Grace Beverley #23 Greg Beggerley

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
guys serious question and really really not meant to be offensive but is she on the spectrum or something similar because her attitude towards work and whatā€™s hard or not is giving overstimulation
I have a family member who has autism (and, unlike Grace, a real job). There's not a single thing about Greg that's a sign of autism. Being a whiny dramatic baby is not a symptom of autism.

I know you didn't mean to be offensive but I'm so tired of the recent internet trend to speculate if anyone who has any flaw or is unlikable has autism (or some other disorder). As if everyone who has autism is a dick and everyone who doesn't is perfect.

Reactions: 42
guys serious question and really really not meant to be offensive but is she on the spectrum or something similar because her attitude towards work and whatā€™s hard or not is giving overstimulation
I said this before that I genuinely do think sheā€™s autistic, because of her personality and the way she is socially.

Reactions: 1
I have a family member who has autism (and, unlike Grace, a real job). There's not a single thing about Greg that's a sign of autism. Being a whiny dramatic baby is not a symptom of autism.

I know you didn't mean to be offensive but I'm so tired of the recent internet trend to speculate if anyone who has any flaw or is unlikable has autism (or some other disorder). As if everyone who has autism is a dick and everyone who doesn't is perfect.
OP didnā€™t equate Gregā€™s dickery to autism, they suggested that her perception of difficulty/struggling to manage at work in what seems to be a relatively stressless job (compared with other jobs) appears related to over stimulation , which could be due to neurodivergence.

hate to derail but in recent years there is much more discussion online about neurodivergence which (as an adult diagnosed neurodivergent woman) is actually helpful rather than demonising or stigmatising imo. also the wider term is ā€œneurodivergenceā€ and not ā€œdisordersā€

Reactions: 21
At the end of the day I guess itā€™s a gossip forum so weā€™re not really supposed to tell other people what they can and canā€™t say, but I think ultimately with cases like this we just have no idea why Graceā€™s attitude to work is the way it is.

Personally I feel as if to some extent resilience to work is something you build like any other skill with coping mechanisms etc (I guess if youā€™re ND itā€™ll be less straightforward), and it has a lot to do with emotional/general resilience which while also can be related to neurodivergence can be related to your experiences growing up. Like if you were made to feel discomfort at not turning out a result instantly in some way growing up then of course you will have a harder time sitting and grinding with nothing to show for it beyond progress until months later. To me it seems like Grace had that kind of upbringing because she seems to always have something to prove, but that doesnā€™t mean she canā€™t have autism or something else as well although I donā€™t feel comfortable speculating around that. It could also just be sheā€™s not used to working hard because sheā€™s never had to and technically doesnā€™t have to.

I am not a psychologist or a psychiatrist so take it with a pinch of salt.

Reactions: 16
feel like any time neurodivergence has come up on grace's threads in the past it can tend to go a little off topic and potentially offend people on both sides of the argument - i don't really know the solution to this tbh as quite rightly policing goes against the spirit of the forum but it is a shame to also see people hurt or upset by speculation

Reactions: 17
My not-an-expert opinion is that Grace is just a bit lazy but totally buys in to her own BS re being so-super-busy.

Reactions: 31
I donā€™t think Grace is neurodivergent, I just think she has very low self esteem and overcompensates for that with all of her performative girl boss antics and defensive, passive aggressive attitude

Reactions: 32
I donā€™t think Grace is neurodivergent, I just think she has very low self esteem and overcompensates for that with all of her performative girl boss antics and defensive, passive aggressive attitude
Is it low self esteem? She is totally self obsessed and loves attention

Reactions: 4
Neurodivergent or not, work ethic is a skill that you grow and train over time. Whether you start your first FT job at 16, 18, after uni, or later, those first few months are a massive adaptation. Grace has never been in a position where her schedule wasn't completely her own. I think she's missed out on developing that skill by starting at the top, and she would struggle to adapt to any kind of m-f 9-5 situation if she had to. Whether that counts as laziness idk, most people wouldn't live that lifestyle if we could avoid it.

Also I think she just likes complaining. She always has something to prove about how hard she works, and the complaining is part of that.

Reactions: 30
Neurodivergent or not, work ethic is a skill that you grow and train over time. Whether you start your first FT job at 16, 18, after uni, or later, those first few months are a massive adaptation. Grace has never been in a position where her schedule wasn't completely her own. I think she's missed out on developing that skill by starting at the top, and she would struggle to adapt to any kind of m-f 9-5 situation if she had to. Whether that counts as laziness idk, most people wouldn't live that lifestyle if we could avoid it.

Also I think she just likes complaining. She always has something to prove about how hard she works, and the complaining is part of that.
Exactly, if she didn't want to she could do way less than she is anyway. She just likes to complain so people congratulate her. I think this is why she seems to have no long term friends, I find it grating seeing this on social media god knows what it's like to deal with in person

Reactions: 17
Itā€™s been said so many times but how does someone with so much money buy such unflattering and ill-fitting clothes šŸ« 
Nevermind this is that Ā£800 blazer she was gifted by some muppet who runs a pre-loved high end clothing store.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
sorry guys I really didnā€™t mean to cause any offence !!! I just canā€™t believe that someone can be nurtured into struggling with minimal work THIS MUCH which is why I suggested overstimulation

Reactions: 11
Nevermind this is that Ā£800 blazer she was gifted by some muppet who runs a pre-loved high end clothing store.
If youā€™re a business and youā€™re sending multi millionaires products for free, I hope your business fails

• Haha
Reactions: 23
So did she stay at the Corinthia (probably gifted), asked about the sheets and then emailed the company after and begged for a free set, to then post this absolutely crap ad?

Canā€™t STAND rich people going on the beg in exchange for ā€˜exposureā€™. All this is exposing is how she really is Gregg Beggerley.

Attachments

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 35
So did she stay at the Corinthia (probably gifted), asked about the sheets and then emailed the company after and begged for a free set, to then post this absolutely crap ad?

Canā€™t STAND rich people going on the beg in exchange for ā€˜exposureā€™. All this is exposing is how she really is Gregg Beggerley.
It makes me sick that some people in this country canā€™t even afford the bare necessities at the moment and this MILLIONAIRE is out here begging for free tit she can afford 100 times over

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.