Grace Beverley #18 Jeffrey Grezos: Flying all over for some French baguette, ignoring Ziggy lest we forget

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Me and one of my friends have an agreement that we can tag each other in Instagram competitions as they all seem to require you to tag someone. She tagged me in this today, I might have to cry. Also nothing pairs together quite like gym wear and jewellery....
Screenshot_20220112-143503.png

• Haha
Reactions: 13
View attachment 984047
correct me if I’m wrong, but hello magazine earning a commission for including TALA in their sports bra article surely means they’ve been asked/paid to include them?
No it doesn't (I work as a journalist on articles like these). It just means that TALA (likely) has an affiliate scheme that Hello is signed up to, so whenever a reader clicks on that link and buys something, Hello will get a percentage. However, that doesn't mean that TALA has influenced Hello's decision to include their sports bra in the round-up. (However, if they offer a particularly good commission rate, this can potentially influence whether an editor will want a particular brand in a line-up, but that's a whole other issue altogether…)

Reactions: 18
Perhaps it's just me but I find that TALA over any other activewear brand put the emphasis not on how performance-worthy it is, but rather how "flattering" they are. It's activewear at the end of the day for goodness sake. It's supposed to be durable enough to move with you during your workouts, keeping you sweat free and cool. "free boob jobs" and "free butt lift" is not what comes to mind when I think of activewear. Maybe the whole activewear movement is heading in this direction. I totally understand that you want to look and feel confident in what you wear, but not at the expense of poor quality material that rips and isn't durable. Perhaps I am just behind the times and would purchase a piece of activewear for its performance ability rather than its ability to "perk up the girls"

• Heart
Reactions: 45
Perhaps it's just me but I find that TALA over any other activewear brand put the emphasis not on how performance-worthy it is, but rather how "flattering" they are. It's activewear at the end of the day for goodness sake. It's supposed to be durable enough to move with you during your workouts, keeping you sweat free and cool. "free boob jobs" and "free butt lift" is not what comes to mind when I think of activewear. Maybe the whole activewear movement is heading in this direction. I totally understand that you want to look and feel confident in what you wear, but not at the expense of poor quality material that rips and isn't durable. Perhaps I am just behind the times and would purchase a piece of activewear for its performance ability rather than its ability to "perk up the girls"
At this point, I feel like TALA isn’t actually meant to be used in the gym - it’s just meant to be worn as part of the athleisure fashion trend.

Reactions: 37
At this point, I feel like TALA isn’t actually meant to be used in the gym - it’s just meant to be worn as part of the athleisure fashion trend.
yeah definitely, surely the point of actually gym clothes are to make you train for the body you want rather than wearing clothes that pretend you do? My boobs aren't as big as grace's but even I could never imagine training properly in something so low cut

Reactions: 11
yeah definitely, surely the point of actually gym clothes are to make you train for the body you want rather than wearing clothes that pretend you do? My boobs aren't as big as grace's but even I could never imagine training properly in something so low cut
If anything it would take me back to the days when I was new to training and very underconfident in the gym, and men would literally gawp at any woman, even interrupting our work outs to mansplain or chat you up. But I still thought I had to wear sexy gym clothes (toxic femininity) and was stuck in cycle of feeling objectified and inadequate at lifting weights, but also felt I only had worth when subjected to the male gaze. Once I stopped worrying how I looked and who was looking at me, and dressed for practicality not attention, I felt much better standing up to men, as well as smashing my work outs. She was one of the main people I was following at that time.

If anything it would take me back to the days when I was new to training and very underconfident in the gym, and men would literally gawp at any woman, even interrupting our work outs to mansplain or chat you up. But I still thought I had to wear sexy gym clothes (toxic femininity) and was stuck in cycle of feeling objectified and inadequate at lifting weights, but also felt I only had worth when subjected to the male gaze. Once I stopped worrying how I looked and who was looking at me, and dressed for practicality not attention, I felt much better standing up to men, as well as smashing my work outs. She was one of the main people I was following at that time.
And not saying that any one deserves that sort of attention for what they wear, just that I was dressing in a revealing way for the wrong reasons and it left me feeling disempowered

Reactions: 20
It feels like they're setting looking a certain way at the gym up as a dress code. Comfort for different women can take different shapes and forms, like some people like wearing closer-cut stuff and some people like wearing baggier things that cover you up a bit more. But I just don't think it's necessary to bring making your boobs look as massive and perky as possible, or your arse being thick with a tiny waist, into it. I get flattering your silhouette on some level but this is just insane, like to paraphrase jurassic bleeping park, TALA and similar brands are so preoccupied with whether or not they could make you look like you've had a boob job/butt lift that they didn't stop to think if they should.

