Grace Beverley #23 Greg Beggerley

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Lol that's actually embarrassing. It's literally not a girl's holiday if your boyfriend tags along. That's like a reddit AITA story come to life - there's always those threads that are like 'AITA for inviting my boyfriend along to a girls trip?' and all the replies are always like 'YES'. I'm sure we've all experienced that annoying as duck person that has to bring their partner with them everywhere and it always kills the vibe a bit, even if the partner is nice.

It's funny how in podcasts etc she boasts about how she is so independent in relationships, but it's obvious she isn't. If you can't even go on a trip away with your girlfriends for a week without bringing along your boyfriend (that you already live with!!), you aren't independent. I'm also like... dude, you're 37 and going on a girls holiday full of 25 yr olds. Just stay at home for a week jesus.

do you remember when this was? don't remember her saying this, interesting!
Sorry what he’s 37??!

Reactions: 13
She said on an insta q&a that they split the mortgage and bills 50:50 which seems so strange to me. I would never be paying 50% of someone else mortgage unless my name was getting added to the deed.

really wonder how much of a deposit she put down because surely the monthly mortgage payments on a house that size in London must be ludicrous. How is he affording?
I swear she said in the past that she bought it outright??

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Lol that's actually embarrassing. It's literally not a girl's holiday if your boyfriend tags along. That's like a reddit AITA story come to life - there's always those threads that are like 'AITA for inviting my boyfriend along to a girls trip?' and all the replies are always like 'YES'. I'm sure we've all experienced that annoying as duck person that has to bring their partner with them everywhere and it always kills the vibe a bit, even if the partner is nice.

It's funny how in podcasts etc she boasts about how she is so independent in relationships, but it's obvious she isn't. If you can't even go on a trip away with your girlfriends for a week without bringing along your boyfriend (that you already live with!!), you aren't independent. I'm also like... dude, you're 37 and going on a girls holiday full of 25 yr olds. Just stay at home for a week jesus.

do you remember when this was? don't remember her saying this, interesting!
Yep I screenshot it

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: 10
Yep I screenshot it
Thanks! Yeah I struggle to understand how he could afford the mortgage plus bills on a house like that... then again, if she is covering all the food/travel/hotels/gifted Dysons, maybe the rent and bills is his only expense, in which case maybe it's still a bargain for him lol.

Agree with you that she probably put down a mega deposit, which is probably another massive factor in why he can afford the mortgage. (also, if they break up, he'll feel like the biggest donut in the word. imagine knowing you'd helped your ex pay off the mortgage for their mansion)

Reactions: 21
He’s an idiot unless he’s getting added to the deeds. However, if they do split he could possibly claim an interest or benefit (can’t remember which it is) in the property evidenced by his contributions to the mortgage.

Reactions: 19
He’s an idiot unless he’s getting added to the deeds. However, if they do split he could possibly claim an interest or benefit (can’t remember which it is) in the property evidenced by his contributions to the mortgage.
Why? whatever he's paying is probably equivalent to what it'd cost to rent the house in his situation.

There must be newly formed couples all round that country that have one person living in a house that they are paying the mortgage on and their new OH move in and start paying a share of the mortgage/rent without being added on the deeds. When they get married then yeah it's different

Reactions: 7
But presumably he wouldn't be renting a house if he was single, he'd be renting an apartment or studio?

Reactions: 5
Why? whatever he's paying is probably equivalent to what it'd cost to rent the house in his situation.

There must be newly formed couples all round that country that have one person living in a house that they are paying the mortgage on and their new OH move in and start paying a share of the mortgage/rent without being added on the deeds. When they get married then yeah it's different
Yeah, it's reasonably common but still has its risks. One thing that always worries me in this scenario is that if the couple breaks up, and the person paying towards the mortgage with no name on it leaves, they don't have a record of a recent rental history which could make finding a place to live harder.

https://www.family-lawfirm.co.uk/blog/unmarried-couples-owning-property-together-the-law/ this Family Law firm recommends a cohabitation agreement (and mentions the interest in the property you mentioned @Vdayqueen24 )

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
Why do they live in a four bedroom house??? I don’t understand why she moved out of her flat in the slightest

Reactions: 15

Personally I think it’s a weird dynamic that you would technically be your partners landlord.

Him paying the mortgage is a very normal thing to do if you move in with your partner who owns the property. I remember they were living between her apartment and his for a while and it sounded as if he sold his place to live with her.
My boyfriend moved into my flat a few years ago and paid half the bills, although half was about 400 a month which is a lot more manageable.

its probably more likely grace asked him to come away with them, everyone knows she can’t do anything by herself and needs someone to look after her

Reactions: 8
Him paying the mortgage is a very normal thing to do if you move in with your partner who owns the property. I remember they were living between her apartment and his for a while and it sounded as if he sold his place to live with her.
My boyfriend moved into my flat a few years ago and paid half the bills, although half was about 400 a month which is a lot more manageable.

its probably more likely grace asked him to come away with them, everyone knows she can’t do anything by herself and needs someone to look after her
The whole.dynamic is weird. Imagine a holiday with friends you haven't seen inGes and the boyfriend coming along, I wonder if they knew beforehand?

Surely any self respecting man would say no though? Or yes to the trip and go off on his own hikes and adventures, but no to hanging out with all the girls?

Personally I think it’s a weird dynamic that you would technically be your partners landlord.
But then what do you do if one person has been lucky enough to buy and the other isn’t there yet? Wait until the other person has saved up enough to buy together? Surely it’s better to see how well you live together before jumping into that, and mortgages tend to be cheaper than rent anyway, right?

Reactions: 9
But then what do you do if one person has been lucky enough to buy and the other isn’t there yet? Wait until the other person has saved up enough to buy together? Surely it’s better to see how well you live together before jumping into that, and mortgages tend to be cheaper than rent anyway, right?
I wouldn't be charging them half. My ex lived with me in my flat (shared ownership) and he paid part of the rent part and half bills but none of the mortgage

I reckon him moving in is v much connected to her putting it on the market and it not selling. I think the mortgage went up to unmanageable levels for her when the interest hike happened, she's had it long enough for her rate to not be fixed any more. It will have become to expensive to live in alone, when it didn't sell or get high enough offers they probs decided to live in it with her either permanently or temporarily to wait for a better market to sell that one and buy something else together.

I think this is an area where it depends on your beliefs. I wouldn’t pay towards someone’s mortgage if my name wasn’t on the deeds because I wouldn’t want to be contributing to something that’s not mine. I would happily pay half or even more of everything else. The homeowner could still be better off by having bills halved. I’ve seen some people say why should someone live rent free - I kind of get it but 🤷🏽‍♀️

Reactions: 18
I bought a flat recently and if I have a partner move in I would 100% not have them pay towards the mortgage! If you split they can claim an interest in the property if they can prove they were paying towards the mortgage. They can pay all the bills instead!

Reactions: 19
I think there's just a big difference between paying something towards the mortgage and paying HALF the mortgage. If you bought the place on your own you should have expected to comfortably pay it yourself anyways.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.