Grace Beverley #4 fecked it

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
so excited to learn how to exploit the low waste movement via greenwashing by selling faulty leggings! BOSS BABE here I come šŸ¤Ŗ

• Haha
Reactions: 14
so excited to learn how to exploit the low waste movement via greenwashing by selling faulty leggings! BOSS BABE here I come šŸ¤Ŗ
I was about to say her tactics of earning massive amounts of money should really be the book she writes!! girl has money making skills, and the ability to hide her true motivations with sustainability and girls supporting girls.

Reactions: 6
I donā€™t know if anyone remembers when there was the surge of youtubers writing books a few years ago. All of them would desperately try to justify why their book was not just another influencer book by saying thinks like: they approached the publisher themselves, they wrote it themselves...etc.

Itā€™s the same thing Grace is doing in her announcement post, trying to pretend that her fame doesnā€™t have anything to do with why her book was published. Iā€™m sorry, but she could have written a pile of drivel and it wouldā€™ve been accepted by multiple publishing houses because they know who she is and know whatever she writes will sell. Thatā€™s just how it works. Itā€™s frustrating for the writers who donā€™t have the benefit of already being famous, who have to listen to people like her pretend that their status played no role in them magically getting their first book proposal accepted. Like fair enough, write your book, but at least concede that it was only possible because of who you are and not necessarily because of the content.

Also just to add that Zoellaā€™s Girl Online books were published by Penguin too. Being accepted by a famous publisher =/= quality

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
I've been at the gym so I've only just seen this announcement but I don't have much to say. As someone who has been writing since they could literally hold a pen, this is just another blow in a long, long line of influencers who get book deals just because their books are a sure sell.

• Sad
Reactions: 29
If any of you want a good insight on "fitness" search up Ross Edgely. Great guy. Even better athlete

Oh look, grez released a book that according to Verity is what ā€œevery millennial / genzā€™er needs...
šŸ™„

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 9
She is going to tel us how to be productive like we all have the luxury of starting our day at 10am with a twenty minute workout and coffee- TIME BLOCK TIME BLOCK TIME BLOCK- watch a ted talk with my vegan lunch, walk the dog, go out for non- socially distanced catch up with friends and finish
šŸ™„šŸ™„šŸ™„šŸ™„

I hate books like this. Or when rich people release books like how to better with money- and it effectively all comes down to having some in the first place to save and invest.

shes gonna market this at studenty people Who are gonna get shock of their life when they get a real grad job and basically realise you are a cog in a machine, your workload is controlled. You donā€™t have all this flexibility and manifesting time to chat utter bollocks. So bored of her

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
All Gleam girls get book deals donā€™t they? Why is she pretending like itā€™s unique to her? Even bloody Lily Pebbles had one.

Always acting as though she does everything off her own back, itā€™s so strange.

Reactions: 22
ERM ALSO- the book costs 16.99!!!!
That is a very overly priced book for What sheā€™s offering
- first time writer, zero experience, no credibility in industry
- is it supposed to be non-fiction??? If so most people do a lot of studying/ research to chat about a specific topic, this is just graceā€™s opinions
- so more like an autobiography; but she is only an influencer. Not famous or high profile enough to warrant such a fee
- target audience- impressionable young fans, she likes to identify with students/ working class who notably donā€™t have much disposable income. Seems too much to ask that audience to pay
- itā€™s only 75,000 words. Relatively small in grand scheme (for reference zoellaā€™s book was 80,600)

Reactions: 16
This reminds me of Donald Trump publishing his "The Art Of The Deal" about being a 'self made' business man, when in reality his father funded literally everything he did. Hence both books are full of worthless information about how to make it in the business world through the author's supposed business acumen, when really the secret is a rich family ready to prop up your narcissism!

• Haha
Reactions: 13
All Gleam girls get book deals donā€™t they? Why is she pretending like itā€™s unique to her? Even bloody Lily Pebbles had one.

Always acting as though she does everything off her own back, itā€™s so strange.
yes! the attitude she has of ā€œoh little old me got a book deal somehow! life is crazy!ā€ like no witch, this was handed to u on purpose and was probably always part of the plan šŸ™„

Yeah it also clearly says the rights were bought from Gleam Titles so clearly Gleam is pulling everything for everyone. What trash this is so embarrassing for truly hardworking writers and authors out there. Capitalism is so toxic and has no room for quality, only for trash that has demand from more trash bc thatā€™s what pays.

Also her mask looked so dirty - itā€™s so unhygienic and unsafe, no Grace you couldnā€™t put more effort into remembering thereā€™s a pandemic :)

I am not in the UK so if any of you happen to see it in Waterstones please kindly let those of us not in the UK here know what itā€™s like šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ„°šŸ„°šŸ„°

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
when has she EVER seemed genuinely interested in / said anything worthwhile about productivity? she either takes on too much (grinding herself into the ground with uni essays and her oh so many businesses) or the complete opposite (does strutting around a portuguese mock up factory count as work?)

this irritates me so much as this topic could be covered by so many other youtubers / studytubers / non silver spoon business owners... and she says she isnā€™t interested in writing about fitness (which is understandable) but it would clearly fit her more & tbh itā€™s a kick in the teeth to her followers who are still pushed to buy the fitness paraphernalia she churns out

Reactions: 12
I donā€™t see what she could contribute except to say to outsource everything which is all sheā€™s done. Its easy to be ā€˜productiveā€™ when you have another company running the day to day operations of your business.

I canā€™t believe sheā€™s writing a book
It was so inevitable imo, it will just be bought by her young fans who have no idea about real life and business etc. I can only imagine the smug tone of it šŸ™„ willl she write it or will it be ghost written do we think?

when has she EVER seemed genuinely interested in / said anything worthwhile about productivity? she either takes on too much (grinding herself into the ground with uni essays and her oh so many businesses) or the complete opposite (does strutting around a portuguese mock up factory count as work?)

this irritates me so much as this topic could be covered by so many other youtubers / studytubers / non silver spoon business owners... and she says she isnā€™t interested in writing about fitness (which is understandable) but it would clearly fit her more & tbh itā€™s a kick in the teeth to her followers who are still pushed to buy the fitness paraphernalia she churns out
I always feel so bad for real writers / authors who work hard at their craft and then you tubers / influencers with no particular writing talent are just gifted book deals because of their fame

Reactions: 7
I can barely tolerate reading that caption, let alone a book from her. She is such a rampant egomanic.

Including the 9 publishers that were interested is just such a faux "I'm soooooo shocked but actually look at me being so in demand and amazing" comment. I'm sure Lousie Pentland had 11 fighting for her dog tit debut novel. Sorry Grace, not an indicator of the quality of the proposal. More your following = sales.

Also, at the beginning of lockdown she starting thinking about "concepts she couldn't work out"? So you write a book about things you don't understand but think your "ramblings" will somehow transform/lead a whole generation... Okay.

She is bleeping deluded.

Reactions: 38
Not gonna lie. Really want to read the book to see how bad it is but don't wanna give her my money

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.