Grace Beverley #14 delayed gratification is getting into Oxford on your gap year after being rejected once

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Talk about eyebrow arch! Maybe I’m just hyper-fixated on eyebrows now that I’m obsessed with the straight eyebrow trend but don’t recall her ever having that much of an arch. Even considering a more surprised expression View attachment 504721
I think she actually is raising her eyebrows a lot here, because in the candid picture posted by her friend yesterday (shared on the previous page of this thread) her eyebrows look as flat as they used to. I'm no longer convinced she had an eyebrow lift like we all thought for a while!

Reactions: 11
I think she actually is raising her eyebrows a lot here, because in the candid picture posted by her friend yesterday (shared on the previous page of this thread) her eyebrows look as flat as they used to. I'm no longer convinced she had an eyebrow lift like we all thought for a while!
It's weird though that her forehead doesn't look wrinkled at all. If she was just raising them then I think we'd see wrinkles as she did have forehead ones before? I've no idea

Reactions: 14
It's weird though that her forehead doesn't look wrinkled at all. If she was just raising them then I think we'd see wrinkles as she did have forehead ones before? I've no idea
She has a filter on, like she always does. She takes her videos, adds a filter, saves and re-uploads so you can’t see she has it on at the top of her stories. You can see the forehead wrinkles in this pic so her filter has smoothed her face out :) she’s a professional boss woman and a professional catfish x

Attachments

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 35
She has a filter on, like she always does. She takes her videos, adds a filter, saves and re-uploads so you can’t see she has it on at the top of her stories. You can see the forehead wrinkles in this pic so her filter has smoothed her face out :) she’s a professional boss woman and a professional catfish x
Damn I saw its a filter but didn't realise it almost completely removes wrinkles too 🤣

• Haha
i don’t get it? if you’re going to use filters, at least own it/be transparent? is she really trying to make people think she has perfect flawless skin and doesn’t use filters? don’t really get what she’d get out of that unless it’s just another one of her superiority complex things 🥴

Reactions: 30
"A new ruling by the advertising standards authority states that influencers need to disclose when they use face filters to promote UK beauty products."

If she ever promotes a beauty product without disclosing the filter she's breaking the rules (again).

Reactions: 37
Someone has asked if people would reccomend TALA in a FB group I'm in, and majority of comments are no the crotch seam spilt after a few wears. 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Not sure if anyone’s mentioned this yet, but I’ve just come across this article with Grace:

and it just reads like she’s so arrogant. She keeps making weird comparisons between her and Jeff Bezos, goes on about how she gets “torrents of abuse” online, and of course she tells the story about her student fee issue. She then goes on to say that she sold 1000 copies of her e-book at £35 each, so she essentially made £35k since the cost of producing an e-book is negligible.

oh and she also says “I can’t explain every lost package” as if not knowing what happened to it gives her a right to be rude and arrogant. It’s so so so clear that she’s never worked in any customer-facing job. There have been so many times as a waitress I had to fix something that wasn’t my fault, and then apologise for it - that’s what you do to keep the customer happy!

I don’t know what it is, but her tone is just so negative in this.

Attachments

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 48
Not sure if anyone’s mentioned this yet, but I’ve just come across this article with Grace:

and it just reads like she’s so arrogant. She keeps making weird comparisons between her and Jeff Bezos, goes on about how she gets “torrents of abuse” online, and of course she tells the story about her student fee issue. She then goes on to say that she sold 1000 copies of her e-book at £35 each, so she essentially made £35k since the cost of producing an e-book is negligible.

oh and she also says “I can’t explain every lost package” as if not knowing what happened to it gives her a right to be rude and arrogant. It’s so so so clear that she’s never worked in any customer-facing job. There have been so many times as a waitress I had to fix something that wasn’t my fault, and then apologise for it - that’s what you do to keep the customer happy!

I don’t know what it is, but her tone is just so negative in this.
you’re bang on with this, when i used to work in retail (as a 14 year
old many moons ago) the phrase was “customer is king” and mentality was if you are approached with an issue no matter what your level, you make efforts to fix it. efforts including acknowledge the problem and apologise for said problem 🤷🏾‍♀️ clearly they don’t teach this at harvard business school...

