Grace Beverley #4 fecked it

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
OMG i cannot believe the state of that office. Why are they all working so close together with no screens or masks! Whattttt

Reactions: 9
grace reminds me of all the american republicans who don’t believe in the virus until they or a close family member gets insanely sick. no masks, no social distancing, straight back to work for the sake of capitalism.

(i’m american so that’s my point of reference lol)

Reactions: 21
OMG i cannot believe the state of that office. Why are they all working so close together with no screens or masks! Whattttt
Especially coming from someone who is all about slagging off the fast fashion working conditions 👀

honestly she talks about “disrupting the industry” etc and situations like this highlight how inexperienced and insignificant her company is. Most organisations would have legal/ risk/ health and safety colleagues firmly guiding return to work conditions And they wouldn’t not look like the Tala office

Reactions: 11
grace reminds me of all the american republicans who don’t believe in the virus until they or a close family member gets insanely sick. no masks, no social distancing, straight back to work for the sake of capitalism.

(i’m american so that’s my point of reference lol)
I just saw this on twitter and immediately thought of grace and all these toxic influencers who basically don’t believe the pandemic is real.

Attachments

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
It's pretty irresponsible of her as "a hard-working CEO" to be making all of those people come into the office, there is absolutely no reason for them to be there when they could all be working from home. My office has been closed since March and isn't opening until January next year at the earliest (lots of big companies are also doing this), not a single person in my office has a job that requires them to physically be working in the office even the office manager as she's now just doing admin etc. from home. Pretty much the general opinion from literally the entire country right now is that working from home works fine in terms of productivity and pretty much any office job can be done successfully from home, making people travel into the office across London especially as they'll have to take public transport just seems really dumb when they don't have to be there? Sure it might have been an optional come in if you want to thing (but I doubt it) but it doesn't make her look great as the CEO or caring for her employees' wellbeing to have them in the office, not socially distancing and not wearing masks lol do they have no HR?

Edit: the HR department at my work have already said they're going to spend the rest of the year working out how to rearrange the office for social distancing and make sure that communal spaces are safe for everyone when the office does reopen again next year and i'm pretty sure this is the same with the majority of companies in central London, the fact she seems to have no regard for that or even thought about that doesn't exactly look great on her

Last edited:
Reactions: 16
If you look carefully you can see they have a series of flights planned, one trip ending on 7th September. An ESSENTIAL business trip of course...
This girl is gorgeous but that outfit is not it. Looks like Tala is going full lifestyle.

It's pretty irresponsible of her as "a hard-working CEO" to be making all of those people come into the office, there is absolutely no reason for them to be there when they could all be working from home. My office has been closed since March and isn't opening until January next year at the earliest (lots of big companies are also doing this), not a single person in my office has a job that requires them to physically be working in the office even the office manager as she's now just doing admin etc. from home. Pretty much the general opinion from literally the entire country right now is that working from home works fine in terms of productivity and pretty much any office job can be done successfully from home
My office is a shared one and I can meet my office mate in a pub or coffee shop but none of us are allowed back into my office. It's incredibly frustrating and I do want to be back in my office but we're having to wait until next year at least. It's just irresponsible of Grace, but obviously the rules don't apply to her.

Reactions: 6
*waits to be blocked*
If anything she’ll argue it was their choice which isn’t the point. So many people in my company want to be back but they’re only allowing 15% capacity right now and have completely changed the office so that there’s screens and lots of space between people. In an office that size there should be about 3 people max

Reactions: 10
This girl is gorgeous but that outfit is not it. Looks like Tala is going full lifestyle.

My office is a shared one and I can meet my office mate in a pub or coffee shop but none of us are allowed back into my office. It's incredibly frustrating and I do want to be back in my office but we're having to wait until next year at least. It's just irresponsible of Grace, but obviously the rules don't apply to her.
yeah in an ideal world I'd like to be back in my office too but I understand why we can't and I'm glad I work for a company that are taking things seriously and are considering all options before making us come back in as soon as possible when it's not necessary, clearly Grace doesn't take it seriously or she wouldn't have her team back in already with zero social distancing

Reactions: 1
If anything she’ll argue it was their choice which isn’t the point. So many people in my company want to be back but they’re only allowing 15% capacity right now and have completely changed the office so that there’s screens and lots of space between people. In an office that size there should be about 3 people max
And if it was their choice she should have installed screens or changed the layout of the office to ensure social distancing, it's like she's forgotten there's a pandemic because TALA has a new launch🤔

I hope she doesn't block you and the worst that she does is ignore you. Best case scenario she responds; would love to see the reasoning. You asked in a sensible and clear way, so she can't take the hater route. Keep us posted ;)
Fingers crossed, I'd to her to reply and give her reasoning! I'll keep you all posted on if she replies 🤞😬

Reactions: 4
For someone supposedly so intelligent she really seems to not think before she posts like if she's not going to follow the rules she's not going to follow them but why is she blatantly posting photos of her doing things that she shouldn't be doing (the taxi one and the office one) when people are obviously going to call her out for it, not really helping herself is she for someone who claims she can't be caught out

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I wanted to write this up a couple days ago but when thinking about the way Grace approaches black people and diversity, you can draw a lot of comparisons between this and what Jackie Aina says in her video about what went down with Jordyn Woods and the Kardashian-Jenners.