If TALA truly cared about comfort, they would offer workout clothes that are breathable but not clingy, some that you could take off rather than peel off (I'm not dissing people who like that - I own Gymshark stuff - but how much non-clingy gymwear is in fashion right now?). They rely on women wanting to have tiny waists, a big bum, and big boobs to make sales.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
that’s because sadly Grease is image obsessed sadly…

Also surely no one actually said this, probably sent it to herself:
“Now buying the day flex launch head to toe when it comesout, more of women designing functional clothes for women that makes you feel sassy, bad assy and tits in placey”….
1) wtf is that attempt at rhyming, sounds like one of one of graces wank jokes
2) Tala isn’t fuctional at all unless you want to walk around with rips in all the wrong places
3) “tits in placey” definitely not if you are getting dayflex…

Attachments

• Haha
  • Sick
my Lululemon Aligns have a front seam but also a separate gusset bit I guess that doesn’t have a vertical seam. Idk if Tala leggings have that but it doesn’t seem to be working out for them if they do…
On the topic of front seams.. (all the cheaper activewear brands seem to have very cameltoe front seams, so I’ve only bought side seam leggings)

I saw Grace make this comment about side seams creating more waste (cos you know she cares so much about *~sustainability*~ hence the constant sales and new lines).

Can anyone with more knowledge of sewing confirm if this is correct??

Attachments

Reactions: 4

“Now buying the day flex launch head to toe when it comesout, more of women designing functional clothes for women that makes you feel sassy, bad assy and tits in placey”….
2) Tala isn’t fuctional at all unless you want to walk around with rips in all the wrong places
I think her staff do these, even includes a standard mistake (which all of Tala's posts seem to include) "clothes makes you"...

Reactions: 8

I would have thought (as Grace also suffers from this) that boob pads are less sustainable for us larger chested ladies as generally I rip them out cause they cover or support nothing?

Reactions: 17

There is absolutely NO way a real person that isn’t affiliated with the brand wrote and sent that message. Zero chance. Surely.

Reactions: 16
Has it been discussed why tf she goes to a gym (taking extra time out of her boss babe day) when she literally has a gym in her house?

Reactions: 25
Has it been discussed why tf she goes to a gym (taking extra time out of her boss babe day) when she literally has a gym in her house?
We have a gym in our apartment complex but there’s something about going to a proper gym so I can kind of see her point (apart from I wouldn’t build a home gym 🤡)

Reactions: 7
I have no clue, if I spent all that money to build a gym in my own home you’d bet my arse I’d use that gym rather than pay for a gym membership????? But she probably has a free gym membership lol #ad

I have no clue, if I spent all that money to build a gym in my own home you’d bet my arse I’d use that gym rather than pay for a gym membership????? But she probably has a free gym membership lol #ad
I guess gyms have a lot more machines than you can have in a home gym. Thought it's not like grace ever really used machines much 🤔 for me it's also getting out of the house, some people find being in a gym and seeing other people work out motivating. Thought I would get up on a freezing morning to go to the gym just for that reason haha

Reactions: 10
I guess gyms have a lot more machines than you can have in a home gym. Thought it's not like grace ever really used machines much 🤔 for me it's also getting out of the house, some people find being in a gym and seeing other people work out motivating. Thought I would get up on a freezing morning to go to the gym just for that reason haha
but if that is how you felt why would you bother with buoldong a home gym?

• Heart
Reactions: 5
STOP 😭 I have lingerie less revealing than this
That bra does not fit her at all😬

It comes across this way also when the photos promoting the active wear all feature models wearing lots of jewellery and posing as if they're trying to be on the front cover of magazines.

I select all of my activewear for comfort and support, if it looks nice that's a bonus, but ultimately it's comfort, support, and durability.

Definitely wouldn't pick a sports bra because it made my boobs look like I'd had a boob job!

Reactions: 9
That bra does not fit her at all😬

It comes across this way also when the photos promoting the active wear all feature models wearing lots of jewellery and posing as if they're trying to be on the front cover of magazines.

I select all of my activewear for comfort and support, if it looks nice that's a bonus, but ultimately it's comfort, support, and durability.

Definitely wouldn't pick a sports bra because it made my boobs look like I'd had a boob job!
If anything I want my sports bra to flatten my boobs so they don’t move while working out and annoy me 😂😂

Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.