Christmas woooo gooo hunnnyy Christmas discounts are def different from Black Friday

Reactions: 21
Grace Beverley #10: Tala released their 100th drop, #bossbabe book set to be a flop, your sustaina-bullshit has got to stop

Donā€™t know if itā€™ll fit in the title sorry!!

• Heart
Reactions: 42
I thought Grace didn't want to come across as an "influencer" but is more than happy to do ads on her Instagram, even though she has "highly successful" businesses that contribute to her millions in the bank...
Honestly that ad came across as soooo fake and like sheā€™d put in the least amount of effort possible. I used to really trust her opinion on stuff and actually bought bulk powder vegan protein (which I hated) and Iā€™m sure she influenced me to buy other things in the past as well, but I canā€™t help but feel like sheā€™s lost her genuineness (if she even had it in the first place). Also what bloody ā€œCEOā€ does Instagram story ads...

Reactions: 18
Grace Beverley #10: mid-pandemic partying in dubai, launch after launch but dont ask me why!

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Think I've been blocked or restricted by TALA. I can still see their posts and post comments, but my comments don't show up for everyone else.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 6
For me the question is why wouldn't she help? Like I said - if I'd made all that money, bought myself a million pound house and had it all done up, there is no way over my cold dead body that I wouldn't help my sister (or any other member of my immediate family) out. Flora may well have a trust fund, but she is telling us right now she can't afford renovations so obviously she doesn't have access to it if that is the case. Personally I don't understand not helping your sister out when you have all that money, unless Flora has categorically refused the help.
Obviously our ethical queen would distribute her wealth to her sisters!!! Ā£6m turnover in 2019 babes not the same in 2020 but she gave her lose change away #bossbabe #charity šŸ„°šŸ„°

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: 14
Think I've been blocked or restricted by TALA. I can still see their posts and post comments, but my comments don't show up for everyone else.
I genuinely think itā€™s awful for a company to do this ! !
The good news is there are lots of others commenting which can be seen!

PS on the trustpilot there has suddenly been a load of new reviews talking about how great Melanie in customer service is. Seems a bit suspicious .. (and to speak to customer service suggests you had a problem to begin with so why 5*?)

Reactions: 12
Or this yeah - if theyā€™re truly as ā€œiNdEpEnDentā€ as Grace always said when they were raised, they wouldnā€™t take each otherā€™s ā€œiNdEpeNdentlyā€ earned money or Flora may simply just not want Graceā€™s money knowing the kind of sources it comes from - green washing, lying, exploiting. (Putting aside what theyā€™ll get from their parents)
I mean remember the how I save metro article which is most likely guest featuring Flora - they donā€™t reveal real names as people get personal about money (as mentioned on all of their how I save money articles) https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/metr...-blogger-consultant-75000-saved-10933583/amp/
If this is her, which very much sounds like it is Iā€™m not surprised sheā€™s been able to afford her house + with her boyfriends income + money from her parents

Reactions: 3
I genuinely think itā€™s awful for a company to do this ! !
The good news is there are lots of others commenting which can be seen!

PS on the trustpilot there has suddenly been a load of new reviews talking about how great Melanie in customer service is. Seems a bit suspicious .. (and to speak to customer service suggests you had a problem to begin with so why 5*?)
yeah it is so odd to name someone in this way, do people really remember the name of someone they are making a complaint to?

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.