Reactions: 18
Lmao ‘torrents of abuse’, do you mean your customers complaining on your businesses IG pages because you’ve sold them faulty products and they can’t get a reply off the customer service email?
God she is so fragile haha

• Haha
Reactions: 57
Lmao ‘torrents of abuse’, do you mean your customers complaining on your businesses IG pages because you’ve sold them faulty products and they can’t get a reply off the customer service email?
God she is so fragile haha
either that or people pointing out that shower facilities are an option. must be so horrendous to be told to stop taking selfies and wash your greasy hair 😢😢

• Haha
As usual, she chucks "nuance" in at every available opportunity.

"The companies deserve to be bigger than they are... but I don’t agree with billionaires. I don’t think it’s a place I want to be."

So much to pick apart in just this extract. Her companies have been going a few years and they make millions in turnover --- yet they deserve more right now? She doesn't agree with billionaires yet compares herself to Jeff Bezos?

Also look at these reviews:

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
And she also says “I can’t explain every lost package” as if not knowing what happened to it gives her a right to be rude and arrogant. It’s so so so clear that she’s never worked in any customer-facing job. There have been so many times as a waitress I had to fix something that wasn’t my fault, and then apologise for it - that’s what you do to keep the customer happy!
But the comments she gets online from people asking where their order is or saying their leggings ripped aren't even aggressive. I don't think she actually has anything to do with customer service emails and DMs, in my opinion all she would personally have to deal with is public comments on her own posts. Maybe I'm wrong but I can't imagine TALAs demographic (teens and young women who are super fans of hers) being overly aggressive when contacting customer services.

Imagine her working in retail or hospitality and having to deal face-to-face with an actually angry and abusive customer, she'd crumble.

She's been so cushioned her entire life that she can't handle anything slightly negative that even in her adult life she needs to surround herself with 'yes' people and block anyone who doesn't constantly kiss her arse.

Reactions: 49
Did anyone else see her story the other day asking for recommendations for where people want to go out in London with their friends once lockdown has lifted? She asked people to respond to her story and said she would share all the replies. It’s really bothered me that she hasn’t shared the responses?

She’s done it before as well like with places to stay and go when she was travelling in South America - such an annoying thing influencers do where they ask for recommendations but don’t share the replies they get!

Reactions: 22
Did anyone else see her story the other day asking for recommendations for where people want to go out in London with their friends once lockdown has lifted? She asked people to respond to her story and said she would share all the replies. It’s really bothered me that she hasn’t shared the responses?

She’s done it before as well like with places to stay and go when she was travelling in South America - such an annoying thing influencers do where they ask for recommendations but don’t share the replies they get!
bet she’s compiling another list (like the bras) so she can get her meal adgifted x

Reactions: 14

I don't know much about Instagram so this might be totally implausible, or maybe it just doesn't apply to this situation, but I feel like lots of times influencers just do stuff like this to boost engagement. I don't know if that does something to the IG algorithm or means she can get more money for #adgifted stories or what. It's obvious when they ask quastions on posts that they're just looking for more likes and comments, but I think maybe engagement on stories can be just as important to an influencers 'brand'.

Reactions: 30
I don't know much about Instagram so this might be totally implausible, or maybe it just doesn't apply to this situation, but I feel like lots of times influencers just do stuff like this to boost engagement. I don't know if that does something to the IG algorithm or means she can get more money for #adgifted stories or what. It's obvious when they ask quastions on posts that they're just looking for more likes and comments, but I think maybe engagement on stories can be just as important to an influencers 'brand'.
Yep this is true!
That's why Kaz (one example) does those random "tell me a time" or "this or that" stories - I used to follow someone who did similar (they were a budding influencer) and it annoyed the helll out of me.

Reactions: 9
Yeah, I think we’ll figure out pretty quick that she didn’t care about the recommendations come summer when she will be doing the same predictable pap walks with Montana out of Sexy Fish and Novikov.

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.