Jackie talks about how the KJs keep one or two black people around that share in their views or won't stand up to them for whatever reason (getting positive exposure from the relationship could be a reason), which gives the appearance of greenlighting the behaviour. Jackie says that after they're ‘done’ with the respective black person, the KJs discard them. From my perspective, this is why some white women’s relationships with black men are more enduring than their friendships or partnerships with black women, because they are at least initially in it for the attraction and the attraction is authentic and takes longer to be 'done' with. Meanwhile, business-based relationships (ranging from wanting to give the appearance of inclusivity to wanting to capitalise on black culture and beauty, either in their personal lives or in their businesses) white women have with black women often only last so long, because they’re usually more about what the white woman stands to gain from the relationship than about any meaningful or mutual connection. I don’t mean to downplay the fact that white women are frequently politically violent towards black men, BTW, and I do think the undercurrents to these two issues are related (seeing black men as overtly sexual).

Jackie says that during the launch for KKW beauty, she met Kim, whom she found perfectly nice, but she felt that Kim (like other celebrities) believed that everyone that was meeting her for the first time would be so enamoured with her that they wouldn't criticise her, with this presumably extending to the makeup artists like Jackie that were attending the launch. When Jackie criticised some of the products, Kim didn't tag her in any of the 40-50 promotional images, and despite her team earlier constantly asking Jackie to sign the release form (i.e., to give her permission to be included in the promotional videos), she was included in none of the videos in the end.

Does any of this sound familiar to you guys? :/ Just my two cents anyhow.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I wanted to write this up a couple days ago but when thinking about the way Grace approaches black people and diversity, you can draw a lot of comparisons between this and what Jackie Aina says in her video about what went down with Jordyn Woods and the Kardashian-Jenners.

Jackie talks about how the KJs keep one or two black people around that share in their views or won't stand up to them for whatever reason (getting positive exposure from the relationship could be a reason), which gives the appearance of greenlighting the behaviour. Jackie says that after they're ‘done’ with the respective black person, the KJs discard them. From my perspective, this is why some white women’s relationships with black men are more enduring than their friendships or partnerships with black women, because they are at least initially in it for the attraction and the attraction is authentic and takes longer to be 'done' with. Meanwhile, business-based relationships (ranging from wanting to give the appearance of inclusivity to wanting to capitalise on black culture and beauty, either in their personal lives or in their businesses) white women have with black women often only last so long, because they’re usually more about what the white woman stands to gain from the relationship than about any meaningful or mutual connection. I don’t mean to downplay the fact that white women are frequently politically violent towards black men, BTW, and I do think the undercurrents to these two issues are related (seeing black men as overtly sexual).

Jackie says that during the launch for KKW beauty, she met Kim, whom she found perfectly nice, but she felt that Kim (like other celebrities) believed that everyone that was meeting her for the first time would be so enamoured with her that they wouldn't criticise her, with this presumably extending to the makeup artists like Jackie that were attending the launch. When Jackie criticised some of the products, Kim didn't tag her in any of the 40-50 promotional images, and despite her team earlier constantly asking Jackie to sign the release form (i.e., to give her permission to be included in the promotional videos), she was included in none of the videos in the end.

Does any of this sound familiar to you guys? :/ Just my two cents anyhow.
Thanks for sharing this! I do definitely see similarities with grace, as a lot of her friendships seem to be transaccional from what I can see online. Eg, when she’s going through heavy criticism online she chooses to hang out with her older friends like Steph, but when she’s on her I’m invincible and about to release products vibes she surrounds herself with love islanders.

Grace’s school and university were predominantly white, but she’s had plenty of opportunities to
Expand her group to meet people that don’t come from the same background as her, the only ones that don’t seem to share her background are all men as she definitely likes the working class non white boy vibe for a man. I don’t think the lack of diversity in her upbringing is an excuse though, as there are plenty of people who have had a similar upbringing but surround themselves with more diverse groups when they’re older and move away from their typical circles, as it’s not the upbringing itself that’s an issue, but the acknowledgement and use of the privilege you received.

Also I should say it’s not like you should have a checklist of having diverse friends, it’s more that I find she likes to give off the impression that she’s a counterpart to lots of minority groups eg POC, working class people etc but still maintains insane levels of conscious white privilege on a daily basis.

IMO, she loves to make herself out to have gone through a struggle and tough time getting where she is. Surrounding herself by people who would have grown up with a clear disadvantage, whether that be racially or financially wouldn’t allow her to bang on constantly about her struggles being some of the worst. She needs friends like Steph who also have no concept of life outside a massive house with rich parents and white privilege to hype her up.

Reactions: 12
Double post but grace wearing a mask on her story after being called out on Monroe’s post... sweetie we all know you got your assistant to run out and get you one you were literally wearing a rag on your face travelling to France

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.