Grace Beverley #4 fecked it

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Double post but grace wearing a mask on her story after being called out on Monroe’s post... sweetie we all know you got your assistant to run out and get you one you were literally wearing a rag on your face travelling to France
Hahahaha.. what a coincidence. At least she is finally wearing one....

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Nice! Strategic release when nothing else is around. Heavy promotion. Number 1 sales for that hour/day/week/month. Bio addition the minute after "1# NY TIMES/SUNDAY TIMES BESTSELLING AUTHOR".

• Haha
Reactions: 13
blows my mind that she had 9 offers - why do people want a book from a girl who was born with a silver spoon in her mouth and has barely successfully operated 2 businesses a little more than a year? and they were businesses started with extensive outsider help.

what a sham. the rich just get to pat themselves on the back constantly.

Reactions: 33
blows my mind that she had 9 offers - why do people want a book from a girl who was born with a silver spoon in her mouth and has barely successfully operated 2 businesses a little more than a year? and they were businesses started with extensive outsider help.

cause the publishers realised that her audience will buy anything she shills

Reactions: 20

Because nobody did their research and just followed the clout because clout pays

Literally the only reason she responded to being called out about Genflow is because she knew it would probably come out during the press run

Reactions: 6
hahahahaha I'm CRYING have you seen the title "Hardly Working" Grace that's YOU 😭😭😭😂

• Haha
Reactions: 14
i know clout pays, y’all - i’m just so tired of rich white girls getting huge platforms for no reason 😫😫

how much do you think they paid her for this

Reactions: 18
I have a feeling a lot of this book will me waffle with snippets of advice inapplicable to people in the normal working world. Previously, she’s preached about watching ted talks and having power naps during the working day - outside of Grace’s minions I can’t really see people finding this book useful.

Maybe her editors will reel in her ramblings a little but at the same time, they probably won’t. They’ve made their offers on the back of the clout and I don’t think grace is used to people saying “no”

Reactions: 4
Lots of mugs will buy that book
It’s gonna be all young girls just starting out in uni thinking if they buy a pretty notebook and manifest they’ll be able to start a business easily. Of course she won’t mention the massive cash injection and privilege she used to create it

Reactions: 13
Ah...the Lean In of our generation. In classic grace style, I read all the words in the press release and don't understand what the book even is.

Just money for the publisher and money for grace. Nice amount of clout to add to the #1 entrepreneur of the year. Something to physically hold and say she knows best because she wrote a book lol.

Btw, this TOTALLY explains why she went dark on twitter and insta posts after the micro influencer. Penguin would have been pissed if a bunch of people were posting negative comments on their announcement post.

For those of us who predicted this utter waste of paper, let's have a drink tonight to celebrate our own accomplishments that didn't come from a silver spoon.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Not surprised at all. Florence Given just released a book and it's done hugely well. I'd imagine they both have similar audiences of young women who are newly into feminism and looking for advice going into their 20s. Frustrating though, hardly going to be helpful when she refuses to recognise the extraordinary level of privilege she has.

Reactions: 7
I’m so sick of this. Literal billions of people around the world went to tough, prestigious universities and hold demanding jobs. Lots of those people didn’t have the safety net she had. Lots of people DIDNT do those things but still work hard. Why is SHE the authority on productivity with her bleeping 4 hour work day?

Reactions: 32
Also how is it a passion project when she literally says in her Penguin release that she’d be writing a book for the sake of it?

Not surprised at all. Florence Given just released a book and it's done hugely well. I'd imagine they both have similar audiences of young women who are newly into feminism and looking for advice going into their 20s. Frustrating though, hardly going to be helpful when she refuses to recognise the extraordinary level of privilege she has.
The difference being that Florence Given is an artist in her own right, and provides something that's relatively radical and enriching for such a young influencer.

Grace's true skill is spending money that she earned by deceiving her gullible fanbase, who will doubtlessly drop £££ on this book, as they have on faulty, overpriced Tala merch

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.